Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 23:11   #301
PPS
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

^^ He also said that steering mounted controls & airbags will be standard ! Also it wont have beige interiors, but it will be black/grey . I can't seem to remember what more he said on the show.
Old 27th February 2011, 00:54   #302
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Hi folks, I spotted the Fiesta Classic (repositioned existing model) testing today in Chennai-Trichy Highway.

Since I was driving when I took these photos, I could only manage only these two blurred shots. The "Classic" sticker was available just below the Fiesta badge.

As expected, it was a stripped down variant with black door handles, mirrors, rear number plate garnish etc. The slot for the front foglamps too were empty. I managed to peep into the interiors and there was no visible cost cutting though there will surely be some feature-cutting to reduce it's prices.

But, one thing has to be said. The Fiesta Classic with its still-fresh 'Kinetic Design' elements looked really classy from the front but the rear looks a little dated. All I would say is its going to be more than a worthy match and successor to the Ikon, if priced in the same range.

MODS: I have posted the Fiesta Classic shots in the New Fiesta thread. If its not appropriate, please move it to a new thread.
@arvi... You have an eagle's eye. Well done. From the looks of it, looks like the EXi will be rebadged as Fiesta Classic. Still it will be an interesting buy. The 1.4 TDCi motor simply rocks!!!
Old 27th February 2011, 07:46   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
@arvi... You have an eagle's eye. Well done. From the looks of it, looks like the EXi will be rebadged as Fiesta Classic. Still it will be an interesting buy. The 1.4 TDCi motor simply rocks!!!
Thanks, all credit to Team-BHP. Yes, it seemed to be the EXI Variant of the existing Fiesta, and the car I saw was the Duratec petrol version. I think, with these brilliant engines, nice sorted out chassis and classy looks, this car is going to rock if priced around 5.5 to 6.5 Lacs. Anything less would affect Figo and anything more could affect New Fiesta.
Old 27th February 2011, 07:55   #304
Senior - BHPian

Is it a cosmetic revamp or a complete overhaul? If it is a complete makeover, I hope they has resoved the problems with space. It gets really cramped if a child car seat is used. any update/ scoop on this mustang bhaiyya?
Old 27th February 2011, 11:05   #305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Thanks, all credit to Team-BHP. Yes, it seemed to be the EXI Variant of the existing Fiesta, and the car I saw was the Duratec petrol version. I think, with these brilliant engines, nice sorted out chassis and classy looks, this car is going to rock if priced around 5.5 to 6.5 Lacs. Anything less would affect Figo and anything more could affect New Fiesta.
I think price band would be continuous with highest end classic just a bit overlaying over new Fiesta basic. Or its also possible, that Ford may remove some higher end features out of classic.
Old 27th February 2011, 12:08   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think price band would be continuous with highest end classic just a bit overlaying over new Fiesta basic. Or its also possible, that Ford may remove some higher end features out of classic.
Was looking at the website and found the prices of current fiesta starts at 7.37L ex showroom. Now how much can they bring down from here? To Dzire ranges? And if so, what all would they get rid of? Even I feel that the highend classic will have an overlap with the basic of new fiesta.
Old 27th February 2011, 12:12   #307
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Was looking at the website and found the prices of current fiesta starts at 7.37L ex showroom. Now how much can they bring down from here? To Dzire ranges? And if so, what all would they get rid of? Even I feel that the highend classic will have an overlap with the basic of new fiesta.

Current Fiesta starts at INR 646,630 Ex-showroom Delhi.
Old 27th February 2011, 12:48   #308
BHPian

NDTV Preview Ford Fiesta
  • Mid 2011 launch
  • Sedan first, Hatch later
  • No stripped down or base variant ( lowest end will have dual airbags and steering controls )
  • Cloth/Leather interior trim ( no beige )
  • New Duratec petrol and updated Duratorq diesel
  • Petrol automatic in late 2011
  • 15 inch alloys and enhanced 15mm of GC
  • Wheelbase 2489mm
AutocarIndia - New Fiesta in Mid 2011
Old 27th February 2011, 13:08   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Current Fiesta starts at INR 646,630 Ex-showroom Delhi.
Should have been explicit - I was talking about the Fiesta D. I somehow dont bother much to think about Petrol engines now a days - Fiesta 1.6S, yes !

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
NDTV Preview Ford Fiesta
  • Mid 2011 launch
  • Sedan first, Hatch later
  • No stripped down or base variant ( lowest end will have dual airbags and steering controls )
  • Cloth/Leather interior trim ( no beige )
  • New Duratec petrol and updated Duratorq diesel
  • Petrol automatic in late 2011
  • 15 inch alloys and enhanced 15mm of GC
  • Wheelbase 2489mm
AutocarIndia - New Fiesta in Mid 2011
Does that mean there will be only one variant? And if its fully loaded, where are they gonna price it? 10L ex showroom? And considering that hatch is coming in later, they will keep the price slot of current Fiesta open I guess. This will help in 2 ways - First they will price the sedan a bit higher - 10 / 11L ex showroom and probably build the brand value there and will bring in the hatch and place it like 8 L ex. showroom or so !
Old 27th February 2011, 13:10   #310
BHPian

Just luv the Hatch version of '11 Fiesta that is selling in US.
Old 27th February 2011, 14:24   #311
BHPian

Absolutely loathe/abhor the rear end of the fiesta sedan. Heck even the Verna's rear end looks better than this. Wonder why Ford could not do something like what Fiat had done with Punto-/Linea. Cant at all digest the rear end of the sedan. And at the other end, the hatch looks absolutely awesome from all angles. Do we really need the boot so much that manufacturers turn something so exciting into a hideous contraption?
Old 27th February 2011, 14:44   #312
BANNED

Here's your Autocar story confirming what i told you earlier. I don't know why Siddharth on CNB said that the fiesta will come with the same 1.4 TDCi.

This is more or less the exact story. Read on.

Quote:
The new Fiesta will get a more powerful 1.6-litre petrol motor producing 120bhp. The diesel gets 90bhp of max power from its 1.6-litre motor, up from the current 1.4’s 68bhp and it will have a very useful 20.7kgm of torque, giving it a very petrol-like feel.
With its fresh sharp looks, better interiors and perfect combination of Japanese and European engineering, the new Fiesta could take the game a step ahead for Ford. The new Fiesta is expected to make its official Indian appearance by May 2011 carrying an estimated price tag starting from Rs 7lakh, rising up to Rs 9lakh.
Old 27th February 2011, 15:51   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Here's your Autocar story confirming what i told you earlier. I don't know why Siddharth on CNB said that the fiesta will come with the same 1.4 TDCi.

This is more or less the exact story. Read on.
hello mustang! does ford india have any export plans for the new fiesta?
Old 27th February 2011, 15:52   #314
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_head View Post
hello mustang! does ford india have any export plans for the new fiesta?
I have no idea about this. Everyone is concentrating on the India launch and exports are only afterthoughts.

Why are you asking?
Old 27th February 2011, 16:11   #315
BHPian

Hey Mustang - Good to have you back !

I hear you agree that the new fiesta could be in 7-9 lakhs (ex-showroom) range !

Whoa ... a 1.6 petrol in 7-8 range and a 1.6 TDCI in the range of 8-9 lakhs, along with all the exterior looks and interior goodies ... could be KILLER pricing ! That would be cheaper than the Vento and the ANHC for comparable petrol/ diesel trims. You think thats possible?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed