Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2011, 13:33   #736
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Thanks Mustang. It was a great experience to watch the Fiesta 2011 launch function LIVE on facebook.

The cars looks damn good!!! Sexy aerodynamic design, attractive curves all around. Just the front nose portion could have been slightly better, IMO.

Interiors are very nice and a major breakthrough from current interiors, which is great.

Overall, could easily prove to be a game changer, if the price is in the right band.

Wishing all the best to Ford India!
Old 14th April 2011, 13:34   #737
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
@ Mustang
So what is the launch supposed to be. Are they just announcing - Hey we are bringing this car to India! - or would they also be announcing the variants and pricing. When will I get to see a unit at the nearest ford dealer ? Except for the rear bench space (that I am typically concerned about), this seems to be an winner in the petrol segment - This is one thing that no one has an idea yet AFAIK.
Variants will be announced soon but not today, Yea this was more of a reveal to the aam janta which does not know what a new ford fiesta sedan is and what it looks like. Cars will be available at dealers in the next 15-30 days.
Old 14th April 2011, 13:38   #738
Senior - BHPian

Mustang

OT:

Just realized the change in your signature.

From "Back with a bang" to "Met White Stig". Good one!
Old 14th April 2011, 13:46   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Variants will be announced soon but not today, Yea this was more of a reveal to the aam janta which does not know what a new ford fiesta sedan is and what it looks like. Cars will be available at dealers in the next 15-30 days.
Would we get to know about pricing today?

And when does the booking start?
Old 14th April 2011, 13:50   #740
Team-BHP Support

@Mustang,

Did you mean price <10L for top end diesel?
If that is the case, then an awesome deal it would be!
Old 14th April 2011, 13:55   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@Mustang,

Did you mean price <10L for top end diesel?
If that is the case, then an awesome deal it would be!
No. I guess he meant Top end Petrol. Top end diesel may be around 2-3 lakhs more, is what I feel.
Old 14th April 2011, 13:59   #742
Senior - BHPian

This thread is moving like it has caught fire !!! Anyway, it was a pleasure to watch the Facebook live show. The only interesting part remaining is the PRICE. This model is already going good in other countries, so there is nothing to worry about the driving comfort part, unless they have made some cost cutting changes for India. Considering the Figo route, this wait is interesting. I have 4 friends who are waiting to book
Old 14th April 2011, 14:02   #743
Senior - BHPian

To me this looks like more of a PR stunt (pun intended) to take the spotlight away from the new verna which has recently gained somewhat more publicity.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:04   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Mustang
From "Back with a bang" to "Met White Stig". Good one!
matlab!!! who is White Stig ? Michael??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
This thread is moving like it has caught fire !!!
Yep ,surely this thread is on fire. I think all the hype and noise was justified with the launch of this car. Hope it meets and exceeds expectations of many.
Truly a new gen car as of now.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:04   #745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
In fact, someone mentioned driving with only the right hand on the highway...I guess any car company would suggest keeping both hands firmly on the wheel at all times!
So could you tell me how do you shift gears / switch on indicators when you are driving with both the hands strictly on the steering wheel always ?? Mate, please read the posts well before making a comment on it - What he meant was "When you have to change the gear and use one of the stalks [indicator / headlight] at almost the same time, how difficult it is to do if the indicator / headlight stalk is on the left and wiper stalk is on the right. To me this question makes a lot of sense and I understand it to the full extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
(though I'm not sure about the logic of quoting sales figures to support this).
I think Dzire is a HIT because people see more value / practicality in the car than the looks of it. I know here a lot of people hate its looks including me. But the numbers say a different story that more percentage of the people are not bothered by the looks. Going by that logic, even if the Fiesta doesnt cater to the likes of a lot of people, it could still be a sales topper if rest of the ingredients are fine. I saw a very similar post in another page as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
10500 KMS..and by Aug she will be 15 months. That's the time when the NFS will be available for deliveries.

BTW: Any idea of an "S" variant in NFF???
I guess Mustang mentioned that "S" will not be available immediately, but might come in some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
i20 has electrically foldable ORVMs but with the touch of a button. What I'm saying is, the new Fiesta has "auto-fold". You switch off the engine and the mirrors will fold automatically! So cool.
Having this feature is nice. But can we manually over ride this feature? There are at times when I wait for someone, I switch off the car and look at the mirror to see what is happening behind the car. I would not be comfortable if the mirrors keep retracting with a manual over ride.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th April 2011 at 14:07.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:05   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
To me this looks like more of a PR stunt (pun intended) to take the spotlight away from the new verna which has recently gained somewhat more publicity.
May be, but we all know Verna cant hold a candle anywhere near Fiesta when it comes to driving comfort, stability and many other things. I myself bought a Fiesta only due to this reason.

Last edited by shajufx : 14th April 2011 at 14:07.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:15   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
It really sounds funny what you said, I was thinking it was the other way round.
That Hyundai is giving out its bits of the car to the carwale test run, the PR stunts and so-called scoops in sites just to make sure that Fiesta doesnt steal the show..

on hind-sight:: Mods, guess the comparison to the Verna and All New Fiesta is going to pop up very frequently. And it will end up being bashing threads.

Request mods to drop a word to stop comparing them until we have a release of both cars and until one drives and concludes them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Ford SYNC sounds interesting. Lots of gadgets for the price. The dashboard looks, feels and even functions like a high-end mobile phone!
Dont think the version in India is going to come with SYNC.

Quote:
You will be able to get a new TDCi Fiesta also for less than 10 Lacs, Let the variants get announced and then i will get some prices for you guys.
I seriously doubt if the highest variant will be able to make it to <10L Ex-showroom.

Quote:
GTO, when are you getting the car to drive?
Even I am waiting for the test drive to take any call at all..
Old 14th April 2011, 14:21   #748
BANNED

I would have understood if Ford had showcased a new car in a Auto Expo . However a media launch with no information on the prices, trim level, ARAI figures, launch-date, delivary date is a Faux Pas. Maybe Ford India should have limited to just put the limited info on their website, like Renault India has some info about their Fluence .
Old 14th April 2011, 14:29   #749
BHPian

Frankly speaking, both cars are equally good in terms of styling, interiors, goodies etc.

Hyundai is always jack of all, king of none.. Ford is quite opposite to it - King in fun factor, stability, handling but may loose out in areas like space.

Its going to be interesting when GTO comes out with the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think Dzire is a HIT because people see more value / practicality in the car than the looks of it. I know here a lot of people hate its looks including me.
Dzire is like middle class Nano . We all have to agree that it has one of the better engines in its class, VFM. But some basic driveability things are missed out. Unless people change their level of expectations from Maruti, Maruti will still deliver cars with amazing engines but with utterly poor shell and other things. For instance, Dzire's accelerator pedal is placed so high that long driving might result in foot pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Having this feature is nice. But can we manually over ride this feature? There are at times when I wait for someone, I switch off the car and look at the mirror to see what is happening behind the car. I would not be comfortable if the mirrors keep retracting with a manual over ride.
I think, you still should be able to do it when you just turn the key to position 2 (before the engine start).

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th April 2011 at 14:50.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:50   #750
BHPian

What kind of "launch" is this? No variants, no pricing, no official mention of engines and drives. This is more like a auto-show stall update than a launch. Ford should have come with more, if not all, info OR waited for a proper launch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks