Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 18:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

The dash looks as if it has a beast within and ready to attack the passengers sitting is it me or someone else also felt same! Kind of aggressive looking dash!

Why is that 3rd pic has controls on only one side of steering>

How about some external pics?
Old 26th March 2010, 18:45   #32
BHPian

yea... the dash has kind of Alien-ish look. But I am liking it.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:48   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
The dash looks as if it has a beast within and ready to attack the passengers sitting is it me or someone else also felt same! Kind of aggressive looking dash!

Why is that 3rd pic has controls on only one side of steering>

How about some external pics?
I cant take pics from the outside as i will be easily seen doing that then, This is the best that i could manage.

That 3rd pic is from the base model, thats why.

However you can see the external pics here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...cs-pg-6-a.html

For the sedan exterior pics, visit ford USA.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:52   #34
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I cant post any other pics for a while, i just got about a minute in each car to examine them so that i can report on it & take a pic (secretly).

2 of these cars were hatches, 2 were sedans.

moreover the sedan & hatch will have identical interiors for identical variants.

Focus is not stationed here (as per my knowledge) but we have a new mondeo here & i just saw it twice, Its being stored in a very restricted area.
Take your time mate. What's your opinion on the sedan version - does it look neat? Hope the boot doesn't look like a stick-on job, Indigo types...Have seen the pics of the china version, but want to know how it looks when seen in close quarters.

Mondeo You are making me drool now; guess i will have to figure out a way to sneak into Ford factory now.

Focus not being there is a bummer, as that is something i can hope to buy in couple of years time.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:55   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Take your time mate. What's your opinion on the sedan version - does it look neat? Hope the boot doesn't look like a stick-on job, Indigo types...Have seen the pics of the china version, but want to know how it looks when seen in close quarters.

Mondeo You are making me drool now; guess i will have to figure out a way to sneak into Ford factory now.

Focus not being there is a bummer, as that is something i can hope to buy in couple of years time.

Its not a stick on job in my opinion, rest you can decide by seeing the pics at the ford USA website.

Focus will surely launch by Q2-Q3 of 2011 in India (official). So I guess the timing is perfect for you
Old 26th March 2010, 19:00   #36
oss
BHPian

Quote:

Focus will surely launch by Q2-Q3 of 2011 in India (official). So I guess the timing is perfect for you
That's good news. Hope to get an early update from you when the imported Focus arrives in Chennai for testing

I just hope Ford decides to strap the 2.0L TDCi instead of deciding in favour of 1.6 TDCi.
Old 26th March 2010, 19:18   #37
BHPian

I wish i could wait for years for the new car launches. Projections for the launch of most of the cars have failed to a good extent. i have counted a few model launches like fortuner, the new suv from mahindra, new safari, new santro, diesel variants of accord, sx4, the list goes on.
Old 26th March 2010, 19:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wow! No difference whatsoever from the European model.Great.Thanks for the scoop Mustang.101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
So what happens to the current Fiesta? Ford discontinues it? or repositions it one segment lower?
Most probably it'll be discontinued,or it'll be repositioned to fill the shoes of the Ikon which will surely be phased out soon.But they better keep the 1.6S!.The new Fiesta sedan will most likely fight it out against the ANHC.I think they'll roll out the hatch pretty soon.
Old 26th March 2010, 20:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Mustang, great scoop! I was worried that the coral dash from the Figo would make its way into the new Fiesta. I absolutely love the maroon/black/silver interiors in Pic 1.

I don't really like the new Fiesta sedan's looks from what I have seen in the pics. It looks a bit too bulbuous. The hatch looks really hot though.

Do you guys have a Focus there yet? I know there's a Mondeo in there, so when can we see more pics?

And I had another question. Cosworth is selling a 225 BHP 2.0L Duratec engine which may soon be available in India. They say it's a straight fit on to our current Fiesta. Do you think it would be a straight fit? If it is, I don't think I will be needing the new Focus.

http://www.cosworth.com/Default.aspx?id=1093922

Last edited by Gilead : 26th March 2010 at 20:19.
Old 26th March 2010, 20:25   #40
BHPian

awesome interiors, even the base one looks very very good. Isn't the dash bottom a bit low? I mean it is not conventionally rounded, but rather have an edge, this might give tall front passengers' knees some knocks.

nice scoop mustang. thanks for the pics.
Old 26th March 2010, 20:30   #41
BHPian

Looks much better than any other ford's vehicle available in india. The speedo reminded me of the mighty R8 for a second
Old 26th March 2010, 20:54   #42
BHPian

From what I have learned, from a very reliable source is that the current Fiesta won't be discontinued but the Euro spec Fieata sedan will be launched at a price higher than the current Fiesta. Also the Mondeo will be launched around the same time as the Euro spec Fiesta.

I recentely had a ride in the Euro spec Diesel Fiesta but it somehow failed to impress me. It seemed like it had louder cabin noise and also the dashboard (black) plastic looked cheaper (cost cutting?), though the interiors have a lovely design.

Anyway depending on the success of the Figo there may also be a ST version launched, now that is what I would want .
Old 26th March 2010, 21:20   #43

Quote:
Dont know but either way it might be more expensive than the current fiesta in India.
@Mustang. Thanks for the information. This is great news. Good to know that Ford is finally bringing one of its new global products to India. I have had the pleasure of driving and be driven in many ford vehicles across the world and they are just amazing. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if they price the sedan fiesta at more than 8 lakhs. Its truly a world class product and please don't compare it with honda jazz.

Disclaimer: I work for a Ford Subsidiary in India (not at the plant)
Old 26th March 2010, 21:43   #44
BHPian

Mustang - Thanks for sharing the pictures and related information. Great scoop.

Are we getting the Chinese or the American version of the sedan. Since you have directed users to the Ford's American site for details, hence the question.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:50   #45
BHPian

@Mustang - mate, please do not take unnecessary risks at your job in order to click pics. Inside information is welcome, but not by putting yourself/job at risk.

Please take due care! All the best!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed