Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 18:29   #646
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
But those are only my views, and beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
I fully agree to this.

Also, it is the overall balance of looks, reliability, robust engine, comfortable interiors and not to forget the fuel efficiency that matters. Keeping in mind the current Fiesta's driving dynamics, personally, the New Fiesta is one vehicle I am eagerly awaiting.

Another two days to go !!

Last edited by Sugeeta : 12th April 2011 at 18:30.
Old 12th April 2011, 18:53   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i too felt the rear was looking a bit awkward. But those are only my views, and beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
This fact is highlighted by ACI (first drive) as well. I think they got carried away with the raising/sloping waistline, which forced everything else around the rear to raise a bit, resulting in a very high boot and huge mass above the rear wheel arch. Another possibility is the high- set dashboard and somewhat smaller windscreen due to the windscreen meeting the bonnet at a higher point (compared to the current design).
All new cars seem to be designed 'outside-in' making the cars look aerodynamic from outside but making them somewhat claustrophobic with poor visibility from inside.
Old 12th April 2011, 20:51   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
All new cars seem to be designed 'outside-in' making the cars look aerodynamic from outside but making them somewhat claustrophobic with poor visibility from inside.
Seems to be true in a way. I dont like the feeling of being inside a bucket in many cars with high waist line especially towards the rear. The seating position of current fiesta is really very good. Technically the NFS seem to be very advanced. 2 negative aspects that I can notice IMO is the clumsy center console and rear seat space. I think after 1-2 years there will be some major redesign that will be done on the exteriors, especially the rear when they launch a refreshed version! I hope in person it feels much better. Eagerly awaiting the launch and to watch it on facebook.

Ford is one company that has really turned around things and started listening to customers more. Has the sense to give the right product to the customer and seems to respect this forum as a valuable place to find consumer sentiments and feedback.

Hope some other brands that turn a blind eye to consumer opinion change their attitude.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 12th April 2011 at 20:54.
Old 12th April 2011, 21:10   #649
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
2 negative aspects that I can notice IMO is the clumsy center console and rear seat space.

Ford is one company that has really turned around things and started listening to customers more. Has the sense to give the right product to the customer and seems to respect this forum as a valuable place to find consumer sentiments and feedback.

Hope some other brands that turn a blind eye to consumer opinion change their attitude.
I can guarantee you that the new fiesta has more space on the inside than the current fiesta, be it rear or front.

Let me explain you the center console design, the main reason for going for such a design is its very practical and intuitive nature. You will spend 15 mins in the car and you will know exactly what button does what and would be very comfortable with it.

Let me site you an example : When you wan't to dial a no. on your phone, do you look and search for individual digits? No, You don't, because you already know that 4 is below 1 and 9 is above #, so basically speaking you can even operate a phone with your eyes closed. The same has been incorporated in the fiesta also where you can use every button intuitively and can also call people like you do on a normal phone.

Just pay attention on the road.
Old 12th April 2011, 21:20   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I can guarantee you that the new fiesta has more space on the inside than the current fiesta, be it rear or front.

Let me site you an example : When you wan't to dial a no. on your phone, do you look and search for individual digits? No, You don't, because you already know that 4 is below 1 and 9 is above #, so basically speaking you can even operate a phone with your eyes closed. The same has been incorporated in the fiesta also where you can use every button intuitively and can also call people like you do on a normal phone.
That's fantastic to know! Even I said in my earlier post, related to the US model, that the space inside was more, though only by a wee bit.

The interiors were however leagues ahead of the current model, especially the dash, the dials, etc.

As rergards the current (aka classic) model, I find the position of the AC speed knob on the far left more suitable to left-hand-drive cars. That knob is used more often than the other two for heater and air flow direction, so it should be closest to the driver's side.

Another minor thing is the engine hood release lever and the tyre-pressure indicator sticker---these ought to be on the steering side if Ford is really serious. Not major showstoppers, but nice to have. I hope I am not too late in posting this stuff, in which case Ford can keep these points in mind for future versions.

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th April 2011 at 21:22.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:05   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
The more I see the picture of the new Fiesta, the more I get a feeling " what an ugly car!" especially when viewed from the rear 3 quarters. Hope in flesh it looks much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
No it does not look better. Tailed one around tambaram for sometime.

Looks smaller, more Ikonish.. maybe to do with the black colour. rear space looks very less (Iam guessing here). The driver was trying to keep away from me on my Ikon TDci and desperately failed to do so.

But as an overall package, will sell well !

Ford owners will stay away IMHO as there isn't much to offer over their existant FORD.
I agree. It’s even worse in flesh. Yesterday I spotted one here in Melbourne. The boot is unusually high and completely out of proportion. DZire finally has some company on our roads. NOM.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:20   #652
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
I agree. It’s even worse in flesh. Yesterday I spotted one here in Melbourne. The boot is unusually high and completely out of proportion. DZire finally has some company on our roads. NOM.
You know that this fiesta is the most successful ford fiesta ever made(going purely by the sales figures, And the sedan version contributes a lot in these sales as it comprises of sales from the US and China which are ford's biggest markets. This could only mean one thing out of the following.

1. People are satisfied with the looks and overall appeal of the car
2. People buying the car are dumb

Take your pick, Even i agree that the hatch looks better but you can not say that the new fiesta is ugly and what not, Infact it is more proportionate than the current one, anyways I will let the sales figures of august do the real talking.

Now for some real info : Ford fiesta does have 60:40 split rear seats. (someone had asked me this earlier)
Old 13th April 2011, 12:37   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
No way does it even come close to looking as bad as the dzire. Agreed that the boot is high but it doesnt look like an add-on job. I still like the current fiesta in terms of look. But the new fiesta is the one to go for if you love driving according to the first reviews. Come August we will kow how the market reacts to its looks.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:43   #654
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
*Going by the sales number in US/China, the number of dumb people should have increased in this case!
Heres your proof, I did manage to find some data of H1 2010 vs. H1 2009.

PS - Production in China began in late 2008 for the mark VI fiesta.

Quote:
The popularity of the Ford Fiesta among China's young generation helped the nameplate continue to gain market share. In the first six months of 2010, the trendy compact car racked up strong sales of 38,669 units, an increase of 113 percent year-on-year. A total of 86,053 Fiestas have been sold in China since the model was introduced last year.
FORD MOTOR CHINA'S FIRST-HALF SALES UP 53 PERCENT TO AN ALL-TIME HIGH | Ford Motor Company Newsroom

Still call them dumb?

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 13th April 2011 at 12:46.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:57   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now for some real info : Ford fiesta does have 60:40 split rear seats. (someone had asked me this earlier)
Me, Me!! I had asked about the same.
In December last year, my bro and SIL came from US, and they had that big suitcases. After keeping around 2 smaller one in the boot of my Ikon, the third big one won't fit, so I had to keep that on the rear seat, while my bro and SIL sat at the back. Just wished Ikon that time to had 60:40 seats. Glad that it would be there in the new fiesta.
Two years down the line, hope to add the NFS in our Garage.
Irony is my bro drives a Honda there, and I drive a Ford here.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:58   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You know that this fiesta is the most successful ford fiesta ever made(going purely by the sales figures, And the sedan version contributes a lot in these sales as it comprises of sales from the US and China which are ford's biggest markets.
Offtopic:
Well, not that I find the Fiesta in the same league as DZire but DZire is also the leader in it's segment and has topped sales charts for many months (not sure about current status) but it remains as one of the ugliest cars OTR.

Last edited by asr245 : 13th April 2011 at 13:05.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:59   #657
Senior - BHPian

The popularity in China etc is not surprising, the looks appeal more to the South east asia, given the car's 'Korean' styling (a lot like the new Verna).

The reasons why we (old fiesta lovers) do not like is that it has moved away from the classic European styling.
Old 13th April 2011, 13:17   #658
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Offtopic:
Well, not that I find the Fiesta in the same league as DZire but DZire is also the leader in it's segment and has topped sales charts for many months (not sure about current status) but it remains as one of the ugliest cars OTR.
You are just referring to India, I am referring globally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
The popularity in China etc is not surprising, the looks appeal more to the South east asia, given the car's 'Korean' styling (a lot like the new Verna).

The reasons why we (old fiesta lovers) do not like is that it has moved away from the classic European styling.
Tail lights resembling the european mondeo, Side resembling the focus, Headlights resembling the european mondeo again.

^ how much more european do you wan't?

PS - This car has been in production even much much before the verna. Fiesta started its production in late 2008, hyundai RB has started its production in January 2011 (someone confirm). So its not fair to say that the fiesta resembles the verna, it should be vice versa. Don't you think?

This is the mondeo

AND

this is the fiesta.

Don't these two look similar?

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 13th April 2011 at 13:22.
Old 13th April 2011, 13:31   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Another minor thing is the engine hood release lever and the tyre-pressure indicator sticker---these ought to be on the steering side if Ford is really serious. Not major showstoppers, but nice to have. I hope I am not too late in posting this stuff, in which case Ford can keep these points in mind for future versions.
There are several items in that list for Ford to swap the location. The most important thing among that is the placement of wind shield wiper lever and turn indicator light lever. Any indian(ized) car will have the turn indicators lever in the right side of the steering column. But Ford has it in the left.

When my friends drive my fiesta, they will do the dry wipe atleast once when they try to turn. And also it will be lot more convenient to have the turn indicators in the right side.

JK
Old 13th April 2011, 14:58   #660
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumar007 View Post
There are several items in that list for Ford to swap the location. The most important thing among that is the placement of wind shield wiper lever and turn indicator light lever. Any indian(ized) car will have the turn indicators lever in the right side of the steering column. But Ford has it in the left.

When my friends drive my fiesta, they will do the dry wipe atleast once when they try to turn. And also it will be lot more convenient to have the turn indicators in the right side.

JK
But Only the japanese & korean cars in India have the turn Indicators on the right side and even in japan one can buy a car with indicators on the left side. There is no law regarding this and should not be discussed in this thread.

Here is some stuff for you to analyze, Some countries have even changed from LH traffic to RH traffic and please no further discussions on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileriving_standards_historic.svg

Isn't this link cool? ............... ^

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 13th April 2011 at 15:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks