Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 12:04   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

I likes!!
but that central console, with that "autobot" face is going to make it a pain to get an aftermarket stereo installed....
Old 15th April 2011, 12:07   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
The automatic climate control is a big miss however.
ACC is available, refer pics posted by Stratos.

Like a lot of people have mentioned, I'm disappointed by the single reversing lamp & fog lamp - more so considering the current Fiesta has dual for both. The rest of the features are awesome - the looks are a bit too Korean for me but I guess one can get used to them over a period of time.

Harpreet Ford are accepting bookings for INR 50,000 - thinking of checking out the car in flesh at Select Citywalk & then plonking the money down if it appeals to us overall.
Old 15th April 2011, 12:07   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
i20 has electrically foldable ORVMs but with the touch of a button. What I'm saying is, the new Fiesta has "auto-fold". You switch off the engine and the mirrors will fold automatically! So cool.
Would one be able to open it again once the engine is switched off? It's strange but at times one does have the requirement of the OVRMs to be open when your car is parked in the garage. You don't want the 'gaadi dhone wala' to try and pull it to manually open them while he's washing the car !! It's a bit low-tech but yes at times one requires them to be open.
Old 15th April 2011, 12:35   #814
BHPian

^^ It should be.
from the below pics i think it should be possible to keep the mirror open when the car is off.
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-fiestamain.jpg  

Old 15th April 2011, 13:03   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
^^ You know, I wouldn't mind that door handle intruding into the driver's space. I feel it's good that the door handle intrudes a little as seeing by your picture, I think it will give required support to the thigh in course of long drives where you are required to continuously press the accelerator pedal and simultaneoulsy exercise your inner thigh muscles to keep the thigh straight.
The space in Ikon is just a little more to support the thigh against the door. I think this would be a handy thing atleast on a long drive and I see that it leaves adequate space to maneouvre the steering. But this might hinder the movement of people with heavy legs.
But I would see that as a comfort feature. I don't know if this design has been intended, but this would be good IMO.
Its actually an inconvenience for tall people like me. Current Fiesta's handle has sharp edges and my leg is always in contact with that hard plastic. I've been using a small cushion in my Fiesta for long drives. Meneouvering the steering has never been an issue though and I'm sure it will be that way in new Fiesta as well.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:19   #816
BHPian

Going by the images available here, my opinion is that the overall shape of the car is somewhat disproportionate. The rear wheel arch seems small for the large rear end. Also from front view (pic in post #815) the front part doesnt gel well with the design of the rest of the car.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:20   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
^^ You know, I wouldn't mind that door handle intruding into the driver's space. I feel it's good that the door handle intrudes a little as seeing by your picture, I think it will give required support to the thigh in course of long drives where you are required to continuously press the accelerator pedal and simultaneoulsy exercise your inner thigh muscles to keep the thigh straight.
I have experienced this lot of times. It might be bad from leg room perspective, but definitely this helps in long drives
Old 15th April 2011, 13:25   #818
Senior - BHPian

Just checked out the car at citywalk. Since the pics were already posted, I didnt bother to take the camera.
  • The car looks good in flesh and looks smaller than actually is as shown in the pics.
  • The boot is superbly integrated, the taillights are just OK and th car gets a mini mondeo appearance.
  • The model standing there is a 1.6 TDCi.
  • While the exterior is good looking, the interior design is again fantastic.
  • All controls are logically laid out and despite the myraid of buttons, are intuitive to use.
  • Plastics feel hard and durable, but the interiors look more "workman like" rather than luxorious.
  • No beige interior options.
  • Lower dash panel and door pads feel shockingly cheap for a 10 lakh rupee diesel sedan. The verna RB and vento feel distinctly upmarket.
  • Front seats are very comfortable and steering wheel is fantastic to hold. One of the best steering designs I have ever seen.
  • rear seats are comfy too, but width for 3 adults is at a premium. The RB and city will hold an edge here. Legroom too is in short supply as compared to its Asian rivals and even the vento.
  • High beltline plus dark interiors=a bit of claustrophobia at the rear but glasshouse is decent.
  • 15" alloys looks great.
  • Not a fan of "one reverse, one foglight".
  • Finally, this is the first ford car to have a bonnet release in the correct position-right.
  • Had to convince hard to get the bonnet opened and see the diesel motor.
  • Pricing holds key. If it is competitive, it has the potential to succeed.
  • Interior colour combination is more "sport oriented".
  • AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL IS STANDARD ON THE TOP END MODEL.

Last edited by sidindica : 15th April 2011 at 13:42.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:28   #819
Senior - BHPian

Stunning design.
No Automatic Climate Control from the looks of it and the most highlighted feature is the cruise control which is by far the worst feature to have on an indian car ! I dont care if you're driving on the highway or in the city, where on earth will one use it and how can you for more than 1 minute !!
The car will have its takers im sure and will carve out a niche for itself in the market.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:42   #820
BHPian

The only aspect of this car that I dont like is the rear space. I am most probably buying this (though I want to consider the 1.6MJD Linea, but dad doesnt want to do anything with FIAT) unless Hyundai surprises me with the handling/ride of the new verna, which I think is a tall order going by the reviews. 90 bhp diesel is more than enough for indian conditions and the drivability is going to be another trump card.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:52   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Stunning design.
No Automatic Climate Control from the looks of it and the most highlighted feature is the cruise control which is by far the worst feature to have on an indian car ! I dont care if you're driving on the highway or in the city, where on earth will one use it and how can you for more than 1 minute !!
The car will have its takers im sure and will carve out a niche for itself in the market.
ACC is there. Please go through the latest post, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Just checked out the car at citywalk. Since the pics were already posted, I didnt bother to take the camera.
  • AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL IS STANDARD ON THE TOP END MODEL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Originally Posted by dot
The automatic climate control is a big miss however.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:23   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

Like a lot of people have mentioned, I'm disappointed by the single reversing lamp & fog lamp - more so considering the current Fiesta has dual for both. The rest of the features are awesome - the looks are a bit too Korean for me but I guess one can get used to them over a period of time.

Harpreet Ford are accepting bookings for INR 50,000 - thinking of checking out the car in flesh at Select Citywalk & then plonking the money down if it appeals to us overall.
Hi Suman,

Yes, Harpreet is accepting bookings @ INR 50000, irrespective of the variant.

Booked mine today.

Do share your views on the actual car with pictures.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:33   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Booked mine today.
What!!!Booked one already!!Great!!
Probably the first booking on TBHP for the NFS or is it the whole of India?
Congratulations Sugeeta!!!
I am so damn jealous.

EDIT: I am off to solicit donations again
Old 15th April 2011, 14:33   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Finally, this is the first ford car to have a bonnet release in the correct position-right.
@Sid, did you miss the Ikon ? Bonnet release is on the steering column. Perfectly placed, I'd say.

But yes, bonnet release in the Fiesta classic is wrongly positioned.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:34   #825
BHPian

Is the steering adjustable for rake and reach? Also is there any change/improvement in the seat height adjustment?

I personally do not find the current Fiesta's height adjustment as good as that of Honda City. It feels to me as if only the back most part of the seat rises a bit (and at the same time moves forward) and is not the most comfortable
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks