Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
What!!!Booked one already!!Great!!
Congratulations Sugeeta!!!
I am so damn jealous.

EDIT: I am off to solicit donations again
Add me in that list Fordmanchau. Good for Sugeeta. Need to see how much have I saved till date or it will be me too for donations..

When will the pricing be announced? Or is it Ford doing a wait n watch and then depending on the reactions price the car?
Old 15th April 2011, 14:40   #827
BHPian

Quote:
What!!!Booked one already!!Great!!
Probably the first booking on TBHP for the NFS or is it the whole of India?
Congratulations Sugeeta!!!
I am so damn jealous.

EDIT: I am off to solicit donations again
Thanks Fordmanchau, but I am definitely not the first one.

Bigger problem is which older one to sell? Ikon or Fiesta? This is tearing my heart to pieces.

I have scrimped, saved and salvaged finances to fund this one !!! Belong the the ordinary mortal tribe kind of folks. Will be taking it under the Company vehicle Scheme of my company, that helps.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 15th April 2011 at 14:43.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:58   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Add me in that list Fordmanchau. Good for Sugeeta. Need to see how much have I saved till date or it will be me too for donations..
What!! you too!! Congratulations to you too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Thanks Fordmanchau, but I am definitely not the first one.
Bigger problem is which older one to sell? Ikon or Fiesta? This is tearing my heart to pieces.
I know that would be a tough one for you. For me it's easy, my wife has strictly ruled out selling our Ikon, as it's our first car and bought just before our marriage. Allowed to buy another car but then where would the downpayment come from. hehe!!

Quote:
I have scrimped, saved and salvaged finances to fund this one !!! Belong the the ordinary mortal tribe kind of folks. Will be taking it under the Company vehicle Scheme of my company, that helps.
No downpayment under the company lease scheme?
Here I was thinking of splurging on alloys for the Ikon , and now I want a completely new car. Have to scrimp, save and salvage like you. Will start a new car fund from next month and start saving.

EDIT: sorry for going OT guys.You see it's the excitement of the NFS launch that's getting to us.
EDIT: Though I am cheering you both on your booking, I am not liking it(kidding!).mummy!!!! where is the crying smiley!! I need to off this thread for a while.hmph!

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 15th April 2011 at 15:02.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:05   #829
BHPian

Quote:
No downpayment under the company lease scheme?
There is an initial deposit of 10% on the ex-showroom cost of the car.
Other components like Road Tax, Registration, Insurance are also recovered from the employee, but you get a tax benefit on it.

But, but, but.....your monthly take home decreases.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:09   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What!! you too!! Congratulations to you too!!!
No No Fordmanchau I haven't booked one. I meant add me to your list of getting jealous. I wish I could afford to book one.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:12   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
No No Fordmanchau I haven't booked one. I meant add me to your list of getting jealous. I wish I could afford to book one.
@ghodlur, your Fiesta is probably not even 2 years old. Don't ground her so early, unless someone else in the family can take over using her.

My daughter is more than willing to drive my present Fiesta.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:19   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ghodlur, your Fiesta is probably not even 2 years old. Don't ground her so early, unless someone else in the family can take over using her.

Yeah you are right. But my cousin has been eyeing the Fiesta for some time now and I would be happy to let it go if its within the family and then lay my hand on the NFS. What say?
Old 15th April 2011, 15:32   #833
Senior - BHPian

Hope the new Fiesta euphoria results into more used Fiesta's in the pre-owned market soon.

(BTW: A 2008 SXi petrol Fiesta was on sale for 4.5 Lacs. Will this new Fiesta affect resale value of the older Fiesta?)
Old 15th April 2011, 15:32   #834
BHPian

I just sold my 2006 Fiesta 1.6 Sxi (70 K on the Odo) for INR 3 lakhs. My car is still in mint condition and is worth the price.

Though I've no doubt in my mind about the NFS being superior to the old Fiesta, I'll still wait for the TD and then decide.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:43   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is an initial deposit of 10% on the ex-showroom cost of the car.
Other components like Road Tax, Registration, Insurance are also recovered from the employee, but you get a tax benefit on it.

But, but, but.....your monthly take home decreases.
But the icing on the cake is that you end up paying just the actual amount of the car even by the end of your EMIs right? That means no interest at all paid and you save all those cash when you go by company lease program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hope the new Fiesta euphoria results into more used Fiesta's in the pre-owned market soon.

(BTW: A 2008 SXi petrol Fiesta was on sale for 4.5 Lacs. Will this new Fiesta affect resale value of the older Fiesta?)
Ideally yes, since Fiesta Classic has already been launched with a lesser price tag and a completely new model has been introduced. With all the reviews, this is a definite success with the right pricing and would affect the resale of current Fiesta.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:31   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Sid, did you miss the Ikon ? Bonnet release is on the steering column. Perfectly placed, I'd say.

But yes, bonnet release in the Fiesta classic is wrongly positioned.
LOL...right means where "normal cars'" bonnet release knob is there, under the right corner of the dashboard. Steering is tilt adjust, telescopic not available...but that wheel is lovely to hold and is a work of art.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:36   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
But the icing on the cake is that you end up paying just the actual amount of the car even by the end of your EMIs right? That means no interest at all paid and you save all those cash when you go by company lease program.
Correct. You also save tax on fuel and maintenance upto a specific amount each year.
Old 15th April 2011, 17:15   #838
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
The driver door handle (inside) was projecting a bit too much in the current fiesta and i was hoping they'll do something about it to increase the legroom in NFS.
The handle seems projected as you were not in your normal driving position, you were in the pic clicking position where in your legs automatically move on either sides (ie. left leg towards left and right towards right) <---- Human behavior, my sis noticed it while i was checking your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I likes!!
but that central console, with that "autobot" face is going to make it a pain to get an aftermarket stereo installed....
Even I think so, but the HU is very decent and also has USB, Aux, voice controls and interfaces with the HMI screen, Do you still need an aftermarket HU?

Quote:
Hi Suman,

Yes, Harpreet is accepting bookings @ INR 50000, irrespective of the variant.

Booked mine today.

Do share your views on the actual car with pictures.
What? They already started? Anyways congratulations on the first booking of the ford fiesta on team-bhp.

Quote:
Sell the Ikon.

Quote:

She would be much happier in your current fiesta than your Ikon. Plus cheaper maintenance also.

Special Thanks : SIDINDICA : For his fantastic review (Though he did not drive it)
Old 15th April 2011, 18:39   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correct. You also save tax on fuel and maintenance upto a specific amount each year.
Congrats! The first NFS booking on this forum, it seems!

On the installments and interest part, my Co has a different set of rules. The co pays the road tax and insurance, while the employee only needs to pay installments on the ex-showroom price. But there is an interest of 14 % however that the employee has to bear.

Quite tempting, as savings on tax are huge, not only due to installments, but also due to fuel and maintenance, apart from chauffeur charges.

But I am sticking on to my Fiesta. It still drives like a charm, and has only 26 K on the odo.

As regards the steering, I was wondering where the horn button is located. If it is at the centre, wont it be a pain to reach out and use the horn?
Old 15th April 2011, 18:46   #840
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
As regards the steering, I was wondering where the horn button is located. If it is at the centre, wont it be a pain to reach out and use the horn?
It is at the center.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks