Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 11:19   #586
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I dont quite agree to your point here cos of two reasons: .
1. For Ikon Vs Accent: Agree both were running at equal pace for a long time Ikon was leading in the beginning, but Ford was reluctant to get any mods dont to Ikon, unlike Accent which had new variants like every quarters
2. Fiesta Vs Verna:
In this case, Fiesta was already a 3 yr old model by the time Verna was lauched, and even then Fiesta maintained dominance till a year.
After which Verna started taking the lead, even now the lead was not that higer till few months back. Fiesta was on top for most of the time.
Like Hyundai, Ford too launched a fair share of versions for the Ikon. And I am sure that Fiesta was hardly a year old when the Verna was launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I'm very sure that the Fiesta wasn't launched 3 years ahead of the Verna!!! Fiesta came out in Dec 2005 and Verna during Sep 2006. I'm very very sure about this.
I think you are right with respect to the launch months.
Old 7th April 2011, 11:32   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
2. Fiesta Vs Verna:
In this case, Fiesta was already a 3 yr old model by the time Verna was lauched, and even then Fiesta maintained dominance till a year.
After which Verna started taking the lead, even now the lead was not that higer till few months back. Fiesta was on top for most of the time.
Right. Also, Verna taking the lead can be attributed to the fact that for the last one year or so, rumors of the new Fiesta launch were getting stronger each passing day. People were eagerly awaiting the launch of the new Fiesta, which may have resulted in the sales for the current Fiesta dipping considerably.

As far as dependability is concerned, I have taken the Fiesta as well as Ikon to the deserts as well as the hills with no problems whatsoever.

Diesel Fiesta has logged over 75K Kms. - some of the replacements have been on my insistence prior to long drives. External maintenance is again on account of scratches which even a parked car in Delhi is subjected to. Last year during a very heavy rainy day, some Commonwealth Games Hoardings stacked on the road landed on the bonnet and right side of the car. I expected a completely ruined car. But when I got out, I was very surprised to see that there was only external damage to the right front and side part. It was up and about in 5 days, running well. Thanks to Jasbir at the body shop.

I had purchased the Fiesta purely for savings on Fuel bills. The wonderful handling and dynamics came as an extra.

Petrol 1.6 Ikon has logged 57K Kms. - Started getting step-motherly treatment once Fiesta arrived. However, the drive from Delhi to Rohtang is still etched in my mind. We had only 3 very short breaks for fuel, meals / tea and using the restrooms en route. The car's rating was "Exceeds Expectations". A January 2003 model, it is still running on stock tyres. Under the bonnet only the oil seal has been replaced once on account of leakage. I am seriously contemplating restoring the car, but my hunt for 'the' good garage is still on.

A neighbour's March 2003 Ikon has logged nearly 200K Kms. and is still going strong.

As an ex-employee of Hyundai Corp., I would proudly say that our Santro and i10 are good, dependable cars for town running. But shift the gears from 3rd to 4th and 5th, you will feel the car starts labouring for producing enough power. If the AC is on, there is even a more pronounced dip in the power.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 7th April 2011 at 11:56.
Old 7th April 2011, 12:06   #588
BHPian

Sorry the connection timed out during the last post; as far as the Verna (Diesel) is concerned, a good car, no doubt, but it tends to wobble too much. The extra power it produces seems to be lacking proper utilisation. I also found the car to be less responsive than the Diesel Fiesta.

Purely my observations. No intention of offending any particular make.
Old 7th April 2011, 12:12   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Sorry the connection timed out during the last post; as far as the Verna (Diesel) is concerned, a good car, no doubt, but it tends to wobble too much. The extra power it produces seems to be lacking proper utilisation.
As a Verna diesel owner, I attest to that. I am uncomfortable taking it at speeds higher than 120 kmph on highway because it wobbles, despite wheel balancing and alignments done just prior. So often times I think - what's the point of this power if it is unusable?

Cheers,
Old 7th April 2011, 12:18   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
As a Verna diesel owner, I attest to that. I am uncomfortable taking it at speeds higher than 120 kmph on highway because it wobbles, despite wheel balancing and alignments done just prior. So often times I think - what's the point of this power if it is unusable?

Cheers,
Thanks diffsoft for the honest confession. I would request all the existing Fiesta owners to come up with their likes & dislikes in their present car & what they would like in the Fiesta 2011. So when the car is launched & we have the test drive report from GTO, we would be able to immediately make if the new car ticks the right boxes. This would immensely help prospective buyers like me to reach at a conclusion quickly.
Old 7th April 2011, 12:57   #591
BHPian

Quote:
A January 2003 model, it is still running on stock tyres. Under the bonnet only the oil seal has been replaced once on account of leakage. I am seriously contemplating restoring the car, but my hunt for 'the' good garage is still on.
Would like to add that there was an issue with the AC diverter valve of the Ikon which resulted in heating of the car within minutes of the AC being turned on and fumes started coming out of the bonnet. It was rectified last year, but I am not very happy with the results. Could not observe the problem in winters. But now, in summers, will get the opportunity to check how well this works.
Old 7th April 2011, 13:04   #592
BANNED

News - Fiesta Classic starting @ 5.49 Ex Showroom Delhi

Source - Indian Autos Blog | Indian Automobile Blog | Auto News India | Car News India

Happy Motoring !!
Old 7th April 2011, 13:19   #593
BHPian

My car lease agent calls up and tell me that the Ford Dealerships will start accepting enquiries after the press release on 14th April. Deliveries will start from mid June (??)

He wants to know if he can send a guy to collect the cheque for booking amount on 15th April? Mr. R. S. S., is it not a bit too early for that?

The company has yet to issue a statement on the bookings & deliveries etc.
Old 7th April 2011, 13:34   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
News - Fiesta Classic starting @ 5.49 Ex Showroom Delhi

Source - Indian Autos Blog | Indian Automobile Blog | Auto News India | Car News India

Happy Motoring !!
What will be the impact of Fiesta Classic on the second hand market for Fiestas? How much will people who bought last month paying 8.5L for a diesel ZXI get after a year?
Old 7th April 2011, 13:35   #595
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I have a Ford Fusion TDCi (the same engine as the diesel Fiesta and now the Figo).

The car has clocked 1,11,000 kms as of today in 42 months of ownership. Touch wood, no attention was needed to the heart except for preventive change of drive and T belt. The drive shaft bearings and front wheel bearings had to be changed at 60 K kms. But other than that, it is just go anywhere.
Old 7th April 2011, 14:25   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What will be the impact of Fiesta Classic on the second hand market for Fiestas? How much will people who bought last month paying 8.5L for a diesel ZXI get after a year?
They will tank like anything. The price of the second hand car does not depend on what the current price but on what is the market demand for it.

I can surely see a lot of Fiestas (1.6P say 3 yrs old)being sold for as low as 2.5-lacs.
Old 7th April 2011, 15:48   #597
Senior - BHPian

^ off topic, but @abhi: I haven't come across any (less than 3 years) 1.6 P S or SXi for even 5 lacs in Pune.
I am seriously looking for a pre-owned 1.6 P SXi.

Last edited by S_U_N : 7th April 2011 at 15:50.
Old 7th April 2011, 16:01   #598
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
Mustang - Is 14th April confirmed as the showcase date of the Fiesta ? Some other portals mention that its uncertain whether the date is for the launch of the new Fiesta or the Figo 1.6.

Also, when you say that it will not launch immediately, could you indicate by when do you see it reaching the showrooms? Will they disclose variants, features and prices or do you see that also happening later ? And if later, how much later?

Folks - ACI and all the other magazines have highly recommended the Fiestas ride and handling. First drive reports are out all over
The showcase is on APril 14, deliveries won't start before May end or June 1st week as i told you guys earlier.

Test drives will start 2-3 weeks before the above mentioned dates.

Quote:
My car lease agent calls up and tell me that the Ford Dealerships will start accepting enquiries after the press release on 14th April. Deliveries will start from mid June (??)

He wants to know if he can send a guy to collect the cheque for booking amount on 15th April? Mr. R. S. S., is it not a bit too early for that?

The company has yet to issue a statement on the bookings & deliveries etc.
Read above comment, do not book until official info is disclosed by the company.
Old 7th April 2011, 16:06   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^ off topic, but @abhi: I haven't come across any (less than 3 years) 1.6 P S or SXi for even 5 lacs in Pune.
I am seriously looking for a pre-owned 1.6 P SXi.
True , but you may get the base model 1.6P for as low as 3 lacs in Delhi for sure. I mean if one can get a new one in 5.8 lacs on road, one can surely get a old one for this price. Besides, Fords tank in resale quickly (Unlike CIVIC or City)
Old 7th April 2011, 17:07   #600
BHPian

According to Goa on wheels, the new Fiesta will be getting launched on 14th April.
LINK http://http://motoroids.com/slider/ford-to-launch-the-new-fiesta-on-april-14th-2011.html
Quote:
Ok, so after having duly rebadged the current Fiesta as the ‘Classic’, what is the next link in the progression for Ford India? It would only require a little more than an ape’s mind to know that the new Fiesta is coming, sooner than we think. The company named Ford has already asked us to keep ourselves free from any other appointments as an ‘important’ event is going to take place on the 14th. No matter how hard we think, we cannot imagine anything else happening on the specified date except the new Fiesta launch. Figo 1.6 is another possibility, but I would still count it out.
The new Fiesta has won many accolades internationally for its great design, features and fun-to-drive nature. The car, when it arrives in India will be powered by a 1.6 Liter VVT petrol unit, producing 120PS or thereabout, and a 1.6 TDCI Duratorq diesel with 90 Bhp. Both engines will initially be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission, and will later be joned by auto transmissions.
Ford India wants to market the Fiesta aggressively. They have realized what wonders correct pricing can do to their products’ sales with the Figo. We are more than sure they would try to match or undercut rivals like the SX4 diesel with the new car, and make a strong VFM statement.
Ford India is not compromising on safety, and features like ABS and air bags will be standard on even the base variant. Prices are expected to start at Rs. 7.2 lakh for the petrol base variant, going all the way up to 9 lakh plus for the top end diesel. Stay tuned for the live coverage of the launch event.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed