Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2011, 15:01   #946
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
I hope they are right, but having never driven a vehicle with reverse sensors, I cannot confirm.
It helps, it really helps a lot. I have it in my Ikon. Makes reversing easy and helps to stop before you hit that wall. And it's cheap too. VFM I would say.
I for one never depend on the reverse lights, just that it makes other know that the car is reversing
Old 19th April 2011, 15:31   #947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Even TATA Indica had only one reverse light when i bought it in 2004. Does this a real problem? I don't think so. I am not sure how a driver depend on reverse lamp to get his car reversed.
Going by this logic, perhaps they should just do away with both the reverse lights no?

Putting one reverse light is just so stupid, its like putting one headlight. Try reversing on a dark night on Indian roads, and I'm sure you'll appreciate two reverse lights.
Old 19th April 2011, 15:40   #948
BHPian

Guys, why should we worry so much about the single reverse light, anyway we will not be able to see the lights glowing since most of us will be facing front and the reverse lights are at the back.

While reversing most of us these days use parking aides (sensors & Cameras) in the dark and at day times it is not useful anyway.

Do we seriously need this much of discussion on reverse light ? No offence to anyone, but please lets move on, there are many more features to discuss about...

Last edited by 2500cc : 19th April 2011 at 15:44.
Old 19th April 2011, 16:32   #949
Senior - BHPian

^^ Agree. But I guess we all would appreciate some symmetry

Neilguy
A reverse parking sensor is like having a third eye.. a big help
Old 19th April 2011, 18:35   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Exactly!!.. Norms are that you should have atleast one rear fog lamp, and reverse light.

Well, companies ought to provide, two of each, but they manage get through the norms with one of each, by just coloring/de-coloring the other side.
I am sure we are talking about the cars and norms applicable to India. If the norm is to have at least one fog light, why many cars still do not have fog light in the base variants ?

Is there anything to do with CAN-bus electrics - if you double the power draw on the fog light circuit your car might sulk! ?

Canbus / Multiplex towbar wiring:

Most vehicles manufactured within the last few years use very sophisticated multiplex or canbus wiring systems. This type of electrical system can be very complex, the circuits can not be modified because the cable voltages/resistances are monitored constantantly by the cars ECU. In order for additional electrics to be added onto your vehicle (eg: towbar electrics) we are forced to use a full Canbus Smart/Bypass relay. This relay system will ensure no additional load is applied to the car, therefore not causing any damage or malfunction to the vehicles on-board electronic computer (ECU) or bulb failure warning system.

Source : DS3club

Others feel that the single fog lamp differentiates itself from the dual brake lamps.

But Is there any clear logic and regulation ?
Old 19th April 2011, 18:39   #951
BHPian

Okay now, looking past the single reversing lamp, the other thing that I din't like was the use of shiny, hard wearing grained plastic on the door pads! It really pulls down the image perception of the car a lot :(
Old 20th April 2011, 00:28   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
You know what, i can say a lot of things about the SX4 (which is also a hatch if you didn't know that) but i don't, as i respect other people's sentiments and also i do not say anything about the Dzire's looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
The worst cars to hit indian roads are the dzire and the Indigo interms of boot jobs. We are to blame for their success and the new fiesta doesnt fall in that category for sure.
To me the rear doesnt look that attracive and that does not imply that it is anyway near dezire/ indigo territory. It is good looking overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
Without any bias (I'd like to believe), the Dzire is the worst design proponent of a sedan-offspring from a hatch and I definitely believe that the Fiesta is far removed from the Dzire / Indigo territory. No comparison at all.
Could not help but comment on the Fiesta boot. Not sure how many of you guys (except mustang) have seen Fiesta in person - but I did get a chance to see and drive it when on US visit. Both me and my colleague had a long argument about how bad the fiesta boot is

To my eyes, the first impression was "they screwed up with the boot - its almost like Dzire!" While Dzire still takes the cake, as far as the ugliest looking backside is concerned, Fiesta is also not a looker. Trust me, we will have many more people complain about the rear and compare it with Dzire once it is out and more and more people see it. I may still be wrong, but it is very likely people will compare it with Dzire's rear. IMO, Ford has done a way better boot job in Fiesta compared to the Dzire, but the Vento and Manza, are way refined at the boot. As someone said earlier in this thread - what is up with all these boots going higher and higher - SX4, Dzire, Indigo (a little) and now fiesta - it probably has something to do with the boot patch on the hatches.

That being said, the front and side profiles are gorgeous for most, though not to my taste. I found it too jazzed up and screamed "look at me too!" for a car of this size. To some extent, same holds true for new Verna IMO. Fiesta looked smaller than I expected it to be - maybe because of the bigger US cars near it, don't know! The fiesta interiors are a different story - easily one of the best cabins in this category. Seats and support are worth mentioning - I drove almost 4 hours to Orlando, FL and felt very comfortable. Driving dynamics, as expected are very very good. Fun to drive, steering had superb response - butter. Me and my colleague fell in love with it (he owns a city btw).

This car has lots of good things, but rear look is definitely not one of it! The City is still the best boot job ever done. Vento is a close second. I would love GTO's take on Fiesta's backside!!

Last edited by SunilM : 20th April 2011 at 00:50.
Old 20th April 2011, 07:18   #953
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
The City is still the best boot job ever done. Vento is a close second. I would love GTO's take on Fiesta's backside!!
If I am not mistaken, the current City is not really a Jazz with a boot. Agreed that Vento's boot integration is really neat. Personally I liked the Fiesta's boot job as well. I feel its on par with the SX4's addition.
Old 20th April 2011, 07:25   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I hate point # 1 !! Have been noticing this in quite a few models offlate! But really, is there so MUCH savings by cutting down on one light ? And is there a way we could activate the second light at our own expense?
Many cars in Europe has a single reverse light, trust me I never felt any difference as the single light provides enough bright light for you to reverse during night.
Old 20th April 2011, 09:36   #955
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I don't like the new Fiesta's weird boot styling at all!! It doesn't look like a proper 3 box sedan. There is excessive sheet metal under the C Pillar and the quirky boot design makes the Fiesta's rear look disproportionate. The base variants - with steel wheels & thinner tyres - will look even worse.

I agree with the others. The City & Vento have the best butts in the segment

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2011 at 09:37.
Old 20th April 2011, 09:57   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Forgot about the beautiful Italian butt of the Linea

Thats the best looking butt in this segment IMO!
Old 20th April 2011, 10:35   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't like the new Fiesta's weird boot styling at all!! It doesn't look like a proper 3 box sedan. There is excessive sheet metal under the C Pillar and the quirky boot design makes the Fiesta's rear look disproportionate. The base variants - with steel wheels & thinner tyres - will look even worse.

So happy to know what GTO's feelings were about Fiesta's boot. I was starting to wonder if something was wrong with me cos I felt the boot job was bad for a car in its segment. Comparing it with Dzire and Manza shows how bad it is. It's butt should have been compared with the likes of Linea and Vento.

The wheel arches and the thin wheels along with the elevated boot makes the vehicle looks a relatively non-proportional. The tail light also could have been better. The sedan also looks small for its segment.

The Fiesta hatch is way better and gorgeous. Might be one of the reason I was 'lil' disappointed by the sedan's looks.
Old 20th April 2011, 11:53   #958
Senior - BHPian

Guess we will see this quite soon since they already have it on their webpage
Ford India - Ford India Private Limited
Old 20th April 2011, 12:35   #959
BHPian

The shoulder line and belt line of the Fiesta '11 is too steeply inclined(sporty looking on the hatch), thus creating the large space above the rear wheel arch and a high boot, which is now the reason for all the grumble over the boot job. Trust me guys, with such a steep shoulder line, there isn't much the designer of the sedan could've done. I really pity the sedan designers for the criticism they're to endure because of the hatch designers ! :(
Old 20th April 2011, 21:47   #960
Senior - BHPian

As far as the boot design goes it is definitely
1) Linea - The tail lamp look to be borrowed from cars costing 10 times.
2) City is pretty good
3) Vento is acceptable
4) SX4 is average
5) New fiesta is YUCK
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks