Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2011, 12:03   #616
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Reminds me of my all time favorite game - NFS
NFF would do well as a name for the 2011 Fiesta. Would get the adrenalin pumping just through the name :P Specially since its claimed to be a sub 10 second car to 100.
Which Fiesta version do you think is sub 10 second to 100 the petrol or diesel? Verna 1.6 CRDi might be less than 10 seconds to 100 with the 126 bhp under the hood.
Old 8th April 2011, 12:31   #617
BHPian

My vote is for

FFC - Classic Version
NFS - New Sedan
Old 8th April 2011, 15:42   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Fiesta 0-100 kmph ~= 9.9 seconds
Dont have the info on which version. Mustang had posted the info. Hes our insider at the moment
Old 8th April 2011, 17:43   #619
BANNED

Unveiling confirmed on the 14th of April -

New Ford Fiesta sedan unveiling on April 14 | Indian Autos blog

Reasons to Cheer !!
Old 8th April 2011, 18:36   #620
Senior - BHPian

1) The launch of Ford Fiesta classic is a bold move to make space for the new Fiesta. This surely indicates that the new Fiesta wont be priced that high. With new Verna coming, Fiesta has a timely arrival, and classic does move towards the high VFM zone. Good smart move by Ford. The space made available indicates that Ford wont be as foolish as Honda ( Honda was foolish to price City that high ).

2) A lot will obviously depend on pricing. After creating space, what Ford needs to ensure is that the car has a diesel on offer targetting Honda City. City has already taken a lot of blows from Vento and SX4 ( mainly ). I will not hesitate from including Etios also. Toyota name is even stronger than Honda IMO which can bring in numbers. Lack of good diesel in the range can hit hard, as Honda is learning the hard way round.

ACI had mentioned that the new Fiesta has handling better than Linea which can be a game changer. Good dynamics + reasonable power = winner.

But I think ford should have created a bit more options with the new Fiesta. I know that the car is not launched, but how about this :

1.4 Fiesta Petrol Classic
1.4 Fiesta Diesel Classic
1.6 New Fiesta petrol 100bhp
1.6 New Fiesta petrol 115 bhp ( with variable valve timing )
1.6 New Fiesta diesel.

Offering the classic in 1.4 will be good enough as it would be acceptable performer. 1.6 units in 100 and 115 bhp are mainly the same, only difference being the variable valve timing.

However this is just my thought. With this setup, Classic fights out with Etios, Swift Dzire and Manza with a 1.4 mills in petrol and diesel format. 1.6 petrol in two versions can cater to a broader segment as :
a) The latest car can be bought @ cheaper rater as compared to 1.6 vvt.
b) The margins can be higher for new Fiesta ( as hopefully more people will prefer latest car against classic model ).
Old 8th April 2011, 19:01   #621
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1.4 Fiesta Petrol Classic
1.4 Fiesta Diesel Classic
1.6 New Fiesta petrol 100bhp
1.6 New Fiesta petrol 115 bhp ( with variable valve timing )
1.6 New Fiesta diesel.

Offering the classic in 1.4 will be good enough as it would be acceptable performer. 1.6 units in 100 and 115 bhp are mainly the same, only difference being the variable valve timing.
There is no 1.4 Fiesta Classic Petrol. It is being offered only with a 1.6 L motor. Ford has gone wrong with their pricing strategy for the Classic. There is a big difference between the CLXi and SXi versions (almost 1.5 Lakh difference)
Old 9th April 2011, 02:37   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Right now, Only the sedan, the hatch is being evaluated. New Ford India site is up, based on the US ford site, it looks really neat. Check it out, Now!
Mustang, can you elaborate on "being evaluated"? I am just curious as to what the factors considered are when launching such a car in such a market. i.e. the hatch and sedan are from the same generation; they must share most of the parts; the figo which is a hatch is a runaway success in India. Why the delay in launching this car as well?

I am currently in the UK and only the hatch is sold here. It is one sweet looking car. I personally like cars without "dikkies" as boots are called in south India. Just biding my time and saving up to get a fiesta hatch when I'm back in India. Hope ford launches it at least in 2012 Q1.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:09   #623
BANNED

Even i like cars w/o boots but the thing is that wherever the new fiesta hatch and sedan have been launched, the hatch is more expensive than the sedan (same variants) as the hatch is more expensive to build.

Now the thing is that if we still launch the hatch, which will be more expensive than the sedan in India, The Indian market would not react very well to it and thus sales of the sedan will be much much more than the hatch. So the company is evaluating if there is a possibility to launch the hatch at a price lower than the sedan version.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:33   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the hatch is more expensive than the sedan (same variants) as the hatch is more expensive to build.
Wow!! I never knew that hatches are more expenseive to build!!
Why is that so? I always thought that a sedan would be more expensive because of it's extra need for metal for the boot.
Which is costlier, designing a hatch or a sedan?
One question mustang: Hope the rear seats in NFS would be foldable or atleast 60:40 adjustable?
I have not gone through all the last pages of discussion, so kindly excuse if discussed already.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:36   #625
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Which is costlier, designing a hatch or a sedan?
One question mustang: Hope the rear seats in NFS would be foldable or atleast 60:40 adjustable?
I have not gone through all the last pages of discussion, so kindly excuse if discussed already.

Hatch is more expensive to build. Also the hatch has more roof area than the sedan. Hatch is also more difficult to design.

Seats fold back but do not fold flat.

By the way, i do not know if you guys noticed or not, the new fiesta sedan tail lamps are almost similar to the mondeo that is sold around the world, check ford UK website.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 9th April 2011 at 10:40.
Old 9th April 2011, 11:43   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now the thing is that if we still launch the hatch, which will be more expensive than the sedan in India, The Indian market would not react very well to it and thus sales of the sedan will be much much more than the hatch. So the company is evaluating if there is a possibility to launch the hatch at a price lower than the sedan version.
If the sedan clicks, then it would give Ford the scale that it needs to bring the hatch as there would be a lot of shared parts between them. It would be a shame if the hatch does not make it, (even if it is priced close to but not more than the sedan) The Fiesta hatch has the looks, the go and the attitude. I vote hatch over sedan.
Old 9th April 2011, 23:38   #627
Senior - BHPian

Pricing the hatch more than the sedan would spell disaster for Ford in India, cost of manufacture notwithstanding. We are tuned to saloons being pricier than hatchbacks, and this would be a radical departure from this tradition.

I do wish they bring the hatch however. I've seen quite a few in England, and they really look hot.

The countdown begins, we have 4 more days to go! Waiting with bated breath for a review on this forum.
Old 10th April 2011, 04:00   #628
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, i do not know if you guys noticed or not, the new fiesta sedan tail lamps are almost similar to the mondeo that is sold around the world, check ford UK website.
Good observation. I always thought that the rear tail lamps looked familiar, just couldnt put my finger on where id seen them

Also, going with others who have seen the hatch abroad, i agree, the hatch looks hot. Even saw a modded one on the highway in europe. Jet black with nice rims & a deep, growly exhaust. Looked real mean.

Last edited by Xehaust : 10th April 2011 at 04:02.
Old 10th April 2011, 12:07   #629
BANNED

All those concerned with the safety rating of the Fiesta, The new fiesta has a Euro NCAP rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
Old 10th April 2011, 12:11   #630
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All those concerned with the safety rating of the Fiesta, The new fiesta has a Euro NCAP rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
Hi Mustang, is the 5-star Euro-NCAP applicable across whole range, or only for the top-end version?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed