Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2011, 17:18   #766
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
continuing on the useless banter, its actually good to have stalks standardized across all the geographies. At the least, folks wouldnt press the wiper stalks when they actually want to use indicators when they come back from US to India
Its a problem when you have 2 different makes in your parking lot used at random. Otherwise its very comfortable. People coming back from other countries will anyway take bit time to even adjust to the driving side difference in the car and on the road, so its part of the adjustment to get familiar with the interior stalks and the last part comes as the easiest to adapt .
Old 14th April 2011, 17:30   #767
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
we the BHP-ian are too eager to know everything about cars too early! Hold on guys.
+1, we are kind of impatient !
als0 I have been planning (for months) to buy a C -segment sedan.
Old 14th April 2011, 17:31   #768
BHPian

Source http://http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/ford-fiesta-cars/ford-india-unveils-new-2011-fiesta/ -
Quote:
The new Fiesta is prices start at Rs. 7.2 lakhs for the petrol and 8.5 lakhs for the diesel with deliveries starting in June, 2011.
Can you confirm Mustang?
Old 14th April 2011, 17:38   #769
BHPian

Am eagerly anticipating the launch of both, the 2011 Fiesta & 2011 Verna. From the looks of it, both these cars are coming out with innovative features which is excellent news for consumers as it will take the game ahead for all manufacturers & as a consumer, we will get better products. Not just in the C segment, but the segments above as well if they are to retain their edge. Already, we can see the Verna edging the D segment with features like a rear view camera with an inbuilt screen in the RVM & parking guidance lines, the Micra like keyless lock/unlock & start/stop, electrically folding ovrms, etc. The D segment will have to start offering these as well if the C segment (a segment below) is already offering them.

Went through the new Fiesta's website & the blue colour is what impressed me most. As for the Verna, it still edges the Fiesta in the all rounder aspect & has many more features as well. We already have the engine & transmission options for the Verna, am waiting for the same to be announced by Ford for further comparison between the two cars.

So even though i think the Verna will probably be more feature rich than the Fiesta, am still waiting to compare other aspects. On another note, i noticed the seat contouring in a picture on the website. If the actual seats are the same, id give brownie points to the Fiesta for them! Call me stupid, but im a sucker for the small things that generally go unnoticed

Last edited by Xehaust : 14th April 2011 at 17:41.
Old 14th April 2011, 17:45   #770
Senior - BHPian

The Ford India website now sports the brochure for the new Fiesta (refer the link below). However unfortunately if talks only @ the new features & nothing about the engine specs, dimensions etc

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...lob&blobkey=id
Old 14th April 2011, 18:15   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Tomorrow am going to the select citywalk to see the car..let me check out how good the hype really is.
Yea, we are singing "wake up sid" for you Wondering how come you did not get some scoops on this already !!!
Old 14th April 2011, 18:21   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I dont think it would allow you to control the iPod because of the fact that Sync was developed by Microsoft for Ford.
Ford Sync - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes Ford Sync was a joint developed product by Ford and Microsoft that does not mean iPod and iPhone cannot connect to the HUD. Any Bluetooth enabled device can connect to Ford Sync.

See the phone compatibility chart
http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dea...N_iop_2_00.pdf
Old 14th April 2011, 18:28   #773
BANNED

First of all sorry guys, if am not able to answer all your queries and questions, This thread is spreading like a wildfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Sad part is that its got a EPS as opposed to their Hydraulic unit in the Figo/Fiesta, not sure if the new Fiesta can have the same fun factor as the other 2 cars
It will have a driving experience better than the figo/fiesta classic, you can see that in many reviews which have been done by automags like autocar, zigwheels, top gear etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Shaju, but, at least they could have made the car noticeably bigger at the rear to be appealing to families. Guess this is the reason why City & SX4 have been scoring better.
If we do make it bigger then the car loses out on its driving dynamics front. Now, Would you like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Source http://http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/ford-fiesta-cars/ford-india-unveils-new-2011-fiesta/ -

Quote:
The new Fiesta is prices start at Rs. 7.2 lakhs for the petrol and 8.5 lakhs for the diesel with deliveries starting in June, 2011.
Can you confirm Mustang?
I have no idea about it but it may be true, let the trim levels be announced and then i can get some info for you guys.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 14th April 2011 at 18:29.
Old 14th April 2011, 19:04   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
If we do make it bigger then the car loses out on its driving dynamics front. Now, Would you like that?
Do you mean to suggest that new Fiesta is a better driver's car then Focus or Mondeo because they are bigger then Fiesta? Adding few centimeters to the width and length wouldn't rob the dynamics (in fact it may make the car more stable)
Old 14th April 2011, 19:05   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Why have you taken my comment in bad taste. I know what is the USP of Ford cars is, & I also know that they are beating/ matching the Japs & Koreans in their game (Quality/ FE) back home.

But, at the same time, I would request you to consider the VWs & Skoda, which despite their size & weight, have good driving dynamics, which he Japs do not have. I will also try to compare the car with Vento (its natural competitor) on the space front.

Further, I had already observed & felt that the rear seat in Figo is more spacious than the Fiesta Classic, but, again Fiesta is a better car (both in Diesel & also Petrol, obvious, guise) than Figo when it comes to Driving Dynamics, despite the size (sedans are always perceived as bigger in India).

Last edited by CARDEEP : 14th April 2011 at 19:06.
Old 14th April 2011, 19:06   #776
e46
BHPian

I would buy the Classic Fiesta any day. I didnt like the Chinese outer body styling for this car. They have messed it up big time, bear very less resemblance to the Mondeo, from which it has got styling cues.

The simple elegant EU lines are lost.
Old 14th April 2011, 19:44   #777
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Do you mean to suggest that new Fiesta is a better driver's car then Focus or Mondeo because they are bigger then Fiesta? Adding few centimeters to the width and length wouldn't rob the dynamics (in fact it may make the car more stable)
I was just talking about the increasing the length, Yes, if we do increase the length and the width, it would also substantially increase the cost and make it more in the focus/mondeo territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Why have you taken my comment in bad taste. I know what is the USP of Ford cars is, & I also know that they are beating/ matching the Japs & Koreans in their game (Quality/ FE) back home.

But, at the same time, I would request you to consider the VWs & Skoda, which despite their size & weight, have good driving dynamics, which he Japs do not have. I will also try to compare the car with Vento (its natural competitor) on the space front.

Further, I had already observed & felt that the rear seat in Figo is more spacious than the Fiesta Classic, but, again Fiesta is a better car (both in Diesel & also Petrol, obvious, guise) than Figo when it comes to Driving Dynamics, despite the size (sedans are always perceived as bigger in India).
CarDeep, I never ever took your comments in bad taste. However, i can't say anything about the vento due to some implications. I was just saying that if you just increase the wheelbase and length, the car then does lose its driving dynamics.

Please do not be of the opinion that i took your comment in bad taste, i was just clarifying a few things And if you think that i was being rude, then i apologize to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
I would buy the Classic Fiesta any day. I didnt like the Chinese outer body styling for this car. They have messed it up big time, bear very less resemblance to the Mondeo, from which it has got styling cues.

The simple elegant EU lines are lost.
I guess you never saw the pic that i posted a few pages back. Here it is Mondeo vs. Fiesta looks department.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2312170

I am sure you can notice the resemblance. So the car has definitely not lost its European charm as suggested by you.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 14th April 2011 at 19:53.
Old 14th April 2011, 19:59   #778
BANNED

Tyres seems to be 185/55 XR15.. See the link..

Ford India - Exterior
Old 14th April 2011, 19:59   #779
BHPian

What happened to the hatchback version that was being talked about.
Old 14th April 2011, 20:02   #780
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a promising car! It looks like both Hyundai and Ford are waiting for each other to announce the prices first

@Mustang
1. Any guesses on how many variants will be launched?
2. Why does the headlamp cluster have black inserts even in top end model?
( yes i know the Thai version has them too, but it looks cheap)IIRC the Fiesta
hatch spy pics didnt have them.
3. Will the Fiesta top end 1.6TDCI price breach Vento Highline TDI levels?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks