Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 15:54   #1351
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

In case someone has already posted this, then request the mods to remove this; I was browsing through Ford US website, and found out the following details on power and torque:

Power (BHP): 120@6350
Torque: (lb ft.) 112@5000, (nm) 151.8@5000

The petrol version is 1.6 Ti-VCT, which I think is already known. Guess we didn't have the details on power and torque; though it's not necessary that it'll be the same here.

The US Fiesta sedan's front end grill is different from the Fiesta hatch's front end, and IMO looks better with multiple thin horizontal slats. Here, we'll have the same front end grill as the Figo's.

The link: http://www.ford.com/cars/fiesta/specifications/engine/

Last edited by Tats07 : 26th May 2011 at 15:55.
Old 26th May 2011, 18:58   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
By sourcing components from different vendors? And you got to accept the fact that the Figo's TDCi has got the most number of complaints among the whole lot of Fiestas, Figos and Ikons over here.
Oh, I'm sorry Sir, I am unaware of any news about this issue But I guess, this is simply because there are more number of Figos on our roads than Fiestas or Ikons. Either which way it is, the new Fiesta being a premium offering, will not have any such issues hopefully
Old 26th May 2011, 19:34   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Oh, I'm sorry Sir, I am unaware of any news about this issue
It's not a news, but my take on this.

Quote:
But I guess, this is simply because there are more number of Figos on our roads than Fiestas or Ikons.
Ha Ha to that. Figo is maybe an year old launch? How long has the Fiesta TDCi been in the market? It was launched somewhere in 2005 end. Do the math. And fish out ownership threads of Fiesta/Ikon TDCis and Figo TDCis, check out various issues reported, you would have a similar thought.
Old 26th May 2011, 19:44   #1354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
In case someone has already posted this, then request the mods to remove this; I was browsing through Ford US website, and found out the following details on power and torque:

Power (BHP): 120@6350
Torque: (lb ft.) 112@5000, (nm) 151.8@5000

The petrol version is 1.6 Ti-VCT, which I think is already known. Guess we didn't have the details on power and torque; though it's not necessary that it'll be the same here.
Guess you have posted the petrol specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
The US Fiesta sedan's front end grill is different from the Fiesta hatch's front end, and IMO looks better with multiple thin horizontal slats. Here, we'll have the same front end grill as the Figo's.

The link: 2011 Ford Fiesta | View Full Engine Specifications | Ford.com
Yeah, this was discussed previously. The US Fiesta looks different since the bumpers are redesigned for some safety specifications in US & we get the European design Fiesta.
Old 26th May 2011, 20:20   #1355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But I guess, this is simply because there are more number of Figos on our roads than Fiestas or Ikons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Ha Ha to that. Figo is maybe an year old launch? How long has the Fiesta TDCi been in the market? It was launched somewhere in 2005 end. Do the math.
@DRIV3R, May be not !! I was just looking at the sales numbers for Fiestas & Ikons and looks like those used to clock an average of 2000 units. Considering Fiesta was launched in 2005 end and assuming 1500 units a month on an average, it would have sold approximately 1,00,000 [1L] units. On the same note Figo sells around 7000 units on an average, the figures hovers around 1,20,000 units from its launch in Jan 2010 ! And out of these the TDCi numbers for a Figo should easily be much more than the Fiesta TDCis ! Even if you give & take some 1000s, atleast both will be in the same range in terms of sales. There is no reason for me to think otherwise.

PS:: I didnt have accurate & complete info about the sales figures, hence have taken more of an approximate figure and have done the calculations based on it.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th May 2011 at 20:29.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 21:11   #1356
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta very recently touched the 1,00,000 mark. Dunno about the Figo though What is of more importance over here is that the new Fiesta has already sold a huge number of cars across the globe, so we would be getting a tried and tested product then.
Old 26th May 2011, 21:23   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Fiesta very recently touched the 1,00,000 mark. Dunno about the Figo though What is of more importance over here is that the new Fiesta has already sold a huge number of cars across the globe, so we would be getting a tried and tested product then.
Correction, the Fiesta toiuched the 1 lakh mark last April or May, not this year. I remember getting an sms soon after I returned from the US last April.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 21:41   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Oops my bad, the Figo has reached its 1,00,000th mark very recently, on 27th April to be exact. The Fiesta crossed this mark on May 7th last year. Just checked out on the internet
Old 27th May 2011, 14:08   #1359
BHPian

Last evening, I contacted South City Ford, Noida to enquire when are they gettingthe New Fiesta. His first reaction was nothing is happening as of now for New Fiesta. It is being shown at Select City Mall, Saket but no idea when will they get at their showroom but when I countered him that people who have booked their car at Saket mall have got the confirmation that they will geta delivery in July.

he replied "Sir Hum se jyada to aapko maaloom hai, Car June 3rd yaa 4th week mai aayegi, July se delivery start ho jaayegi"
Old 27th May 2011, 15:02   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Came across this

money.outlookindia.com | Ford

Quote:
this is a product that has been developed by Ford in keeping with its strategy of developing vehicles to suit all or most markets it is present in so that the development costs can be amortised over a very large number of cars. Components are also sourced globally with an eye on costs. This car, according to Ford, has already sold a million units worldwide. So, most of the initial costs would have been recouped, giving the company the elbow room to keep prices down.

Ford to invest Rs 325 cr to hike engine production at Chennai

Quote:
This expansion will allow the company to provide more technologically advanced and fuel-efficient engines to the customers in India and in markets around the world where the company exports Chennai-built vehicles, he added.

"When the expansion is finished, a third production shift will be added at the engine assembly plant, creating more than 300 new direct jobs," Boneham said.

This planned expansion will support the company's plan to introduce eight new global Ford vehicles in India by 2015, he added.

With this additional investment, Ford's total investment in India has crossed over $1 billion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
he replied "Sir Hum se jyada to aapko maaloom hai, Car June 3rd yaa 4th week mai aayegi, July se delivery start ho jaayegi"

Last edited by Surprise : 27th May 2011 at 15:03.
Old 27th May 2011, 22:09   #1361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
@Surprise, Assuming you are looking for a translation... the SA replied to Joy that "Sir you know more than us about the car, that the new Fiesta will come to showrooms in June 3 or 4 week and deliveries will start in July".
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 23:53   #1362
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I doubt that they would ever do that but i sure hope that they do as it would personally benefit me too as i am planning to swap my Ikon 1.6 with that new ford fiesta.
Me too have and ikon 1.6 to swap for new ford fiesta 1.6 TDCi . Waiting for a test ride to finalize my decision.
johnjojo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 11:16   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
@Surprise, Assuming you are looking for a translation... the SA replied to Joy that "Sir you know more than us about the car, that the new Fiesta will come to showrooms in June 3 or 4 week and deliveries will start in July".
This morning I visited MPL in Chennai. They dont seem to have proper info on launch. According to them, deliveries could be from August. However, now bookings are taken at Rs 25000, fully refundable. No clue on price, timeframe of launch/ TD....
Old 28th May 2011, 15:27   #1364
Senior - BHPian

It would be better if Ford came out with the launch and delivery dates now, so much speculation! uff! And I don't understand how they expect customers to book a car without knowing the variants or pricing, let alone driving or feeling the car in person.
Old 28th May 2011, 18:07   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lo View Post
This morning I visited MPL in Chennai. They dont seem to have proper info on launch. According to them, deliveries could be from August. However, now bookings are taken at Rs 25000, fully refundable. No clue on price, time frame of launch/ TD....
Check with Chennai Ford @ 2379 1100

Quote:
It would be better if Ford came out with the launch and delivery dates now, so much speculation! uff! And I don't understand how they expect customers to book a car without knowing the variants or pricing, let alone driving or feeling the car in person.
Atleast, why not Ford circulate the message to all its dealers on tentative launch & delivery dates? Even the pricing & variants can be revealed at launch.

SE of a different Ford dealership at same Chennai is confident of launch at first week of June 2011 & deliveries from July 2011. But according to Vivek, SE of another dealer at Chennai has not clue launch dates.

How does such small important things escape from the eyes of manufacturers?

I guess it makes sense to market the launch dates 2-3 weeks in prior. I knew a lot of people, who were evaluating Verna RB, did not have any clue on launch of new Fiesta.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed