Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 15:16   #661
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Tail lights resembling the european mondeo, Side resembling the focus, Headlights resembling the european mondeo again.

^ how much more european do you wan't?
Thats bumper to bumper European!

Quote:
Don't these two look similar?
Similar?
Too much similar, including the alloys!

Last edited by iSpoke : 13th April 2011 at 15:20. Reason: quoted
Old 13th April 2011, 15:18   #662
BHPian

I believe the position of indicator lever is important, especially for someone like me who drives the highway with only one (right) hand in the steering, its difficult to do lane changes as I would have to use the other hand. Wipers are rarely used and hence placed in opposite side of the driving side.

Last edited by channelv : 13th April 2011 at 15:20.
Old 13th April 2011, 15:27   #663
BHPian

Quote:
You know that this fiesta is the most successful ford fiesta ever made(going purely by the sales figures, And the sedan version contributes a lot in these sales as it comprises of sales from the US and China which are ford's biggest markets. This could only mean one thing out of the following.

1. People are satisfied with the looks and overall appeal of the car
2. People buying the car are dumb

Take your pick, Even i agree that the hatch looks better but you can not say that the new fiesta is ugly and what not, Infact it is more proportionate than the current one, anyways I will let the sales figures of august do the real talking.

(someone had asked me this earlier)
If sales was the parameter for judging how good a car looks, then Dzire should be the best looker. If it is not then as per your second statement, people who buy Dzire are dumb, surely both these statements are not true.

Internationally lot of Sales of Fiesta happening doesn't mean that Fiesta is good in looks. It only means Ford Fiesta may be a good overall car. When I meant the car looks ugly, it is what I feel with the Fiesta hatch as a reference. Clearly, the sedan boot job is nothing better than a Dzire. But everybody can say "looks are subjective" and get away with it.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:03   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
If sales was the parameter for judging how good a car looks, then Dzire should be the best looker. If it is not then as per your second statement, people who buy Dzire are dumb, surely both these statements are not true.

Internationally lot of Sales of Fiesta happening doesn't mean that Fiesta is good in looks. It only means Ford Fiesta may be a good overall car. When I meant the car looks ugly, it is what I feel with the Fiesta hatch as a reference. Clearly, the sedan boot job is nothing better than a Dzire. But everybody can say "looks are subjective" and get away with it.

I do agree with you, odds are that I would write my check for Ford on Fiesta but then again I believe the hatch looks way better than the sedan and the boot job of the sedan could have been better.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:06   #665
BANNED

Quote:
Clearly, the sedan boot job is nothing better than a Dzire. But everybody can say "looks are subjective" and get away with it.
This was another assumption cited by you, I am sure you did not check out the mondeo and fiesta pics i posted on the last page. Maybe the mondeo is also ugly then (?)

You know what, i can say a lot of things about the SX4 (which is also a hatch if you didn't know that) but i don't, as i respect other people's sentiments and also i do not say anything about the Dzire's looks.

And increasing the wheelbase of a hatch to make it into a sedan is certainly not the only way to get a proper transformation done. Your SX4's wheelbase is exactly the same as the SX4 hatch's wheelbase.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:23   #666
Senior - BHPian

Just had a chat with Metro ford sales guy, he said new Fiesta is launching in July.

New Fiesta and SX4 looks goodin Hatch version than sedan.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:29   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You know what, i can say a lot of things about the SX4 (which is also a hatch if you didn't know that) but i don't, as i respect other people's sentiments and also i do not say anything about the Dzire's looks..
Let it go Mustang. He is a Maruti guy , even worked for Maruti apart from owning a Wagon R and Sx4.

Quote:
And increasing the wheelbase of a hatch to make it into a sedan is certainly not the only way to get a proper transformation done. Your SX4's wheelbase is exactly the same as the SX4 hatch's wheelbase.
BTW, thanks for sharing this information. I didn't know this that even SX4 has been conceived from a hatch. Can you share some more details on this, probably here on some other thread?
Old 13th April 2011, 16:29   #668
BHPian

The worst cars to hit indian roads are the dzire and the Indigo interms of boot jobs. We are to blame for their success and the new fiesta doesnt fall in that category for sure.

Having seen the fiesta hatch in person, I can see there is a distinct difference between the way the sedan version looks. While the hatch is a stunner, the same cannot be said about the Fiesta sedan. There is something not right and that applies to the new mondeo's rear too which is similar.

To me the rear doesnt look that attracive and that does not imply that it is anyway near dezire/ indigo territory. It is good looking overall.

The soon to be launched Hyundai Verna also isnt that classy looking at the rear too ( better looking than the new fiesta at the rear though). The Elantra and the Sonata are very attracive looking cars from all angles.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:34   #669
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Let it go Mustang. He is a Maruti guy , even worked for Maruti apart from owning a Wagon R and Sx4.

BTW, thanks for sharing this information. I didn't know this that even SX4 has been conceived from a hatch. Can you share some more details on this, probably here on some other thread?
I am also a ford guy but i am not saying anything about the looks on other manufacturer's thread as i was told to be extremely factual, In fact i also complimented the Verna on its new thread because i really liked it and if your car is chauffeur driven then you should not buy the fiesta as the fiesta rear bench space is just adequate, and not very large. Fiesta's are built for nuclear families.

SX4 is also a sedan in India built from the SX4 hatch that exists in other countries and has the same wheelbase as the hatch, 2500 mm as far as i can recall.

Fiesta's wheelbase is a little smaller at 2489 mm and the fiesta is also smaller in length, width and height than the SX4.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 13th April 2011 at 16:36.
Old 13th April 2011, 17:12   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But Only the japanese & korean cars in India have the turn Indicators on the right side and even in japan one can buy a car with indicators on the left side. There is no law regarding this and should not be discussed in this thread.

Here is some stuff for you to analyze, Some countries have even changed from LH traffic to RH traffic and please no further discussions on this.

Fileriving standards historic.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isn't this link cool? ............... ^
maybe, but it is a matter that Ford India(and a handful of other manufacturers) should look into seriously.
It's not about any rules or such but general convenience.
And about your argument that Jap cars in USA have control stalks for RHD (instead of LHD) ,am staying now here in Riyadh and here all cars including Japanese imports have their control stalks configured to LHD config. instead of JDM RHD config.
Doesnt take much for Ford India to take this action which is a matter of convenience and even safety.
Old 13th April 2011, 17:24   #671
R17
BHPian

Quote:
Clearly, the sedan boot job is nothing better than a Dzire. But everybody can say "looks are subjective" and get away with it.
LOL. Since we are having a subjective discussion on looks, I guess we re all allowed to toss in out 2 cents.

Without any bias (I'd like to believe), the Dzire is the worst design proponent of a sedan-offspring from a hatch and I definitely believe that the Fiesta is far removed from the Dzire / Indigo territory. No comparison at all.

(PS - NOM to any Indigo / Dzire owners. May I inform folks that my family members drive both the above cars and are extremely happy with them. Which does nothing to alter my perspective about their aesthetics).

Last edited by R17 : 13th April 2011 at 17:25. Reason: grammar
Old 13th April 2011, 17:25   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
The worst cars to hit indian roads are the dzire and the Indigo interms of boot jobs.

To me the rear doesnt look that attracive and that does not imply that it is anyway near dezire/ indigo territory. It is good looking overall.

The Elantra and the Sonata are very attracive looking cars from all angles.
+1 to statement 1 and 3 above (and also NHC), and +1 million to statement 2 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
maybe, but it is a matter that Ford India(and a handful of other manufacturers) should look into seriously.
It's not about any rules or such but general convenience.
I deliberately did not harp on the wiper stalk position in my earlier post because this has been discussed to death before. In fact it is not a handful of manufacturers, but many: Ford, GM, Daewoo, Skoda, new Fiat cars, etc.

I drove a Ford S-Max in England, and it had wiper stalks on the right side, though the UK is akin to India.

But it hardly takes time to adapt to the stalk position---I drive a Fiesta and a Waggie almost every day.
Old 13th April 2011, 17:31   #673
BHPian

Quote:
This was another assumption cited by you, I am sure you did not check out the mondeo and fiesta pics i posted on the last page. Maybe the mondeo is also ugly then (?)

You know what, i can say a lot of things about the SX4 (which is also a hatch if you didn't know that) but i don't, as i respect other people's sentiments and also i do not say anything about the Dzire's looks.

I am only voicing my opinion based on what I see no offence meant. If you observe carefully, while there is a similarity with the Mondeo, the door line in Fiesta slopes upwards too much for my liking. Also there is a huge mass of metal at the rear end from the side view that gives that feeling of a fit job.

Also FYI I know that SX4 was introduced as a hatch and I bought the sedan because I liked it and found it to be a good boot integration job. I wouldn't mind if you thought of the car as otherwise and I guess you also shouldn't be taking offence to my dislike to the looks.
Old 13th April 2011, 17:39   #674
Senior - BHPian

The fiesta looks like the erstwhile Contour at the rear from side on. Now Contour was the U.S version of Mondeo, I think
Old 13th April 2011, 17:55   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Quiet a sad comparison - The Dzire has one of the ugliest integration (even the Indigo CS had a better boot job in comparison). On the contrast all the new cars, be it the new verna, vento or the new fiesta have gone through an excellent job. While Vento has that understated European looks the other 2 are funky east Asian styling. If anything, I think the snout for both these could have been a bit better, but the boot, oh they do look good & well integrated.

In all events, there is no point discussing the looks of an yet to be launched vehicle and without seeing it in person. While one is definitely entitled to his/her opinion, IMHO it would be only fair to put this unnecessary "who looks good" comparisons to rest until we get to see the car(s) in person.

Last edited by SR-71 : 13th April 2011 at 17:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks