Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 19:14   #841
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Overall the car looks stunning. Ford has got a winner here, but i just feel the dash looks alienated or is it just me?

Why is that except for all TATA cars and Figo there is always a compromise on rear legroom?
Old 15th April 2011, 19:56   #842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Even I think so, but the HU is very decent and also has USB, Aux, voice controls and interfaces with the HMI screen, Do you still need an aftermarket HU?

Its less of a question of "why?" at TBHP , rather, "when"!!!
PS:no fingers being pointed at the factory HU, trust me....
Old 15th April 2011, 20:40   #843
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
ACC is available, refer pics posted by Stratos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
ACC is there. Please go through the latest post, at least.
Great to know that A.C.C. is there. Thanks.

Wow. C.C. and ACC below 10L. What a combination. The one key reason I didn't purchase the Fiesta 1.6 (classic now) last year was the lack of A.C.C.

Gen2 Fiesta rules.

Last edited by dot : 15th April 2011 at 20:46.
Old 15th April 2011, 21:13   #844
Team-BHP Support

Reading through the posts, I can see that the new Fiesta got some sort of common abbreviation in NFS (and some mentioning NFF). I prefer to call it just Fiesta though

If the Fiesta is the 1st of the 8 immediate models planned for India, the future indeed look extremely bright for Ford!
Old 15th April 2011, 21:39   #845
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Ford Fiesta

The silhouette of the new Fiesta sedan strongly reminds me of the new and yet-to-be-launched Hyundai Verna. The cab-forward design is quite apparent. In both cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Small wheel arch and higher window line make this end of the car look bland.
Unfortunately, there isn't much that the designers could have done about this. The current Fiesta that's sold here in our market was never designed to be a hatch from the start. That's why Ford managed to make the car look like a proper, seamless sedan. But this one started life as a hatch on paper.

The boot is an extra addition, and that's why the high-window line and small wheel-arch make the car look ungainly. I wonder if Ford would reveal and launch the Fiesta hatch, I hope they do. Not only will it look better, it would give Hyundai, Honda, VW and the like, sleepless nights.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: P.S. Don't you think the center-console reminds you of this:
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-long.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-nokia.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-nokia72101.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-nokia-8310.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th April 2011 at 21:52.
Old 15th April 2011, 21:40   #846
Distinguished - BHPian

I have gone through a lot of International drive reports on Fiesta. Almost all of them say it's a fantastic car. I am a big fan of road dynamics of Ford cars we get here. The hatchback version looks a lot better than the Sedan, on which the boot looks way too bulky. It clearly is not as sharp and balanced looking as the hatchback version. The 90hp TDCi units looks very promising.

The closest competitor to Fiesta will be it's traditional rival from previous generation, the Hyundai Verna. Early reports on the Verna say Hyundai have not been able to sort the Ride and Handling this time again. But they have raised the bar again with the promising 128hp Diesel.
Old 15th April 2011, 22:10   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
When will the pricing be announced? Or is it Ford doing a wait n watch and then depending on the reactions price the car?
I think the objective of the (pre)launch was to set an expectation in customer mind.

I think they are waiting on announcement of Verna's launch (proper) with variants / price.
With that in hand, they'll work their variants and pricing to get to their competitors; killer would be to have starting few variants priced lesser than few of verna.
Old 15th April 2011, 22:38   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Why is that except for all TATA cars and Figo there is always a compromise on rear legroom?
Because almost all these cars are actually designed for European or American markets and then sold here with some changes, like increased ground clearance.

Cars like the fiesta are targeted at a younger buyer who has very little use of the rear seat!

In our market, however these cars occupy a very different position and hence we feel they are cramped for our needs.

But things are changing and the new BMW 5-series is a good example of that. With more and more customers in the emerging BRIC nations who (mostly) buy a car like the 5-series to be chauffeured in, BMW has opted for much more executive and '7-series' feel to the 5-series, which includes roomier rear seats.
Old 15th April 2011, 23:27   #849
BHPian

Clever strategy by ford. No pricing or variants announced. Surely they are concerned about the new verna. They have done the unveiling so that the verna does not run away with initial sales. They are waiting for verna launch. The ball is in hyundai's court.
Old 15th April 2011, 23:39   #850
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
EDIT: P.S. Don't you think the center-console reminds you of this:
Yes, the design elements are similar. Neat connection you made. As discussed on this thread, the center console is supposed to mimic a mobile phone.
Old 16th April 2011, 00:06   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The silhouette of the new Fiesta sedan strongly reminds me of the new and yet-to-be-launched Hyundai Verna. The cab-forward design is quite apparent. In both cars.

+1 to that. The side profile looks so close(& beautiful), IMHO, as if the same person designed it.(fluid design concept???)

However, the only grouse I have is that the front doesnt look so nice. Previous Fiesta was nice actually, specially the grill part. This one looks so Figo-ish.

Time to GO FIDA again, I guess

Last edited by Stratos : 16th April 2011 at 10:44.
Old 16th April 2011, 04:17   #852
BHPian

Quote:
One thing that i personally do not like in the fiesta and a no. of cars like the polo, vento, micra, SX4 etc. is the presence of only one reverse light in the tail lamp cluster. Only the left tail lamp glows in reverse. Vision is hampered in dark areas while reversing.

However, The new fiesta has parking sensors to assist you with the same. But still i do not like only one reverse light.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Not only does it take away from the rear design (which looks clunky with 2 different rear lights) but hampers functionality as well. You wont believe how many people dont believe that the little white reversing light actually aids visibilty at night while reversing & specially while parking
Old 16th April 2011, 06:17   #853
Senior - BHPian

The bulky front and the tacked on "Mondeo" rear look a bit disproportionate. Having said that, I must admit the interior looks absolutely stunning! The VW Vento's interior looks just plain boring and mundane in comparison. Finally, a VFM car that gives us an Euro-spec interior and not a stripped down version.
Old 16th April 2011, 08:51   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Even I think so, but the HU is very decent and also has USB, Aux, voice controls and interfaces with the HMI screen, Do you still need an aftermarket HU?
The current HU support most needs bar Navigation capability. ala requirement as on year 2009 ~2010. However as we move forward, new things gets added and factory HU becomes inadequate. One reason to change HU is to add navigation capabilities! It would be nice if we have integration it in HU rather than in separate unit! Navigation will pickup in coming years!

If OEM follow standard on HU it wold always be better. It gives customers option! Hundai RB did a gr8 job integrating the navigation also!

Mustang: was there any thoughts on adding start stop in fiesta? I would count it as better system in terms of fuel efficiency in chocked traffic than cruise control!
Old 16th April 2011, 09:04   #855
BHPian

Looks like Ford wants to repeat what Fiat did with the Linea T Jet by delaying the car till the competition (read city/vento) is too well established. A launch that is not a launch, a brochure that is not a brochure (just a few pics with tidbits of info), making people wait will make people buy the city/vento/sx4...whatever happened to the early bird getting the worm?
On the other hand, how can they take bookings without announcing what is on offer the specs and trims/variants, is it that people are just booking quantity one Fiesta on faith alone? What if it turns out to be overpriced, underspec-ed? For a car that's probably been the most awaited over the last year, the fans deserve a little more. But looking at the features, looks and expected specs, with the pricing being right, Ford has a runaway hit on their hand. Hope they do it right. The interior space comparo someone posted earlier seems to be off to me.

Last edited by Delta Wing : 16th April 2011 at 09:11. Reason: adding a line more
Closed Thread

Most Viewed