Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2011, 12:22   #631
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Of course it would have to be the 6 airbag equipped version. As, without the side curtain airbags, no car would garner a respectable score in the side impact test, and hence will not manage to get the 5/5 score!

I've seen many i20 owners, who own the magna model which comes without airbags, but they very proudly brag that their car has a 5/5 Euro NCAP safety rating
Old 10th April 2011, 13:09   #632
R17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
All those concerned with the safety rating of the Fiesta, The new fiesta has a Euro NCAP rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
Mustang - If I may add, the Fiesta has been an excellent performer in crash tests across the world.

Euro NCAP - 5 stars on 5 - Ford Fiesta | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating

IIHS (USA) - 'Top Safety pick' - IIHS-HLDI: Ford Fiesta sedan

China NCAP - 5 stars on 5 - Åöײ½á¹ûÈ«¼Í¼

Australian NCAP - 5 stars on 5 - ANCAP - Crash Test Results.

NHTSA (USA) - 4 stars on 5 (the Merc C Class and the Audi A4 also scored 4 stars on 5) - 2011 Ford Fiesta 4 DR FWD | Safercar -- NHTSA

(Bear in mind that the websites confirm that the same ratings apply to the sedan and the hatch)

However, all of this is relevant for us only if Ford plans to give us at least 1 variant decked with 6 airbags and other goodies. Else, like the Cruze and the Punto, it will just be a car with the potential but not the equipment to actually be a 5 star performer.

So, 2 queries for you, Mustang -

1.Any update on the 6 airbag issue?
2. Also, will the structure of the Indian Fiesta be the same as the American Fiesta sedan or the European Fiesta? (The American Fiesta had some further structural modifications to enable it to adhere to the American crash standards).
Old 10th April 2011, 14:40   #633
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
Mustang

1.Any update on the 6 airbag issue?
2. Also, will the structure of the Indian Fiesta be the same as the American Fiesta sedan or the European Fiesta? (The American Fiesta had some further structural modifications to enable it to adhere to the American crash standards).
1. I hope so but no confirmation, However according to a calculative guess, i think it will be here.

2. Structure of the fiesta sedan is similar to the american spec, although the american fiesta has over enhanced pedestrian safety standards, our fiesta will get the same standards as the european one.

To sum it up

Pedestrian safety : Similar to European hatch
Other Impacts : Similar all across the globe (sedan) subject to same equipment.
Old 11th April 2011, 12:27   #634
BANNED

Just got some new info,

You can watch the live stream of the launch of the new fiesta on the 14th from 12 Noon to 1 PM.

Fiesta for India - Online livestream of reveal event | Facebook

^Check the above facebook link for details
Old 11th April 2011, 13:43   #635
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Eddy : 11th April 2011 at 15:41. Reason: Note Inline
Old 11th April 2011, 15:42   #636
BHPian

Saw 4 of the new Ford Sedan test vehicles (my guess is them being the new Fiesta) on NH45 taking U turn before the Tindivanam toll. The covers were off and the only thing that was hidden was the Ford badge.

Few observations and pardon usage of any inappropriate terms

1) Styling is futuristic unlike the current Fiesta. GC seems to be higher than the current Fiesta. The vehicle has a raised back like an SX4.

2) Vehicles had reverse camera and parking sensors fitted on the rear bumper

3) From what I could infer from outside, inside space should be on par or less than current Fiesta.

4) The drivers were driving a bit spiritedly and was able to match them on my Manza QJD with my not much effort.

Have taken pictures in my dad's mobile and unable to post them as internet is not working at home.
Old 12th April 2011, 10:27   #637
Senior - BHPian

Recent sighting courtesy IndianCarsBikes:

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan spotted yet again! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

Indicative pricing (for both Petrol & Diesel) is also mentioned therein.
Old 12th April 2011, 10:51   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Recent sighting courtesy IndianCarsBikes:

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan spotted yet again! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

Indicative pricing (for both Petrol & Diesel) is also mentioned therein.
The more I see the picture of the new Fiesta, the more I get a feeling " what an ugly car!" especially when viewed from the rear 3 quarters. Hope in flesh it looks much better.
Old 12th April 2011, 11:31   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
The more I see the picture of the new Fiesta, the more I get a feeling " what an ugly car!" especially when viewed from the rear 3 quarters. Hope in flesh it looks much better.
No it does not look better. Tailed one around tambaram for sometime.

Looks smaller, more Ikonish.. maybe to do with the black colour. rear space looks very less (Iam guessing here). The driver was trying to keep away from me on my Ikon TDci and desperately failed to do so.

But as an overall package, will sell well !

Ford owners will stay away IMHO as there isn't much to offer over their existant FORD.
Old 12th April 2011, 11:54   #640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
No it does not look better. Tailed one around tambaram for sometime.

Looks smaller, more Ikonish.. maybe to do with the black colour. rear space looks very less (Iam guessing here). The driver was trying to keep away from me on my Ikon TDci and desperately failed to do so.

But as an overall package, will sell well !

Ford owners will stay away IMHO as there isn't much to offer over their existant FORD.
Well, looks are quite subjective, and the opinion differs from person-to-person

I for one, liked the overall package, and being a ford owner currently, am really looking forward to the new Fiesta. From what I have seen in the Fiesta hatch, this car is much more advanced that the current ford range in India.
Old 12th April 2011, 13:28   #641
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yes the hatch version looks very nice indeed. like a baby brother to the Ford Focus which also I like a lot. They are both pretty popular in the UK it seems - and the car rental companies seem to have a lot of them on offer to consumers. I guess that is expected. They are nice strong cars, good value motoring in a smart package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Pricing the hatch more than the sedan would spell disaster for Ford in India, cost of manufacture notwithstanding. We are tuned to saloons being pricier than hatchbacks, and this would be a radical departure from this tradition.

I do wish they bring the hatch however. I've seen quite a few in England, and they really look hot.

The countdown begins, we have 4 more days to go! Waiting with bated breath for a review on this forum.
Old 12th April 2011, 13:48   #642
BHPian

As current Fiesta Owner, now termed "Fiesta Classic" i am waiting to watch the launch on Facebook and hope the pricing is good.
Old 12th April 2011, 13:55   #643
BHPian

Invitation to watch LIVE unveiling of the All-New Fiesta
Ford Fiesta | Facebook
Old 12th April 2011, 15:40   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,
btw, just noticed this on teambhp
Attachment 530097
I see recognition of TeamBHP as a strong willingness on the part of Ford to listen to the Indian customer - the simple reason why Figo is now such a success. NFS should repeat the same. A big to Ford.
Old 12th April 2011, 16:15   #645
Senior - BHPian

A fellow-bhpian told me last week that the brochures given for the Figo in Hyderabad have a reference to the car being tested by Team-bhp. Such is the weightage of this forum.

Coming to the NFS, I do think it looks radically new. I've also posted pics of the model in the Washington DC Auto show earlier on this thread, where i too felt the rear was looking a bit awkward. But those are only my views, and beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed