Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 14:32   #556
Team-BHP Support

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I agree 100% with you, Almost all of our workshops are now handling about double the no. of cars they should, because of the numerous figos added. Thus fights are common at workshops because owners bring their car w/o booking and then these cars can not be accommodated because of the already present rush of cars.
I remember that good old day when I took the delivery of my Ford Ikon from this old house in Thrissur (which was Ford Sales and Service office then). But when I was there in the new premises last year, it was packed with Figos and kind of chaotic situation. The staff were managing it pretty well though

Looking forward to April 14th!

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th April 2011 at 14:33. Reason: grammar
Old 6th April 2011, 14:47   #557
BHPian

2 happy events on the same day. Also happens to be my elder son's birthday.

Delhi might be getting another Ford dealership very soon.

Ms. Temptation is all around me, all over again. Don't know if I will be successful in getting rid of her. Lets wait and watch.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 6th April 2011 at 15:00.
Old 6th April 2011, 15:45   #558
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Mustang,

Any ballpark price figures you can share for new fiesta versions?
No but i assume ex showroom prices in Delhi should start anywhere between 7-7.5 Lacs.
Old 6th April 2011, 15:48   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

T-Jet is Turbo engine. Fiesta is a regular one. No point comparing different technologies.
we are not comparing technologies, we will compare t-jet's 115 bhp vs new fiesta 120 bhp, and both are known for driver's car.
Old 6th April 2011, 15:49   #560
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
we are not comparing technologies, comparision between t-jet's 115 bhp vs new fiesta 120 bhp. And both are driver's car.
Fiesta 0-100 kmph ~= 9.9 seconds
Old 6th April 2011, 16:09   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Fiesta 0-100 kmph ~= 9.9 seconds
This makes new fiesta fastest sedan in its class. I guess Fiesta will be the first sedan in its class to break 0 - 100 under 10 secs barrier.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 6th April 2011 at 16:11.
Old 6th April 2011, 16:30   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This makes new fiesta fastest sedan in its class. I guess Fiesta will be the first sedan in its class to break 0 - 100 under 10 secs barrier.
Indeed it will. All that is left now is for VW to bring its famed 1.2 TSi for Vento. I think with a slew of new launches, the Vento petrol will lose its charm over a period of time. Interestingly, in not so distant past, ANHC used to be only sedan with a hi-tec engine.

Now with this (and Verna to a lesser extent), almost every car will have hi-tec petrol egine.

1. Linea:- T-Jet (turbocharged)
2. Fiesta:- VCT (Variable valve tec)
3. Verna:- VTVT (dual VVT, I am not sure how strong are the Korean horses though)

The Vento is the only one left with old world petrol engine.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:15   #563
Senior - BHPian

If priced right and looks better than what it looks like in pictures - it just might be time to dump the Civic
Old 6th April 2011, 17:16   #564
BHPian

I do have a feeling that New Fiesta is going to be a better overall product than the current lot of sedans and New Verna.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:24   #565
BHPian

awww....this is giving me goose bumps. The sales fellow from Ford dealership, who I ultimately sort of befriended, who sold me my Fiesta last April is tempting me. He says, "do you want me to find a buyer for your car before new Fiesta gets launched? you should get the new one now".

The preposition is tempting, but it would still be a sizeable dent on my already shrinking pockets... naah I should refrain
Old 6th April 2011, 17:45   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VFM is what you will get this time also.
VFM seems to be the mantra at Ford India after the Figo's success. Looking forward to the launch of the VFM Josh Machine Version 3.0!
Old 6th April 2011, 17:52   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
I do have a feeling that New Fiesta is going to be a better overall product than the current lot of sedans and New Verna.
Though I agree with you completely on your point, I also have a feeling that the New Verna will become more successful and sell in higher numbers than the New Fiesta. It happend with the Ikon-Accent battle and the Fiesta-Verna battle too and most likely, it would happen in this New Fiesta-New Verna battle too.

I think both the Ikon and Fiesta were better cars compared to the Accent and Verna, but sales figures would suggest the opposite. That's India for you! So, I am still keeping my fingers crossed on both these models.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:55   #568
BHPian

What would determine the new Fiesta's success/failure will be

1) Price
2) Interior Space
3) Features
4) Engine

in that order.

The new Fiesta will have to offer good interior space to be successful as its competition is good in that department.
Old 6th April 2011, 18:16   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I think both the Ikon and Fiesta were better cars compared to the Accent and Verna, but sales figures would suggest the opposite. That's India for you! So, I am still keeping my fingers crossed on both these models.
I agree. Most car buyers in India will go by word of mouth rather than check the finer details themselves. We also give our "perceptions" more credit than what they deserve.

Many makes of cars are perceived to be high on maintenance and fuel consumption. Going back a few years, the initial versions by Ford Motors were indeed expensive to maintain and were fuel guzzlers. The perceptions are carried forward till date.

On the other hand, Hyundai came to India with the small car, easy to maintain car perception, which continues till date. This probably carried over to other models launched by Hyundai as well. Other attributes like more powerful customer approach, aggressive marketing and wide dealership network also helped.

Way back in April 1994, 3 Korean companies showcased their vehicles at the Korean Embassy at Chanakyapuri. All the vehicles showcased were "C+" and "D" segment sedans. Some market research later, they realised that these bigger cars will not sell in India. What India needs is affordable stuff in small packages with good inexpensive maintenance. 2 of the companies decided to enter India in the affordable car segment. Daewoo joined hands with DCM. Hyundai chose to risk the ride solo. the 3rd company being promoted by the Samsung group never entered India. The rest as they say is history. Even Hyundai was pleasantly surprised at their unexpected success in India.

On the other hand, Ford came to India in the C segment sedan slot without doing their homework. Less localisation meant higher costs. Not knowing what the Indian customer wanted only made them more unpopular as they unsuccessfully tried to peddle the fuel guzzlers in India. They rolled on till Fiesta came and started to change perceptions. With Figo, Ford has done their homework very well; hitting the bulls eye! With the new Fiesta, they already have established the perception of VFM Quality. What they need to work upon is Service, Service and Service.

I may be wrong, but I personally feel the Ford cars offer much more fun to drive factor compared to Hyundai cars. Also, today's young Indian is willing to try new dishes on the platter, even if it means experimenting against the perceptions.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 6th April 2011 at 18:31.
Old 6th April 2011, 19:07   #570
Senior - BHPian

Waiting eagerly for the official report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Can we expect comaprision report, New Fiesta vs T-Jet ?
Edit-
Fiesta vs T-Jet vs ANHC in petrol.
Fiesta vs Verna vs Vento in diesel.
Please!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed