Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2011, 12:01   #976
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
IMHO, its not the butt that the Fiesta really needs to worry about - its the equipment level and lack of space. The Verna is roomier, comes with classier looking interiors and most importantly, has the Fiesta beat on the equipment offered list -In addition to the Fiesta's offerings, the ANHV offers the chromatic rear view mirror thingie, 4 additional airbags, all round disc brakes, and keyless go, to name a few features. The Fiesta will outperform the Verna on the Handling front. But with the arrears on hand, that may not translate to a Sales victory for Ford.
I feel that the Fiesta doesn't lack in the features department. Its different from what the Verna offers. Cruise control, voice recognition and voice command interface are things the Verna misses out on. So I think they are evenly matched here (at least not a very big gap between these two). But space is where the Verna might easily edge out the Fiesta for the better family car status. Also the black interiors of the Fiesta vs the beige on the Verna would not help the Fiesta. Though I prefer the dash design of the Fiesta over the Verna and also the Black interiors (sportier), not many in that segment would be on my side i guess.
Old 21st April 2011, 12:04   #977
BHPian

Somehow I don't like the design of the car post the rear-door shut line. From front till the rear-door shutline, everything seems so smooth and cohesive. Post that, it looks a bit awkward. And definitely poorly designed from straight rear view. Rear 3rd quarter OK-ish.
Old 21st April 2011, 12:09   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
On a side note, if feature-packed models can rock the sales chart, then the i20 should have been the undisputed king of the hatch segment.
I20 is infact the undisputed king of premium hatch segment for now. It sells because its the jack of all trades. There is nothing exceptional about it.
Old 21st April 2011, 12:46   #979
xPK
BHPian

Does this sound weird to anybody?

Fiesta is more fun to drive car (it's also always known as drivers car) than Verna, but yet it offers cruise control and not Verna.
Old 21st April 2011, 13:27   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
BTW, the side profile looks hot, @mustang. It is only the direct view of the rear that appears a wee bit messed up, moreso due to the asymmetrical tail lamps on the Indian version. The US version looks a bit better on this count.
I also felt that tail lamps are not proportionate with the design. Little bigger lamps may good a better look. Fiesta Classic has a superb integration-which i love it seeing in all angles.

But, folks, please dont ever compare this rear design with Dzire. That's absolutely yucky work done by Maruti. NFS has definitely got a better integration when compared with these cars. May be tail lamp looks small that show cases more metal in the rear. Otherwise, integration is just fine... not bad at all.

Last edited by sbala : 21st April 2011 at 13:33.
Old 21st April 2011, 14:06   #981
Senior - BHPian

Folks, in the pic posted by Mustang, IMO the rear looks just alright and to some extent i will call it good.
Don't know how but the pic posted earlier in the thread on page 46, of the left side rear profile, it somehow looked that the rear is heavy and the tyres look puny.
But the pic by Mustang clears it all. I would say it looks very neat and miles better than the Dzire.
Dzire is no competition Please!!!!
Having said that I went through the New Verna thread on TBHP and on zigwheels and I feel it's better looking than the new Fiesta(being very neutral)from the outside.
Interiors of the new fiesta is better than the Verna though.
But then zigwheels report says that Verna loses out on the driving dynamics.
What do you think guys, I feel it's going to be a tough competition.
Old 21st April 2011, 14:42   #982
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=333;2321674]Now this is a picture edited by me to include the quarter glass within the door shut line, how do you rate it with the original? to me it doesn't look better.
Attachment 533749

Aha!
Fiesta, now with a hoffmeister kink!

I liked it earlier too, and i like this too!!

I dont mind that expanse of metal at all, buddy!
Old 21st April 2011, 14:44   #983
BHPian

This is my crude interpretation of what I have been trying to convey about the high belt line of the NFS.

Below is an original picture of the car
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-fordwtfiestalxsedan.jpg

And here is an edited Fiesta, the belt line and trunk have been lowered, the separate quarter glass has bee eliminated and the rear wheel arch has been made a wee bit larger. Apologies for the quality, as this was done by using only MS Paint and not Photoshop.
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-fordwtfiestalxsedans.jpg
I feel that the under-tyred look has vanished and the bulk of sheet metal at the rear feels lesser now But it looks a segment smaller too though

Quote:
Aha!
Fiesta, now with a hoffmeister kink!

I liked it earlier too, and i like this too!!

I dont mind that expanse of metal at all, buddy!
Thanks mayankk, actually its good to see that you don't mind the expanse of metal at all.

Last edited by 333 : 21st April 2011 at 14:57. Reason: additional qouting
333 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 14:47   #984
Distinguished - BHPian

Its looking like a mid gen honda city...
Old 21st April 2011, 14:50   #985
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

I like this design more than the new Verna. New Verna, for me, is a 'over done' work, just like their i10 beige interior or Verna transform front side.
Old 21st April 2011, 14:53   #986
BHPian

Nice paint job, though I would prefer the original to the modified any day.

The original has the natural convergence look for the rear door along with the quarter glass giving it a sporty look, whereas the modified looks abruptly ending. On the wheel arch I do not see any noticeable difference. Again IMO, it has nothing to do with the looks of Manza or Dzire.
Old 21st April 2011, 15:02   #987
Team-BHP Support

IMO, a sedan is a car that has been designed to look and function like a 3-box right from the start. More than half the sedans under the 10 lakh mark are all nothing but hatches that were later given the boot-treatment for our Indian market. None of these cars can ever look 'proper' IMO.

A car that was designed to be a hatch, should remain a hatch. a sedan that has 'acquired' a boot, will never appeal to me.

The NHC was nothing but a Jazz with a boot. The Dzire looks absolutely pathetic, and we all know that it started life as a Swift. The Indica and the Indido is so straightforward, you might even get confused! The Ikon was the euro-spec Fiesta with a boot. Heck, even the Esteem was a hatch (Swift in some markets and the Subaru Justy in others). The VW Vento's boot has been integrated well, but when you take a look at it from the front and then go round to the back, it doesn't look right at all. The (old-gen) Jetta, as some of you'll might know, is a Golf with a boot. I never liked the Jetta. It has 'hatch-with-a-boot' plastered all over it.

The only exception to this is, of course, the Linea, which is a Punto when you peel off the exterior. I'd say that it isn't a bad job at all. You do see bits of the Punto in the Linea's design, but it looks like a whole new car. Fiat has done a good job of starting-from-scratch with the Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
This is my crude interpretation of what I have been trying to convey about the high belt line of the NFS.
That's good work. But now, it looks like an Indigo. I see you've given it a slightly deeper glass-area as well.
Old 21st April 2011, 15:10   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
IMO, a sedan is a car that has been designed to look and function like a 3-box right from the start. More than half the sedans under the 10 lakh mark are all nothing but hatches that were later given the boot-treatment for our Indian market. None of these cars can ever look 'proper' IMO.

A car that was designed to be a hatch, should remain a hatch. a sedan that has 'acquired' a boot, will never appeal to me.

The NHC was nothing but a Jazz with a boot. The Dzire looks absolutely pathetic, and we all know that it started life as a Swift. The Indica and the Indido is so straightforward, you might even get confused! The Ikon was the euro-spec Fiesta with a boot. Heck, even the Esteem was a hatch (Swift in some markets and the Subaru Justy in others). The VW Vento's boot has been integrated well, but when you take a look at it from the front and then go round to the back, it doesn't look right at all. The (old-gen) Jetta, as some of you'll might know, is a Golf with a boot. I never liked the Jetta. It has 'hatch-with-a-boot' plastered all over it.

The only exception to this is, of course, the Linea, which is a Punto when you peel off the exterior. I'd say that it isn't a bad job at all. You do see bits of the Punto in the Linea's design, but it looks like a whole new car. Fiat has done a good job of starting-from-scratch with the Linea.

That's good work. But now, it looks like an Indigo. I see you've given it a slightly deeper glass-area as well.
I would like to add Nissan's global sedan (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-china-4.html) and the new Verna (Yes, NHV has a hatchback version for the US market! Check pictures of NY Auto Show. )
Old 21st April 2011, 15:22   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Its looking like a mid gen honda city...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Nice paint job, though I would prefer the original to the modified any day.

The original has the natural convergence look for the rear door along with the quarter glass giving it a sporty look, whereas the modified looks abruptly ending. On the wheel arch I do not see any noticeable difference. Again IMO, it has nothing to do with the looks of Manza or Dzire.
Quote:

Thanks for helping me drive home the point guys. The Fiesta sedan by itself is a commendable job by the designers, considering they were given a Fiesta hatch to design on. They had to retain things till the C pillar, which restricts their freedom a lot, and i think they have come up with a really good car. Any modification would make us feel its Indigo-like or City-like or Dezire-like.

Quote:

The NHC was nothing but a Jazz with a boot.
ANHC doesn't share even the front doors with the Jazz (Like Linea and Punto do) and one would not even think its derived from the hatch considering that it looks a proper sedan and that it has so much space inside and I think its a very good design work indeed. Wonder why you din't like it bro

Quote:
I would like to add Nissan's global sedan (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-china-4.html (PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China))) and the new Verna (Yes, NHV has a hatchback version for the US market! Check pictures of NY Auto Show. )
But I think in this case it was the Sedan that was intended and was designed first, from which the hatch was derived unlike our case point. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by 333 : 21st April 2011 at 15:27. Reason: Additional quote
Old 21st April 2011, 15:27   #990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
ANHC doesn't share even the front doors with the Jazz (Like Linea and Punto do) and one would not even think its derived from the hatch considering that it looks a proper sedan and that it has so much space inside and I think its a very good design work indeed. Wonder why you din't like it bro
I think he was referring to platform sharing....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks