Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2011, 10:06   #121
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ford needs to do something for its interiors. They dont seem that great. Agreed, engines and driveability are great, but some thing needs to be done to the interriors too.

Even car and bike show, which was aired some time back claimed the same.
I agree totally with you on this.
When it comes to Interiors, IMO the Jap's rank the best!!
Old 10th January 2011, 10:11   #122
Senior - BHPian

New Fiesta & MUV from Ford stable

Heard from my friend who is working for Ford Dealer that the new Fiesta/Focus is launching on or before April 2011 and they have been working on another MUV falls on Innova & Xylo category and will be released on or before July 2011.
Old 10th January 2011, 10:16   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Going through the thread, i deduced that the Ikon maybe phased out with the Fiesta taking it's place,and the new Fiesta sedan/hatch fighting in i20/City territory.
But what about naming?
Is Ford India going to do what they do always,like India specific branding,or keeping with international hierarchy,give the original name? Cause they cant change the present Fiesta name overnight ,nor change the new Fiesta name. Maybe may add some suffix like vista,manza etc.
ACI mag says that the hatch will be named 'Verve' and the sedan, the Falcon. Verve was the name given to the present-gen European Fiesta hatch during its unveiling.

Yeah and Falcon is the RWD monster from Australia! Wonder how that name will suit this.
Old 10th January 2011, 10:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree totally with you on this.
When it comes to Interiors, IMO the Jap's rank the best!!
That's a joke, right? I mean the Japs are good in maintaining a decent level of quality but its the euros who come on trumps when it come to 'real' quality.
Old 10th January 2011, 11:11   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
That's a joke, right? I mean the Japs are good in maintaining a decent level of quality but its the euros who come on trumps when it come to 'real' quality.
Well said. I think Japs are good to main acceptable levels. But its the Europeans, who really set the benchmark.
Old 10th January 2011, 20:12   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Nope, not kidding!!
The comfort level's in Jap's is better than the Europeans. Mind you i am not talking about the driving position or driving ergonomics, purely talking only about practicality and comfort, the Japs are better.
Having driven a Fiesta, which was designed in Europe and the New Honda City, i definitely feel when it comes to practicality and comfort, the Japs are ahead.
Old 10th January 2011, 20:28   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Nope, not kidding!!
The comfort level's in Jap's is better than the Europeans. Mind you i am not talking about the driving position or driving ergonomics, purely talking only about practicality and comfort, the Japs are better.
Having driven a Fiesta, which was designed in Europe and the New Honda City, i definitely feel when it comes to practicality and comfort, the Japs are ahead.
From the point of view of Altis I agree. Not sure of City since never been into it much. Some how the low seating was making me feel a bit dizzy. Else yes what you say perfectly true.

But I guess the VW/Skoda are a different ball game.

More importantly where is man of the moment? @Mustang? Waiting to hear from you!
Old 10th January 2011, 22:51   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Exactly my point, Our government is full of uneducated people who think that "badee gadee matlab zyaada polluting gaadi"..

Our government thinks that the smaller the car, the lesser the traffic.
All other things being equal, this is a true statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
What they dont realise that having a 3989 mm long car or a 4100 mm long car makes absolutely no impact on traffic conditions also.

For god's sake it only 1.1 cms longer.
Well they had to pick 'a' number.

If they picked 4.2 then the 4.5 guys will start whining and so on....there is no end to it.
Old 12th January 2011, 09:21   #129
BHPian

There was an advt. in local newspaper today saying 70000 INR off on Fiesta and 22" Sony LCD free (guranteed offer) .Thought this piece of info might be relevent to this thread.Is the launch getting nearer
Old 12th January 2011, 10:37   #130
BHPian

There was an offer same like this on previous gen Hyundai i10 near to the launch of current one. SO we can expect the new fiesta launch in nearby time.
Old 12th January 2011, 17:01   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Nope, not kidding!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
From the point of view of Altis I agree. Not sure of City since never been into it much. Some how the low seating was making me feel a bit dizzy. Else yes what you say perfectly true.

But I guess the VW/Skoda are a different ball game.

More importantly where is man of the moment? @Mustang? Waiting to hear from you!
IMO, we really cant vote for any specific region to be the best in terms of say anything, interiors too of course. More or less it is car specific, the more high end you go, the comfort increases. But, as far as quality and durability of the interiors are considered, Germans (not the euros as a whole - Linea is an example) might be ahead of Japs. If you think from interior aesthetics, again no generalization may be possible, IMO. Think about Chevy Avio interiors or for that matter Cruze - Americans.

Nevertheless, talking on Ford, yes, the interiors are not eye-catchy.
Old 12th January 2011, 18:15   #132
BHPian

well i just visited the ford showroom and that 71k+tv offer isnt there anymore, its all sold out, they say they dont have any 10 model left except for a figo zxi in which they are givin discounts of about 20k

Last edited by theguy : 12th January 2011 at 18:31.
Old 12th January 2011, 18:15   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
There was an advt. in local newspaper today saying 70000 INR off on Fiesta and 22" Sony LCD free (guranteed offer) .Thought this piece of info might be relevent to this thread.Is the launch getting nearer
The LCD offer is to clear their 2010 stocks since this is clearly mentioned in the fine print. (Not sure if it is also to clear the Sony LCD stocks)
Old 16th January 2011, 09:03   #134
Team-BHP Support

This week's CNB show features Big Ford announcement at the Detroit Motor Show about global launch for focus hatch and the fiesta sedan in US.

Tubaah: Car and Bike team visits the Detroit Motor Show

Last edited by ampere : 16th January 2011 at 09:07.
Old 16th January 2011, 11:04   #135
naj
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
The best thing for Ford to do would be, provide some big discount for the current Ikon guys, I mean old ones to upgrade to the Global Fiesta sedan,
By this way it serves two purpose,
1. Have thier current Ikon customers in good frame of mind
2. It would serve as good PR and increase the sales of Global fiesta rightaway. and Needless to say its such a great CRM activity.

What say guys.

@MUSTANG your take on this??
+1.
I have been waiting desperately for a executive sedan in the civic category from ford.
I would like to upgrade the Ikon and hopefully the new Fiesta will fit the bill.Ford should indeed offer attractive exchange and upgrade packages to existing customers.
Cheers,
Naj

Last edited by naj : 16th January 2011 at 11:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks