Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 10:21   #1036
BANNED

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Here is how the Pull-Drift compensation works in the EPAS(Electronic Power Assist Steering) work. It is different from other manufacturers' in the way listed on this page.

How pull-drift compensation works - Ford Bets on Electric Power Steering - autoevolution

Note from Mod : Post edited. As we have already mentioned to you, since you are associated with Ford - please steer clear of posting anything that can be seen as marketing or publicity.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th April 2011 at 18:40. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:45   #1037
BHPian

Ford is indeed marketing their cars brilliantly.

This video above though is a Fan-speak, is still a Ford Ad at the end. They have got all sorts of Media covered.
You-tube, Facebook launch, mailing all Ford customers-or even those who have taken test drives and left their mail IDs with Ford.

Every other website has a Figo advertisement in it.
The TV ads were quite interesting as well, but haven't seen any lately.
Old 27th April 2011, 11:20   #1038
BHPian

Thats a very interesting technology for sure. And what about the plum coloured interior options and the Start/Stop button? Will they be offered as options on the highest model at least?
Old 27th April 2011, 13:02   #1039
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Thats a very interesting technology for sure. And what about the plum coloured interior options and the Start/Stop button? Will they be offered as options on the highest model at least?
No, The plum colored option will not be offered as of now.
Old 27th April 2011, 13:32   #1040
Distinguished - BHPian

Mustang.101 , I hope this new EAPS offer as much steering response as the IKON, Fiesta? I would really hope that Ford makes it even more fun, and not 'comfortable'.

Is that the case?. Please confirm.
Old 27th April 2011, 13:34   #1041
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Mustang.101 , I hope this new EAPS offer as much steering response as the IKON, Fiesta? I would really hope that Ford makes it even more fun, and not 'comfortable'.

Is that the case?. Please confirm.
Yes, The steering of the new car will offer you the same amount of feedback and fun as in the current fiesta. When the test drive vehicles are out then you can verify this for yourself. Never be shy to take a test drive .
Old 27th April 2011, 16:13   #1042
xPK
BHPian

Okay! Hyundai seems to have pulled their sleeves up to launch ANHV on 11th May (information available on ANHV thread).

Where's Ford? Or are they going to let the initial wind being stolen by AHNV?
One more thing I want to add is Ford seem to have advertizing Fiesta on Youtube, Facebook, emails, but what about TV? Also they aren't giving any hint of launch.
Old 27th April 2011, 18:21   #1043
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
Okay! Hyundai seems to have pulled their sleeves up to launch ANHV on 11th May (information available on ANHV thread).

Where's Ford? Or are they going to let the initial wind being stolen by AHNV?
One more thing I want to add is Ford seem to have advertizing Fiesta on Youtube, Facebook, emails, but what about TV? Also they aren't giving any hint of launch.
Ford will launch the Fiesta in June. TV ads will follow. I have heard some company rumors and you guys will be surprised when the pricing is announced. I am not disclosing anything as of now till I have some concrete information.

Btw i took this from wikipedia -

Quote:
Indian Launch
Ford Fiesta for the Indian market has been finalized in both sedan and hatchback versions. It was put on show on April 15th 2011 in a Delhi mall. The model on show was a TDCi 1.6 Fiesta Sedan but the variant was not disclosed. The top model is suppose to come with Bluetooth, Cruse control, Pull control, USB and SYNC as standard features.
Still, I do not think that the hatchback version has been finalized.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 27th April 2011 at 18:24.
Old 27th April 2011, 18:35   #1044
BHPian

Now that the space for a teaser website isn't there, as the Fiesta has been featured in the Ford's homepage itself. It would be interesting to see if Ford comes up with teaser ads on the TV. Hyundai has already started airing the Verna's teaser ad during IPL matches. Teaser ads are a good was to build curiosity among people who aren't used to visiting automotive websites much.
Old 27th April 2011, 18:41   #1045
Senior - BHPian

My friends are of the opinion that the test drives / bookings / test drives will start by last week of May and the deliveries of the cars will start rolling out from the first week of June.
I am hoping Ford does not start booking without telling the price / test drives. I hate when companies do that.

Quote:
Ford will launch the Fiesta in June. TV ads will follow. I have heard some company rumors and you guys will be surprised when the pricing is announced. I am not disclosing anything as of now till I have some concrete information.
I am really feeling you meant pleasently surprised, because in a way even Jazz's prices surprised many when it was launched but that was in a sad way..
Old 27th April 2011, 18:53   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am hoping Ford does not start booking without telling the price / test drives. I hate when companies do that.
Bookings have already started (at least in Delhi) - a fellow Tbhpian (Sugeeta) has deposited 50k (the amount being collected by Harpreet Ford) the day after the unveiling. It is mentioned earlier on in this thread (post the unveiling pictures).
Old 27th April 2011, 18:55   #1047
BHPian

Of course it would have to be a pleasant surprise! Hope Fiesta undercuts the Verna by quite a margin to give it a better advantage as many find the Verna better (on looks alone as other parameters have to be confirmed in person when the cars get launched) I am also crossing my fingers, hoping that the space in the Fiesta shouldn't be criticized as it was done with the Fiesta Classic :(
Old 27th April 2011, 19:21   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
And here is how the Pull-Drift compensation works in the EPAS(Electronic Power Assist Steering) work. It is different from other manufacturers' in the way listed on this page.

How pull-drift compensation works - Ford Bets on Electric Power Steering - autoevolution
Interesting adaptation of an age old aviation technology. In auto pilots of the old and new, there is a feature of the autopilot that, measures the forces you are applying on the aircraft controls to maintain a steady attitude/bank/direction and then, when engaged, maintains them without you having to exert the pressure. For steady cruising, gentle manoeuvring, it's very good. You never used it in situations requiring rapid manoeuvres because it detracts from the agility and responsiveness and the sluggishness may make for dangerous situations. Q: is the feature in the car made to operate on selection by the driver? if not, does it work all the time in all situations?
Old 27th April 2011, 19:29   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Of course it would have to be a pleasant surprise! Hope Fiesta undercuts the Verna by quite a margin
If I were on the lookout for a petrol motor Fiesta would definately be #1. Even if I had a to pay a premium of 1L over Verna.
But considering the fact that I need a diesel Variant the 200Nm Fiesta does not impress me. What is the point of handling for an enthusiast without enough power.
Old 27th April 2011, 19:30   #1050
BHPian

I have apprehensions regarding the 'Pull-drift Compensation' technology too. If say I've constant strong winds blowing from the left to the right, then the technology might be steering the car mildly to the left to compensate for this, then If I undertake a sudden lane change towards the right, the car might turn lesser than expected? Or if I change suddenly to the left lane, the car might turn more than expected? I request Mustang.101 to help me understand this part please

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
If I were on the lookout for a petrol motor Fiesta would definately be #1. Even if I had a to pay a premium of 1L over Verna.
But considering the fact that I need a diesel Variant the 200Nm Fiesta does not impress me. What is the point of handling for an enthusiast without enough power.
When driven at a moderate pace, the Fiesta might engage you and make you feel far more involved and happier and safer too. Outright performance on a straight road is where the Verna might impress. The Figo with 15 bhp lesser than the Swift emerged victorious by beating the Swift by a full 2 seconds on the track test conducted by a magazine. (Either Overdrive or ACI, I'll try to post the picture of this article if someone needs it) Such is the importance of Handling boss

Last edited by 333 : 27th April 2011 at 19:35.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks