Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 13:01   #1336
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Today morning I get a call from them asking me what car I currently drive and told me that the new car will come with Bluetooth, aux port and powerful and fuel efficient petrol/diesel engines, and they told me they will keep me updated.

I like the way they are marketing the car, they are making the customer feel on top. Way to go Ford
Good move by Ford, but they should start bookings faster, as people are getting impatient.

By the way, you should have told them that you were a T-bhp member, and that you can educate them on what features the car has.
Old 25th May 2011, 13:30   #1337
BHPian

One of my friends has a Ford Figo Diesel, for the first few months it was so smooth I could hardly feel it was a diesel car. Ofcourse not as smooth the new hyundai verna but still it was pretty smooth. But after 4 months or around 8000 kms his car started vibrating now it feels like one of the old diesel cars. Do you guys have any idea or reports/feedback from anywhere on the diesel engine in the new fiesta. I'm just hope it doesnt react the same way as the Figo.
Old 25th May 2011, 17:47   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
One of my friends has a Ford Figo Diesel, for the first few months it was so smooth I could hardly feel it was a diesel car. Ofcourse not as smooth the new hyundai verna but still it was pretty smooth. But after 4 months or around 8000 kms his car started vibrating now it feels like one of the old diesel cars. Do you guys have any idea or reports/feedback from anywhere on the diesel engine in the new fiesta. I'm just hope it doesnt react the same way as the Figo.
As we don't know about the manner in which the particular car was used or rather abused, or the way the car has been driven, the way it had been maintained, we cannot jump into conclusions that Ford's diesel engines are not reliable or smooth. I have seen many Fiestas with around 100k kms on clock, but still smooth.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 21:12   #1339
BHPian

Today i happened to Meet a Ford sales guy and he said they would be launching only the petrol initially and after a couple of days or after a month they will launch diesel.

He is saying that the mileage of Petrol is amazing.

Mustang any update on these two points?
Old 25th May 2011, 22:32   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Today i happened to Meet a Ford sales guy and he said they would be launching only the petrol initially and after a couple of days or after a month they will launch diesel.

The sales clearly was joking I dont think Ford has any valid reasons to do so. Especially since the new Verna is stealing the show in the segment and with petrol hovering about 66-67 per litre, its really silly for the salesman to have made such comments.
Old 25th May 2011, 22:37   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
As we don't know about the manner in which the particular car was used or rather abused, or the way the car has been driven, the way it had been maintained, we cannot jump into conclusions that Ford's diesel engines are not reliable or smooth. I have seen many Fiestas with around 100k kms on clock, but still smooth.
Well, though the Ikon(obsolete now), Fiesta and the Figo share the same mill, it's the Figo that reports most issues. Clear case of massive cost cutting and QC lapse. Even the panel gaps are gaping wide, especially near the hatch door. The tail-lamps and bumpers are also wafer thin.
Old 26th May 2011, 00:28   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Well, though the Ikon(obsolete now), Fiesta and the Figo share the same mill, it's the Figo that reports most issues. Clear case of massive cost cutting and QC lapse. Even the panel gaps are gaping wide, especially near the hatch door. The tail-lamps and bumpers are also wafer thin.
How does one cut costs in an engine? And please don't call the Figo's rear bumper a bumper! Its the plastic bar above the number plate housing that looks like will get hit first if the Figo were to hit an object like a wall or a vertical post! Though panel gaps are a result of cost cutting, I don't think they could've cut costs inside the engine. Maybe sound proofing material's quality could have been skimped on the Figo, making it noisier as days pass by.
Old 26th May 2011, 00:50   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Well he has been driving for more than 20 years now and I think he has a better idea about car specially better than me. The reason I tell you this is because I've seen him telling mechanics what to do, when the mechanic didnt knew what to do. Anyway I hope he hit a tree or something and thats why the ford's diesel engine is not smooth after 4 months. I mention hitting (accident) because I dont think it has anything to do with bad driving which probably will result in screwed up suspension or tires but not the engine. The reason for all this faith is because I'm interested in buying the new fiesta.
Old 26th May 2011, 01:23   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Surprise - Congratulations on booking the new fiesta. I have been following your decision making process from the vento and verna threads. Honestly, if ford had lauched/confirmed plans to launch the hatch version of new fiesta, this decision would be a no brainer for me too. I absolutely love the new fiesta hatch and am very disappointed ford isnt offering it for us. All the best and keep us posted on the developments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

As per the dealer input, their showroom is getting closer to number 50. Iam wondering what would be the overall booking to Ford. I paid Rs.50k as advance. But SE is confident that variants/pricing/colors options will be available from June 1-7, 2011 & deliveries would start from July 2011.
Old 26th May 2011, 07:33   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does one cut costs in an engine?
By sourcing components from different vendors? And you got to accept the fact that the Figo's TDCi has got the most number of complaints among the whole lot of Fiestas, Figos and Ikons over here.
Old 26th May 2011, 08:37   #1346
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post

Both will be launch together as per me. Even the display car at select city walk mall is a 1.6 TDCi.
Old 26th May 2011, 12:34   #1347
BHPian

After close to a month it feels good to log onto T-BHP again. Spent close to a month in and out of various hospitals while I sought 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions to what seemed to a killer problem but was not. Things under control and I will live. I jokingly told the doctors that I will not let my car booking go waste, so here I am !!

On a more serious note, Ford will be giving my car in July, as per them.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 14:04   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
After close to a month it feels good to log onto T-BHP again. Spent close to a month in and out of various hospitals while I sought 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions to what seemed to a killer problem but was not. Things under control and I will live. I jokingly told the doctors that I will not let my car booking go waste, so here I am !!

Gr8 news! All the best with your health. Ford family would want to miss out on its member when they launch successful car in India. We t-Bhpians too don't want to missout on you!

Keep posting your Gyan here.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 14:22   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Surprise - Congratulations on booking the new fiesta. I have been following your decision making process from the vento and verna threads. Honestly, if ford had lauched/confirmed plans to launch the hatch version of new fiesta, this decision would be a no brainer for me too. I absolutely love the new fiesta hatch and am very disappointed ford isnt offering it for us. All the best and keep us posted on the developments.
Thanks Bala. Personally what I miss in both the cars i.e Vento and Verna, are okay'ish for me with Fiesta. The short test drive I took on the existing diesel Fiesta aggravated my dislike towards super smooth steering. Mustang.101 has indicated that new fiesta steering feedback is not as good as the old one, but did not let you down. That's one good news. He ranked the new fiesta driving experience better that the existing one I wanted to decide on one car quickly & these points helped me to book one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Same story here, delivery by First week of July 2011.

Last edited by Surprise : 26th May 2011 at 14:26.
Old 26th May 2011, 15:30   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Gr8 news! All the best with your health. Ford family would want to miss out on its member when they launch successful car in India. We t-Bhpians too don't want to missout on you!

Keep posting your Gyan here.
Thanks for your kind words RaghuHolla.

Good learning experience for all of us who take our lives for granted.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed