Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:24   #1321
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Well then, the length of the car is not a direct measure either. The Linea is as long as they come but that doesn't translate to class best legroom at all. Similarly, the Etios isn't exactly 'long' but you still have excellent legroom. Overall length of the car can only be used as a guiding factor at best.

Rear seat comfort is dependent on various factors - legroom, headroom, under thigh support, seat back angle, width of seats, transmission tunnel, quality of the seat material, shape of the seat, height of the seats and so on. Let's wait till we have a ride in the rear seat to decide on how good it actually is.
Of course. My statement was only in response to Mustang's post. I was comparing the length of the new fiesta to the old fiesta and its pretty much the same size. So i dont expect the legroom to improve much, if it all.
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:49   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well then, the length of the car is not a direct measure either. The Linea is as long as they come but that doesn't translate to class best legroom at all. Similarly, the Etios isn't exactly 'long' but you still have excellent legroom. Overall length of the car can only be used as a guiding factor at best.

Rear seat comfort is dependent on various factors - legroom, headroom, under thigh support, seat back angle, width of seats, transmission tunnel, quality of the seat material, shape of the seat, height of the seats and so on. Let's wait till we have a ride in the rear seat to decide on how good it actually is.
My impression is that the actual legroom comfort is more related to the cabin height and the wheelbase.

Cabin height allows for a more vertical seating position and allows for more space under the front seat.

Wheelbase allows for a bigger useable cabin (front to back distance).
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:59   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes when the 4 tires won out then you just buy a set of 4 tires and keep sing the spare as a spare. I know ubber quality deteriorates over time but then again you are not using it as a regular tire, you are just using it for 5-10 kms till one gets the puncture done up. It saves you more money also.

Tire upsizing wont be a problem in the new fiesta as the oveall tyre diameter does remain almost the same.
why wait for 4 tires to worn out? Why not rotate and use. The point here using all the tiers. we are not talking about stock sizing.

Lets say crazy guy (manyof us) want to go for wider tire in 16", no managing corresponding equivalent tire for spare is issue!

This is not a issue with Fiesta or Ford, In general most OEM do the same. But Ford could have mitigated this by looking at their competition (read Hyundai & Maruti), could taken a lead. When we have requirement for spare tires (thanks to our roads), why not make it same size? It will add to cost, but not sure how many will complain. Otherwise why would SX4, new Verna will come with Full size alloy!
Old 23rd May 2011, 19:31   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Guys who are bothered about the leg room because the new Fiesta isn't much longer than the Fiesta Classic need to consider the cab forward design of the new car, also the advancement in packaging technology Ford would have learnt, in over 4 years. Lets experience the car in person before commenting guys
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:02   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Guys, this interesting article from indianautosblog reports a confirmed July first week launch! And whats more? Display vehicles will be available in showrooms next month onwards! But no test drives until launch I guess.
http://indianautosblog.com/2011/05/n...-comes-in-july

Last edited by aravind.anand : 23rd May 2011 at 20:02. Reason: forgot the link :D
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:03   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Guys, this interesting article from indianautosblog reports a confirmed July first week launch! And whats more? Display vehicles will be available in showrooms next month onwards! But no test drives until launch I guess.
New Ford Fiesta comes in July? | Indian Autos blog
Launch on July 2011?. I was under the impression that it would be launched on June 2011 & deliveries would be from July'11. I made the booking of Fiesta today & already started to count the days for delivery. No test drives till July 2011
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:37   #1327
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Launch on July 2011?. I was under the impression that it would be launched on June 2011 & deliveries would be from July'11. I made the booking of Fiesta today & already started to count the days for delivery. No test drives till July 2011
I inquired with the Ford showroom close to home, and they confirmed the car launch in July. However, they did say the display car will be available from last week of May or first week of June. The booking amount could be as low as 25k

But there was funny statement b the salesperson, which i haven't been able to get over. He said the technology used in the car was at par with Civics and Cruzes Dont know how to take this, hope they don't end up pricing one like them!
Old 24th May 2011, 00:32   #1328
BANNED

I am more concerned about thigh support than leg room. I feel new fiesta is too good in that department. For long distance comfort tight support is more important than leg room. My father’s Lancer Cedia has got lot of leg room but lacks good thigh support. Thigh support is worst than our old Ford ikon 1.6. My family prefer ikon's back seat compared to cedia for long journeys.
Old 24th May 2011, 00:46   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I made the booking of Fiesta today & already started to count the days for delivery. No test drives till July 2011
They are taking bookings in Chennai already? What was the booking amount?
Old 24th May 2011, 06:46   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
display car will be available from last week of May or first week of June
I wanted to test drive this car as well read the TR here in TBHP. If its another 40 more days to even test drive the car, definitely Verna is going to take advantage in this competition (if any)

Hope they do not launch the car in July 2011 & say deliveries will happen from August 2011

Quote:
They are taking bookings in Chennai already? What was the booking amount?
As per the dealer input, their showroom is getting closer to number 50. Iam wondering what would be the overall booking to Ford. I paid Rs.50k as advance. But SE is confident that variants/pricing/colors options will be available from June 1-7, 2011 & deliveries would start from July 2011.

Last edited by Surprise : 24th May 2011 at 06:48.
Old 24th May 2011, 09:18   #1331
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Ford has started its move to get prospective buyers and current owners interested.
Just got an email from them about voting for an amateur voting contest of pictures of the new Ford Fiesta. These photos have been uploaded on flickr: All-New Ford Fiesta India Photo Contest - a set on Flickr

Interestingly, out of all the pics I could see, I only saw 2 pics of the back side. Ford should take this as a hint and bring in the U.S. version if at all possible.

Last edited by lamborghini : 24th May 2011 at 09:22.
Old 24th May 2011, 09:27   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Learnt that Fiesta uses the same underpinnings as the Mazda 2. So it should be very good in the handling department.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:06   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
why wait for 4 tires to worn out? Why not rotate and use. The point here using all the tiers. we are not talking about stock sizing.

Lets say crazy guy (manyof us) want to go for wider tire in 16", no managing corresponding equivalent tire for spare is issue!

This is not a issue with Fiesta or Ford, In general most OEM do the same. But Ford could have mitigated this by looking at their competition (read Hyundai & Maruti), could taken a lead. When we have requirement for spare tires (thanks to our roads), why not make it same size? It will add to cost, but not sure how many will complain. Otherwise why would SX4, new Verna will come with Full size alloy!
I'm a strong supporter of this view. When I bought my Fiesta, I was disappointed that Ford provided only 4 alloy wheels, unlike the NHC that gave 5.

I even wanted to buy the 5th alloy, but the dealer told me that an alloy stepney won't sit tight in the boot as it protrudes out a bit.

I also banged the dealer when he carried out a 4-wheel rotation at 9000 kms. On my inisistence, they did a 5-wheel rotation when the odo read 16000 kms. Even then, I could make out that the new wheel at the left rear had a minor impact on the way the car drove for around 1000 kms.

If Ford was endorsing a 4-wheel rotation, why do they have diagrams of 5-wheel rotation in the car manual?

@lamborghini---I too got that email, and some of the photos look real good. But I wonder why Ford did not give the fogs with the US design---the ones they have given look similar to the newer models of the current Fiesta, and can easily get damaged.

Last edited by vnabhi : 24th May 2011 at 11:08.
Old 24th May 2011, 20:47   #1334
Senior - BHPian

So hopefully the article from indianautosblog would be proved wrong by Ford If the pricing, variants and colors would be available from June 1st week, then I think the car would be launched in June first week with deliveries beginning from July! So TDs will be on from June too. Hurray!!!
Old 25th May 2011, 12:56   #1335
BHPian

Had registered myself in Ford's website for more news about the new Fiesta, I get this following e-mail from them:

"Thanks so much for taking the time to visit our website.

Keep an eye on your inbox over the coming weeks, as we keep you up to date on all the exciting things happening in the world of Ford, including events, competitions and vehicle launches.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Ford family sometime soon."

Today morning I get a call from them asking me what car I currently drive and told me that the new car will come with Bluetooth, aux port and powerful and fuel efficient petrol/diesel engines, and they told me they will keep me updated.

I like the way they are marketing the car, they are making the customer feel on top. Way to go Ford
Closed Thread

Most Viewed