Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 14:13   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
The Fiesta hatch looks quite sporty.
The sedan somehow doesn't seem to have the boot gelled in well.

OT - The current fiesta will be one heck of a deal, when priced close to the outgoing ikon.

Hatch looks really smashing, specially in that Red color. I guess if Ford price it correctly it will be sure shot hit as Figo. It will kill market of Jazz, Fabia, Polo & i20. Looking for launch now
Old 7th March 2011, 14:23   #377
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if this is just me or everyone does feel this way.
I have a feeling the Fiesta sedan and the Verna just look like a mirror image, including the new Sonata. Why are the cars lookin the same.
I remember even the new Honda Civic had a scoop looking just like this, how come all the car makers are thinking of a same type of design at one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Looking at the rear door, I don't think the windows can roll down fully, neither in the hatch nor the notch, just like the Figo! If so, this will be the only sedan with this handicap.
Nope I differ here. See how I calculate is the size of the rear glass would fit in the space between the wheel arch and the place were the glass ends. If you notice this area is bigger compared to what Figo has.
Thus it will surely roll down.

Mustang you must be the right person to answer this question.
Old 7th March 2011, 14:35   #378
BHPian

The incline in the boot of the sedan version reminds me of the inclined rear shelf of my Ikon. It was inconvenient while reversing the car (don't know good or bad, I came to rely completely on the mirrors while reversing).

In case of the new Fiesta the incline seems to be steeper still.

If I had to make a decision based solely on the shape of a car, I would choose the VW Vento. There are other factors which tilted the balance towards Fiesta.
Old 7th March 2011, 15:20   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
some pics. looks will surely divide opinion.
On which 'division' is your opinion. BTW, which one will you pick out of new Verna and new Fiesta, in terms of looks?

I have a feeling that Vento and ANHC may still look the most proportionate and classy even when these two sedans come out. I guess we'll have to wait a while.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:00   #380
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The elevated boot of the sedan is going to be something to worry about since it is on the same lines as the Dzire and SX4.
@Mustang -
Can you confirm if there's going to be an S variant of the sedan/hatch.
1. The elevated boot in the sedan will not cause problems unless you unnecessarily try to squeeze the new fiesta into a place whose length is only good enough for a hatch. I rarely try to squeeze into such places while parking even with my old fiesta as with my old fiesta also you can't see the rear of the car in the CRVM unless you have a spoiler.

2. The 'S' version will come but probably not during the launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am not sure if this is just me or everyone does feel this way.
I have a feeling the Fiesta sedan and the Verna just look like a mirror image, including the new Sonata. Why are the cars lookin the same.
I remember even the new Honda Civic had a scoop looking just like this, how come all the car makers are thinking of a same type of design at one time.

Nope I differ here. See how I calculate is the size of the rear glass would fit in the space between the wheel arch and the place were the glass ends. If you notice this area is bigger compared to what Figo has.
Thus it will surely roll down.

Mustang you must be the right person to answer this question.
1. Yes the windows go down fully.
2. The Verna, The new Fiesta and the Civic all have different design strategy. In fact none of them resemble each other.

We are following the Kinetic design with Sharp edges, sharp cuts and edgy linear lines. You can see that the front grille is almost missing too. Wait till you see the car in person ie. the sedan, Everybody's "boot gelling not well" problem would also be solved automatically. In the pics, the rear 3/4th give an impression that the boot was not properly integrated but you have to see it in person.

The Civic has a very contemporary and aggressive style and one difference you can see right away is the ratio of the bonnet length to the boot length in all three cars. Honda is following a design strategy in the city and the civic where the ratio of length of the bonnet to the length of the boot when measured from the C- pillar end is almost equal to 1:1.

Refreshed Verna has a styling quotient which is very similar to the older Verna. So hyundai have also followed their own design strategy.

The lines on the bonnet are also different in all 3 cars. Lights (both F&R) are completely different in all 3 cars.

BTW : we did a survey to check how the public responds to the new look of the fiesta vis-a-vis the fiesta classic. And around 98% people found the new fiesta better looking than the fiesta classic.

We surveyed around 200 people in various metropolis Cities in India and people who were surveyed did not own a fiesta. <--- This was a requirement.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 7th March 2011 at 16:04.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:10   #381
Senior - BHPian

Thanks or the details Mustang. I have another question, perhaps here - are there any plans of launching the Ecosport or similar mid range SUV in India?
Old 7th March 2011, 16:18   #382
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang--I do agree the car looks hot, but I was wondering why they narrowed the grill to look like the Figo or the new Ikon. The one that is getting released in the US has a broader grill, as in the pics I had posted last month.

Despite each manufacturer having his own design philosophy, I too among those who feel that the new Fiesta, Verna and Sonata seem to look similar in design---both on the exterior and also on the waterfall design on the dashborad.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:18   #383
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Thanks or the details Mustang. I have another question, perhaps here - are there any plans of launching the Ecosport or similar mid range SUV in India?
Not the Ecosport, that's for sure. We are working hard to launch our in India but it will take time, a few years.

Plans are to launch:

1. MPV
2. Mini SUV
3. SUV
4. D segment sedan
5. Luxury Sedan

Right now don't ask names as I myself don't know them, Platforms are being evaluated and people are working to see what can be brought to India and at the earliest.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:24   #384
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@Mustang--I do agree the car looks hot, but I was wondering why they narrowed the grill to look like the Figo or the new Ikon. The one that is getting released in the US has a broader grill, as in the pics I had posted last month.

The grill is extinct to get that kinetic design to look like the hood has completely gelled with the bumper.

Well you are right, the US one has a grille. But that's only in the US. This is because of the US pedestrian safety norms. People at ford worked hard for two years to completely redesign the front portion of the US fiesta so that it completely resembles the fiesta throughout the globe, But one thing they could not get is the grille-less design and hence a grille was installed.

And regarding the design strategy and looks, everyone has the right to judge and it is a very subjective matter .

No other country has a Fiesta with a grille.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 7th March 2011 at 16:25.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:27   #385
BHPian

@Mustang: Thanks for all the information that your are providing.
I hope that in your eagerness to provide complete information about the new launches, you are not divulging confidential/sensitive company secrets or strategies that would inadvertently benefit your competitors!

I sincerely would not wish you (or your company and product, of course) to get into any sort of trouble for revealing all this no-holds-barred info.
Old 7th March 2011, 19:23   #386
Senior - BHPian

The grille fits in nicely on the Fiesta. The sedan is best viewed from front-on, whereas the rear end looks tacky, almost like a chinese design rip-off.

The hatch on the other hand looks smashing from every angle. Also, the alloys on the Fiesta featured in the TopGear video posted by Mustang looks sensational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Plans are to launch:
1. MPV
2. Mini SUV
3. SUV
4. D segment sedan
5. Luxury Sedan
If Ford India were to launch the Focus in future, then expect a very competitive price for the Fiesta sedan to avoid overlapping.
Old 7th March 2011, 19:31   #387
Senior - BHPian

If you can pass the word on, a Mini SUV would be ideal for the market. There are quite a few of us here who end up buying a sedan or a full fledged MUV just because a mini SUV isnt available.
Old 7th March 2011, 19:33   #388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Plans are to launch:
1. MPV
2. Mini SUV
3. SUV
4. D segment sedan
5. Luxury Sedan
Does Focus fits into the plan mentioned above?

Quote:
And regarding the design strategy and looks, everyone has the right to judge and it is a very subjective matter .
Good point.
Personally, I am a big fan of Ford's new Kinetic design philosophy. Infact, the new Fiesta gave me the same feeling I got when I first saw the Ikon in the late 90s.

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th March 2011 at 19:36. Reason: Additional quote added
Old 7th March 2011, 19:53   #389
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Does Focus fits into the plan mentioned above?
I think it does, its a global platform so i guess yes.
Old 7th March 2011, 20:02   #390
Senior - BHPian

I just happened to catch up the NDTV CNB show where the host Siddarth patankar was reviewing the Fiesta but the one lauched in Europe. He claimed that Ford is going to launch the Sedan in India by the end of May, early June but one of the post in the thread said July'11. Probably much before the new Verna gets launched in the hope of catching some early birds.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed