Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 08:42   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
This sounds like an interesting & useful deviation - a contrast to the traditional strategy of providing almost similar dash / interiors irrespective of the exterior colour for cars at this segment.
Any idea on the engine specs. Are we getting the 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT @ 120 PS.
Yes we are definitely getting this engine. This is 100% confirmed, no doubts whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Is the exterior like this?

Attachment 316461
Yes its like this only, But the wheels were different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
mmmmmm, so you got just 1 minute in each car to secretly take spy pictures and this is the best you could do. IMHO (personal), these pictures look professional -- like how they are when they are released to the press.
They don't look like spy pictures to me but look pictures that have been carefully taken & professionally with all aspects like lightning, angles etc etc taken care of.

Either you are a very very good photographer or just got lucky

OT: Which camera were you using?
I had a minute to check out some of the new things on this car & had to write a report on it later, but i took a few seconds out of it & took a pic for each variant.

I was using a sony cybershot. I dont know the model no. but it is the extremely slim one without a retractable lens (so i can slide it easily in my pockets) , i bought it about a year back only.
Old 27th March 2010, 08:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
mmmmmm, so you got just 1 minute in each car to secretly take spy pictures and this is the best you could do. IMHO (personal), these pictures look professional -- like how they are when they are released to the press.
They don't look like spy pictures to me but look pictures that have been carefully taken & professionally with all aspects like lightning, angles etc etc taken care of.

Either you are a very very good photographer or just got lucky

OT: Which camera were you using?

I agree with fellow members here. Please don't put your job at risk and do adhere to contractual obligations that you would have with your employer -- unless you have been authorized to reveal such information.
I think this 'looks' authorized. On the other hand, I see no harm in it at all.
Old 27th March 2010, 09:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

The interiors give a transformer look like as of GM Cruze..
Old 27th March 2010, 11:47   #64
BHPian

@Mustang.101

Good job dude. Thanks for the Pics. The center console looks cool. Is any Automatic Transmission of Fiesta in the line?
Old 27th March 2010, 11:55   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewheel View Post
@Mustang.101

Good job dude. Thanks for the Pics. The center console looks cool. Is any Automatic Transmission of Fiesta in the line?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1805159
Old 27th March 2010, 11:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mustang, I did mention in an earlier post that I like the dash color combination in Pic 1. Only thing I referred to it as Maroon and not Plum. It looks great unlike the Coral dash on the Figo.

I don't like the looks of the new Fiesta sedan. I like straight lines and this one is a little too curvy for my liking. I think I like the Focus better. I would love to see a pic of the Mondeo if you can get it.

So will the positioning be something like Fiesta hatch < Fiesta sedan < Focus sedan <Mondeo? I guess that will push the Mndeo's price to 16 lacs or above.
Old 27th March 2010, 12:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I don't like the looks of the new Fiesta sedan. I like straight lines and this one is a little too curvy for my liking. I think I like the Focus better. I would love to see a pic of the Mondeo if you can get it.
Bingo!

I too don't like the new Fiesta's design, overstyled and bulbous is my first impression. But then, I am often called boring because I say that I like the current Fiesta's looks .
Old 27th March 2010, 12:37   #68
BANNED

My Ikon 1.6 is 8 years old & next year it will be 9 years old, so i guess i will be going for the new fiesta straightaway. I dont care whether its a hatch or a sedan though i find the hatch in that 'vision' blue color to be very tempting.

However since i just bought a fusion, so a booted car would make more sense for me.

Today afternoon i might get my hands on the sedan for a small TD.
Old 27th March 2010, 12:37   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Well according to me the Fiesta Sedan looks like an i20 in the sedan mode, anyone who liked the design of i20 will surely like it.

But I am noticing this trend among new cars, where the 3rd box in a 3 box structure is almost intermingled with the second to seem like a 2.5 box structure.
Old 27th March 2010, 17:15   #70
BHPian

@Mustang.101 - Thanks for all your efforts man. I have been following your posts on the other threads and must say, I am definitely impressed

If you can share one more thing for us, I have heard that the wheelbase for the new Fiesta (hatch) is the same as that of the Figo i.e as they stand now in the world - 2489 mm.

That being the case, is the space utilization in the hatch better than that of the Figo (shoulder and leg room)? Since the hatch is going to be bigger than the Figo, I would want considerably more space - something like in the Indica Vista.
Old 27th March 2010, 17:27   #71
BANNED

Just had a small TD (20 kms) in the new fiesta sedan petrol 1.6 Ti-VCT duratec. Now i am going to compare it with our current 1.6 L duratec fiesta. Just going to compare performance & ride & handling.

PROS:

1) You can feel the extra power in the new fiesta
2) Throttle Response is better
3) More Stable at higher speeds ie. > 120 kmph
4) Cornering is really better than our current fiesta and steering is more direct.
5) Ride is also better
6) Longer wheelspin wooohooo!!!
7) Steering is better to hold.

CONS:
1) The steering is an electric one & you can make that out obviously as it is much lighter than the old fiesta steering, Infact the heavy steering feel is missing but is not actually vague. The steering however becomes a little more heavier when you cross 60 kmph.
2) Feedback in the steering of the new fiesta is no match to the current fiesta in India. The latter is the clear winner here, no questions asked.
3) Not even the most obedient driver in India will hear the horn of the new gen fiesta, Its simply too soft.

Conclusion : In comparison to the current fiesta in India, Performance is better, Ride is also better & handling is also better but the steering loses some feel & feedback, otherwise handling is more precise & direct.
Old 27th March 2010, 18:05   #72
Senior - BHPian

Man

The review as as short as your test ride. The crux of the same is that the new gen Fiesta stares in face of City, & says I'm better than you & here.

Good news for enthusiasts.

Any indication on the price front...

Also, please advice on the status of existing line-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Just had a small TD (20 kms) in the new fiesta sedan petrol 1.6 Ti-VCT duratec. Now i am going to compare it with our current 1.6 L duratec fiesta. Just going to compare performance & ride & handling.

PROS:

1) You can feel the extra power in the new fiesta
2) Throttle Response is better
3) More Stable at higher speeds ie. > 120 kmph
4) Cornering is really better than our current fiesta and steering is more direct.
5) Ride is also better
6) Longer wheelspin wooohooo!!!
7) Steering is better to hold.

CONS:
1) The steering is an electric one & you can make that out obviously as it is much lighter than the old fiesta steering, Infact the heavy steering feel is missing but is not actually vague. The steering however becomes a little more heavier when you cross 60 kmph.
2) Feedback in the steering of the new fiesta is no match to the current fiesta in India. The latter is the clear winner here, no questions asked.
3) Not even the most obedient driver in India will hear the horn of the new gen fiesta, Its simply too soft.

Conclusion : In comparison to the current fiesta in India, Performance is better, Ride is also better & handling is also better but the steering loses some feel & feedback, otherwise handling is more precise & direct.
Old 27th March 2010, 18:20   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Man

The review as as short as your test ride. The crux of the same is that the new gen Fiesta stares in face of City, & says I'm better than you & here.

Good news for enthusiasts.

Any indication on the price front...

Also, please advice on the status of existing line-up.
Ford Ikon will be discontinued by year end
Ford Fiesta will likely take Ikon's place <----- The keyword here is 'likely'
Prices I will be getting you a month before the actual announcement or sooner if my ears catch something.
Old 27th March 2010, 18:23   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

CONS:
Well I appreciate you on providing a fair feedback, I was thinking you will say no cons at all, great vehicle etc. But that one looked honest man. Great work.
Old 27th March 2010, 18:50   #75
BHPian

Well i am a bit disappointed to hear about the steering-steering feedback is very important to make any car a good driver's car!!

@mustang any idea how much power output of the new fiesta will be?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed