Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2011, 10:17   #256
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

I have set aside the dough to buy the 1.6L diesel variant. No more TDs. I would not mind additional company for my Ford twins.

The only car that I could consider besides the new Fiesta would be the new 1.6L diesel version on the Hyundai Verna.

@Mustang, What would be the additional set of goodies in the new Fiesta. Reliable confirmation would make the wait more endurable

Last edited by Sugeeta : 24th February 2011 at 10:22.
Old 24th February 2011, 13:14   #257
BANNED

Answers to everybody's Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good move indeed. Is the 1.6 diesel, the 90/95 bhp motor?
And any info on the goodies offered - leather seats, Keyless entry or start/stop button etc.? Just being curious
The 90 PS TDCi will be available.
Leather seats : Optional/Std. on top variant.
Keyless Entry : Will be available as std. on more than 1 variant.
Start/Stop Button: Will be available as std. on more than 1 variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Will Ford continue to keep the old Fiesta top end (with airbags/ ABS) or will that be stopped?
All I know is that the current gen fiesta will stay and it will be available with airbags and ABS, however the S variant might be discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjal View Post
any launch dates...?
As of now Q3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I was thinking of a 1.6L diesel hatch and was dreaming about, but alas, need to wait. No worthy successor to Fusion. Hope they bring something soon !
The hatch will arrive and that is my guarantee but will it be this year, that seems in doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
Had a query - Any idea if Ford is planning to offer the option of 6 or more airbags and / or ESP in any of the Fiesta variants?

Also, the latest ACI mentions May 11 as the launch period for the Fiesta - you still see that getting pushed to Q3?
6 airbags : Will be available on top variant as std.
ESP: Will also be available on top variant.
Definitely not before Q3. There might be an event to show the car in May but sales will begin in Q3.[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
One more question for Mustang----will the Fiesta sedan have a sunroof like the one released in the US this year?
And were you at Dearborn, US?
The sunroof was being worked out to offer as a std. in the top end variant but i am not sure whether it will be std. or not. But i think it will be std.
Yes I was mostly at Dearborn, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Any idea what would be the status of existing fiesta ? In the sense, all the current versions with existing features will continue or will there be any curtailing ? On the new 1.6 TCDi, any info on BHP/Torque and expected FE ?
The existing fiesta will not be discontinued and will stay. However, The S variant may be discontinued.

1.6 TDCi : 90 PS, 210 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Is there an 'S' version in the pipeline? I guess the hatch has been pushed back to 2012, with the Figo doing well and all the hype currently centered around the sedan launch.
No 'S' Variant for at least a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
I have set aside the dough to buy the 1.6L diesel variant. No more TDs. I would not mind additional company for my Ford twins.
@Mustang, What would be the additional set of goodies in the new Fiesta. Reliable confirmation would make the wait more endurable
But you have to wait till Q3 . Also, I mentioned some of the goodies in the above answers, do check them out.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please DO NOT type in bold. Its equivalent to "Shouting". Next time will attract an infraction. Thanks!!!

Last edited by Stratos : 24th February 2011 at 14:28. Reason: Refrain from posting in "Bold" letters
Old 24th February 2011, 13:36   #258
Team-BHP Support

Re: Answers to everybody's Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The hatch will arrive and that is my guarantee but will it be this year, that seems in doubt.
I hope the hatch also will offer 1.6 Diesel. (My take was it should. As that would differentiate it with respect to Figo).
Old 24th February 2011, 13:57   #259
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mustang.101.

That was really useful info...from the horses mouth ( if I may say so).

If Q3 is for sure, then its not too long a wait. 1.6 TDCi is a great engine option.

I just hope to God, they launch, if not exactly same, but atleast 80% similar, looking car to the US version. Somehow, we have always been getting stripped-down, not-so-attractive versions of international models. Latest victim was Kizashi.
Old 24th February 2011, 13:58   #260
BHPian

Thanks @Mustang.101.

Would auto transmission be available with the 1.6TDCi engine or not?
Old 24th February 2011, 13:59   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Thanks [b]
I just hope to God, they launch, if not exactly same, but atleast 80% similar, looking car to the US version. Somehow, we have always been getting stripped-down, not-so-attractive versions of international models. Latest victim was Kizashi.

You will be getting almost the exact replica of the car that is running in the UK and the US. (front end ie.) As there is no sedan in the UK.

Secret Info - There was a nose job done on the US car but you can't spot it, can you differentiate it from the UK car?

Try it.
Old 24th February 2011, 14:03   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have worked on this actually, Ford will be launching the dual clutch powershift transmission but i don't think it will be there on launch day. A few more weeks after that it would be done.
Will the dual clutch gearbox be offered in the top end diesel or petrol or both. Surely, there will be two separate gearboxes for petrol and diesel. I am seriously considering my next car to be an automatic. The problem is, I am not interested in mediocre 4 speed conventional torque converter/CVT gearboxes. The gearbox technology has moved on since then. Unfortunately, the only ones offered in India are waaaay above my budged. Unless I decide to go for top end 'new' Jetta, I am unlikely to get hold of one. Until now, that is.... Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 24th February 2011 at 14:06.
Old 24th February 2011, 14:09   #263
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Will the dual clutch gearbox be offered in the top end diesel or petrol or both. Surely, there will be two separate gearboxes for petrol and diesel. I am seriously considering my next car to be an automatic.
Can't tell you definitely whether the powershift will be available in the Diesel or not. Even the petrol car won't get it on launch.
Old 24th February 2011, 14:24   #264
Senior - BHPian

I have a question that may be a bit offtopic, but still risk it. if there are 6 airbags can the side airbags be deactivated in case of a child being seated in a car seat? Or perhaps the side airbags are safe for child passengers?
I assume all of the 6 airbags are in the front
If not, the child would have to be seated in the rear centre seat and then the second passenger in the rear would be short of space, which would lie unused at the other side of the child car seat.
Old 24th February 2011, 14:37   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I assume all of the 6 airbags are in the front
With all probability, it will be 2 on the front, 2 on the front sides and 2 on the rear sides.
Old 24th February 2011, 14:47   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
You will be getting almost the exact replica of the car that is running in the UK and the US. (front end ie.) As there is no sedan in the UK.

Secret Info - There was a nose job done on the US car but you can't spot it, can you differentiate it from the UK car?

Try it.
I tried my bit to distinguish and found out that the prominent difference between the US and UK versions was the shape of the fog lamps. The fog lamps on the US version look much better IMO. Unique shape!

Besides that, I think the black grill below the Ford logo on the UK version starts immediately below the Ford logo and looks like a wide-open mouth. Whereas, the grill on the US version starts in line with the fog lamps and is more horizontal in nature. Don't know what else is different.
Old 24th February 2011, 14:56   #267
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I tried my bit to distinguish and found out that the prominent difference between the US and UK versions was the shape of the fog lamps. The fog lamps on the US version look much better IMO. Unique shape!

Besides that, I think the black grill below the Ford logo on the UK version starts immediately below the Ford logo and looks like a wide-open mouth. Whereas, the grill on the US version starts in line with the fog lamps and is more horizontal in nature. Don't know what else is different.
The entire hood has also been tweaked and completely re-engineered for some US norms.
Old 24th February 2011, 15:16   #268
Senior - BHPian

Mustang.101 welcome back. Hope you manage to stick around for a while.

Let's dive right in. Petrol only.

1. Electric Power Steering: How bad is it? Steering feedback?
2. Chassis: Has it been softened up to suit 'indian conditions'? I hope not.
3. Handling: Can it hold the line in corners like the current one?
4. Throttle response: Is it instantaneous like the current one or is there is a Honda like lag due to variable valve timing?
5. Intake and exhaust note: Growl? Purr? Whine?
6. Tires: What size in the top end ?

And what were you doing in Dearborn? Evaluating some MUV for us?
Old 24th February 2011, 15:31   #269
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Mustang.101 welcome back. Hope you manage to stick around for a while.

Let's dive right in. Petrol only.

1. Electric Power Steering: How bad is it? Steering feedback?
2. Chassis: Has it been softened up to suit 'indian conditions'? I hope not.
3. Handling: Can it hold the line in corners like the current one?
4. Throttle response: Is it instantaneous like the current one or is there is a Honda like lag due to variable valve timing?
5. Intake and exhaust note: Growl? Purr? Whine?
6. Tires: What size in the top end ?

And what were you doing in Dearborn? Evaluating some MUV for us?
Comparison between only the current fiesta and the upcoming one. I won't be comparing any other cars.

1. Electric PS : feedback not as good as the current gen and the steering is a light bit lighter than the current gen.
2. Chassis : has been tweaked but this is common for every country the fiesta has been released in, company will not compromise on the driving experience but may compromise on the ride.
3. Handling : Better than the current gen fiesta
4. Throttle response : Similar to the current gen fiesta
5. Intake and exhaust note : Its very similar to the current fiesta but it is softer and has more of a 'purr' note. Check its sound on any of the UK fiesta videos on youtube, its the same.
6. Tires : No info on the tyre size, yet.

I was in Dearborn for some training purposes and also worked on the new explorer.
Old 24th February 2011, 15:54   #270
BHPian

Thanks for the info mustang. How is the interior space compared to the current fiesta? I own a diesel fiesta and its pretty cramped for my family (all the gents in my family are above 6 feet). If the handling is better than the current fiesta and the interior space is acceptable, I will say RIP to my "other brand" car purchase that I was planning in June.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks