Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:45   #1006
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Man, this wait is really killing me. Why in the world Ford unveiled the car without any information???

That too when Michael Bonham was speaking about the car, he used my name as an example of a common Indian commuter. Are all AJAY's getting any special discounts?

So all in all, I request to Ford to publish the details ASAP. I might be the first one in the queue for a diesel Fiesta.

BTW, I had registered on the Ford India website showing interest in Fiesta. I got a call from the Ford Chennai office, in less than 15 mins. The person speaking on the other was very professional and also knowledgeable. He spoke to me like my uncle () and was so much interested in selling the car to me. I LIKE THAT!
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:51   #1007
Distinguished - BHPian

Ajay, chill. I think you are not aware of the number of launches figo saw, nameplate, exterior, interior, media test drives, showroom displays, booking, pricing etc. Phew
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:27   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
That too when Michael Bonham was speaking about the car, he used my name as an example of a common Indian commuter. Are all AJAY's getting any special discounts?
This could really be a very innovative marketing strategy for sure. Sandeeps getting discounts on Figo and Ajays getting Discounts on the Fiesta!

All the people who had shown interest in the new Fiesta by registering online have received calls immediately and all of them seem to be impressed by the quality and the knowledge of the spokesperson unlike the response from Hyundai for Verna (many were complaining!) small things like these do count. Brownie points for Ford now
333 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:35   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
This could really be a very innovative marketing strategy for sure. Sandeeps getting discounts on Figo and Ajays getting Discounts on the Fiesta!
Dont think thats right, Sandeep was just a people centric marketing campaign. Dont think the people with name Sandeep got any discount at all.

I remember the new Fiesta had the marketing campaign centered around "May" in China.

Ajay seems to be a new thing, dont think Ford had formally adopted any such Centric marketing stunts yet for Fiesta.
Old 22nd April 2011, 14:32   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Dont think thats right, Sandeep was just a people centric marketing campaign. Dont think the people with name Sandeep got any discount at all.

I remember the new Fiesta had the marketing campaign centered around "May" in China.

Ajay seems to be a new thing, dont think Ford had formally adopted any such Centric marketing stunts yet for Fiesta.
Ya i knew it. Its just a wish now Sandeep was the target customer for Figo, they had mentioned some characteristics for Sandeep too, which I'm unable to recall now. Ajay too is a typical target customer for the Fiesta, "Ajay is a decent, well employed youth, who goes to malls and parties often and is very style conscious and makes a style statement with things he owns" or something similar to that was Ajay's description !
Old 22nd April 2011, 17:07   #1011
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Man, this wait is really killing me. Why in the world Ford unveiled the car without any information???
Well said. Went to Talera Ford today, they said that car information will come by June and will be on sale in July. Groan.
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:22   #1012
BANNED

I also got call from ford india regarding new ford fiesta.. But they don't have any clue about price.. They have collected all my information and telling that they will contact me once the prices are finalised.
Old 23rd April 2011, 13:09   #1013
R17
BHPian

@Mustang - Had a quick one for you - Its clear now that Ford is not planning to offer 6 airbags on the Fiesta as the launch website and the display car at Saket proves. Its also clear that the Verna RB will be offering the same. I do understand that product planning and specification happens months in advance to the launch and are concrete once finalized since the production runs begin.

However, is there any chance of Ford looking at the competition and thinking of offering this option now, considering the Fiesta's launch is barely a few weeks away ?
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:04   #1014
BHPian

The NFS would come with auto fold mirrors as an option. So will one be able to fold the mirrors from inside the car, while traversing tight spots, like in the Hyundai i20? That would be a very useful feature
Old 23rd April 2011, 17:27   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The NFS would come with auto fold mirrors as an option. So will one be able to fold the mirrors from inside the car, while traversing tight spots, like in the Hyundai i20? That would be a very useful feature
I asked one of the guys at the Select city Walk display & he said there was a switch for folding them. The Auto fold is activated when you activate the central locking from the key fob. The display model, however, was locked so couldn't verify the bit about the switch though
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 17:54   #1016
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
@Mustang -However, is there any chance of Ford looking at the competition and thinking of offering this option now, considering the Fiesta's launch is barely a few weeks away ?
No, Twin airbags will only be on offer. I do not think that the company will change their strategy at such a late stage.

Quote:
Yes, Auto-fold will be available through a switch also.
Mustang.101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 19:09   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes, Auto-fold will be available through a switch also.
You mean there will be a switch for folding the mirrors, not "auto-fold"

Now, a lot of people have been cribbing about the rear but (IMHO), its not bad at all, though may have looked better if the lamp cluster was larger -
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-22042011256.jpg

What really pissed us off yesterday was that the car was locked & hence couldn't check out the interior space!
Old 23rd April 2011, 19:13   #1018
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
You mean there will be a switch for folding the mirrors, not "auto-fold"

Now, a lot of people have been cribbing about the rear but (IMHO), its not bad at all, though may have looked better if the lamp cluster was larger -

What really pissed us off yesterday was that the car was locked & hence couldn't check out the interior space!
It is auto fold as well as through a switch. I do not lknow what nonsense they are doing at select citywalk, Sometimes they lock the car, sometimes they put the covers on. God knows what they are up to.

Do you know when the car was supposed to be unlocked?
Old 23rd April 2011, 19:30   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is auto fold as well as through a switch.
Yes, I know, I meant that the switch would fold it, not "auto" fold it

Quote:
Do you know when the car was supposed to be unlocked?
Well, I called up my contact at Harpreet Ford & cribbed about this - he then called me back an hour & fifteen minutes later (by which time we'd left Select City Walk already) to let me know that their Sales team had reached & the car would be opened up!

To be honest, I don't think they have any clue about how to go about it, nor is there any method to their madness. I did give the guys there a piece of my mind & some feedback - I told them that the Hyundai Verna will be launched shortly & Ford really need to get their act together by way of having at least a couple more display cars at prominent dealer showrooms so that potential customers could check out the basics by way of interior space etc. Else, they would be left sucking their thumbs while Hyundai would rake in the bookings, particularly for the mass of customers who are not Ford loyalists!

Last edited by suman : 23rd April 2011 at 19:35.
Old 23rd April 2011, 20:02   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Yes, I know, I meant that the switch would fold it, not "auto" fold it
What Mustang.101 was trying to convey is, the switch would open or close the OVRMs when the car is running. The mirrors would "auto fold" when the car is parked and then locked using the remote -If what i inferred from Mustang.101's post was right
Closed Thread

Most Viewed