Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2011, 14:58   #1171
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Thats really cool I am just wondering about the phone controls, Say i ask the system to make a call to 'X' and there are more than 5 entries matching, Will it show up the list of entries matched and ask us to choose from the same ?. What if more than 5 entries which can't be shown on one screen ?. Should we have to press a scroll button on the steering or the do we command 'Scroll' to the system. Just curious on how its been designed.
Old 8th May 2011, 17:30   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Thats really cool I am just wondering about the phone controls, Say i ask the system to make a call to 'X' and there are more than 5 entries matching, Will it show up the list of entries matched and ask us to choose from the same ?. What if more than 5 entries which can't be shown on one screen ?. Should we have to press a scroll button on the steering or the do we command 'Scroll' to the system. Just curious on how its been designed.
Kimified generally the system should prompt for multiple options. e.g. : in FIAT Blue& Me system, the lady asks for call at Home or on Mobile? assuming the numbers are stored with those labels, if they are stored with Mobile label, then she will ask call Mobile one or mobile 2 where as the MID shows the number thats being dialed.
Old 8th May 2011, 17:48   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Will the Fiesta read out the messages received in the bluetooth paired phone as well?! Or maybe I could say "Read it" and then it could read it for me! Now this Fiesta is going to make lazy guys like me even more lazy
Old 8th May 2011, 17:57   #1174
BANNED

Quote:
Yes the system will ask you every time when it detects multiple options.
Old 8th May 2011, 23:48   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Kimified generally the system should prompt for multiple options. e.g. : in FIAT Blue& Me system, the lady asks for call at Home or on Mobile? assuming the numbers are stored with those labels, if they are stored with Mobile label, then she will ask call Mobile one or mobile 2 where as the MID shows the number thats being dialed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes the system will ask you every time when it detects multiple options.
Thanks for the clarification. But what happens when i command "call Abhishek", and i have 10 names of people with Abhishek has the first name ? Say If it shows up the first 5 names on the screen and asks us to choose, i want to dial the 9th guy on the list, then ? Should i have to command "Scroll" to see the entire list or is there a manual button to scroll through the list and then command "9" ?. Sorry if i am sounding a bit confusing
Old 9th May 2011, 07:53   #1176
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. But what happens when i command "call Abhishek", and i have 10 names of people with Abhishek has the first name ? Say If it shows up the first 5 names on the screen and asks us to choose, i want to dial the 9th guy on the list, then ? Should i have to command "Scroll" to see the entire list or is there a manual button to scroll through the list and then command "9" ?. Sorry if i am sounding a bit confusing
It will ask you to specify which Abhishek. It will say multiple options are there and then you will have to give another voice command saying the full name (or as displayed on your phone's contact list) of the Abhishek you wan't to call.
Old 9th May 2011, 08:57   #1177
BHPian

For the last few days i'm recieving mails from Ford about the new fiesta, that is is launched etc etc

I find it very funny about Ford that they launch the car, put it on their website, send mails... all communication but nothing about the pricing and delivery of the car.

Does anyone here know as to when will it be ready for deliveries and when will we get to know the prices of different models
Old 9th May 2011, 09:17   #1178
Senior - BHPian

This is a really cool feature. True. But still I would prefer increasing the fan speed or changing the track manually, rather than press the button, stop the song being played and give out the command. But it would be a cool feature to flaunt it in front of my friends for sure though
Old 9th May 2011, 09:41   #1179
BHPian

All the features sound cool, but IMHO the dash design is overdone a bit. I dont like the Micra dash for the same reason. The design of the Vento and new Verna dash appeal to me a lot more. However, having driven the Fiesta S, i dont think i can go back to either of those cars and have the same smile on my face when driving them :/

Also the engines in the new Fiesta should be a hoot to drive. The same responsive 1.6 motor, but now with VVT(so hopefully it'll rev even better!) and according to Mustang, the diesel with even less turbolag than the existing 1.4. The in-gear timings, ie 20-80 in 3rd and 40-100 in 4th of the new Verna show that the turbolag is still quite bad. The Vento is far better and the Fiesta diesel should be able to match it i guess
Old 9th May 2011, 09:50   #1180
Senior - BHPian

The engines and entertaining handling are definitely things to look forward to. But I personally love the interiors of the new Fiesta. It stands out in the segment for sure. But the design of the dash board would not let me change the OE head unit of the music system. The music system better be very good then, to satisfy most needs! Drivability should match or even better the Vento with close to zero turbo lag. Verna for would be out classed in this parameter easily
Old 9th May 2011, 10:29   #1181
BHPian

Yesterday, I saw 2 New Silver Fiestas on the Bangalore Mysore highway.
They both had registration plates on them.
They looked pretty OKAY to me as they wore a silver look.

My Wife however was very please on seeing those. Great looks she said
Old 9th May 2011, 10:59   #1182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
This is a really cool feature. True. But still I would prefer increasing the fan speed or changing the track manually, rather than press the button, stop the song being played and give out the command. But it would be a cool feature to flaunt it in front of my friends for sure though
You can still operate the knobs manually if you do not wan' to use the voice controls.
Old 9th May 2011, 11:31   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Yesterday, I saw 2 New Silver Fiestas on the Bangalore Mysore highway.
They both had registration plates on them.
They looked pretty OKAY to me as they wore a silver look.

My Wife however was very please on seeing those. Great looks she said
The most difficult thing is to understand the point of view or 'wives'.. the other day my friend's wife said she likes the Hyundai Accent looks compared to Fiesta 1.6S that i have
Old 9th May 2011, 12:10   #1184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
The most difficult thing is to understand the point of view or 'wives'.. the other day my friend's wife said she likes the Hyundai Accent looks compared to Fiesta 1.6S that i have
agreed, but as my mom and wife put it in comparison very succinctly ,"why do those two stillettos look the same to you?"

I do not explain differences in visual dynamics of cars to them anymore...
Old 9th May 2011, 12:32   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Most women find cars of the same type similar, my mom calls all small hatches as Santro, bigger hatches as Swift and sedans as Accent or Honda City But she now identifies the new Verna and new Fiesta. So its definite step up in terms of design for both these cars, at least according to my mom
Closed Thread

Most Viewed