Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2011, 21:20   #1366
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

I agree completely with Surprise If Ford gave out a launch date, say June 25th or something, potential buyers in the segment would wait before making their decision. Ford will now lose many potential customers who aren't bhp-ians
Old 28th May 2011, 21:33   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Arpit Garage: New Ford Fiesta 2011 India (New premium Global Fiesta in India)

Quote:
The only sad part in the interior was rear leg room. This Fiesta sedan is based on Fiesta Hatch which will be launched in India in 2012. The wheelbase of Sedan and hatch are same, which means that even legroom in both the cars will be similar too. Small windows at rear give claustrophobic feeling too.
Figo offers very decent rear space...hope NFS will have minimum of that space

Quote:
It is needless to write that ride and handling of Fiesta is excellent. Superb ride and handling is encrypted on Ford DNA. New Fiesta chassis is even stiffer, which gives freedom to maneuver the vehicle at high speeds. The body roll is quite under control. Steering is electronically powered and is quick in response. The stiffer chassis will surely be comforting its passengers even on worst Indian roads.
Going by the indications on pricing in earlier pages, even with a Pete's box inclusion, the prices will still stay in the range of ANHV & Vento

Hope Ford introduces different eye catchy colors. Liked this very much
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-fiesta-color.jpg  

Old 28th May 2011, 21:38   #1368
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Arpit Garage: New Ford Fiesta 2011 India (New premium Global Fiesta in India)

Figo offers very decent rear space...hope NFS will have minimum of that space

Going by the indications on pricing in earlier pages, even with a Pete's box inclusion, the prices will still stay in the range of ANHV & Vento

Hope Ford introduces different eye catchy colors. Liked this very much
Hi Surprise,

Read those quotes that you posted from that site carefully, it is obvious that the author of that review has not even sat in the new fiesta, let alone drive it.

He uses phrases like "it is expected" and "It should". Signs that he is actually making assumptions, Wait for the team-bhp review to get a clear perspective.
Mustang.101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 21:48   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Hi Surprise,
Read those quotes that you posted from that site carefully, it is obvious that the author of that review has not even sat in the new fiesta, let alone drive it.
He uses phrases like "it is expected" and "It should". Signs that he is actually making assumptions, Wait for the team-bhp review to get a clear perspective.

Quote:
I was thrilled after receiving an invitation form local ford showroom to visit the new Ford Fiesta, test drive it and let them know my honest opinion about the car, just a day prior to its launch.
Agree with you that nothing beats the review at TBHP
Old 28th May 2011, 22:09   #1370
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Agree with you that nothing beats the review at TBHP
No local ford showroom has received the car till date so forget about that guy taking a test drive. He is clearly lying. Anyways lets wait for the TBHP review.
Old 29th May 2011, 11:44   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Me too have and ikon 1.6 to swap for new ford fiesta 1.6 TDCi . Waiting for a test ride to finalize my decision.
Actually, I think Ford does have a program for this: the exchange bonus.

When I bought my 1.6S in July 2010, Metro Ford offered Rs. 2.1 lakhs straight off (i.e., without my bargaining) for my 2004 Ikon 1.6 in exchange value. I didn't trade it in then because my son wanted the Ikon. His wife has a TDCi Ikon and he's given the Ikon 1.6 back to me as he was feeling the pinch of petrol costs.

(Yessir, that makes us a 3 Ford family, 4 if I include my Mom's new Figo! My son is home today with us, and the sight of 2 Ikons and 1 Fiesta S in our garage makes my eyes wet...)

Sorry for the digression! When I asked Metro again if they'd take the Ikon in, the price was Rs. 1.6 lakhs. Reason quoted: "Ikon is discontinued now and also direct sale is less price. But buy another Ford in exchange and we'll still give you a better price as an exchange bonus".

I paid, IIRC, Rs. 15k more for the Fiesta by itself as compared to the quote with Ikon exchange included.

So, perhaps you will get a reduced price for the new Fiesta as an Ikon owner, and if you trade it in, you'll get a much better resale on the old car. So a loyalty discount will be given, in two different routes. Well anyway, that's what I think, but I could be wrong.

BTW, I didn't check the used car market prices at all, so I don't know if Metro gave me a special offer at Rs. 2.1 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
It would be better if Ford came out with the launch and delivery dates now, so much speculation! uff! And I don't understand how they expect customers to book a car without knowing the variants or pricing, let alone driving or feeling the car in person.
Rather coincidentally and ironically, I came across this quote a few days ago:

'You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do'.
Henry Ford

Ford India, take heed of your founder's words, your loyal customers are losing patience!
Old 29th May 2011, 13:34   #1372
BHPian

The all new fiesta looks cool and sporty. A dealership in chennai has a new fiesta. Just saw that while passing by that place. I am sure this is going to sell if positioned well. make it VFM like the figo and another hot selling cake in the ford 'bakery'.

But I think the fluidic verna is bigger than the fiesta (from what I saw. I cannot confirm though).

In another thread on figo, gemi has said he does not feel road presence in his figo, I have a feeling that the AN fiesta is also going to face similar issues.

And at the front the fiesta is striking. Absolute stunner. I do not like the sad looking grill on any of the new hyundais.

Space wise I am sure fiesta space should be adequate.
But Verna has miles of space in the rear. BUT, in this segment people look for rear bench space.

Another thing that needs to be seen is the EPS in the new fiesta. Presuming that would be league below the hydraulic PS in feel and feedback. Verna is similar. No feedback at all.

I am waiting for this Fiesta. Lots of people are waiting too.
Please do not delay it.
Why the delay ford ?
Old 29th May 2011, 14:49   #1373
oss
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the tbhp review.

MODS: Have we got the car already for review? Any dates indicated by Ford?
Old 29th May 2011, 16:21   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Me too have and ikon 1.6 to swap for new ford fiesta 1.6 TDCi . Waiting for a test ride to finalize my decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Actually, I think Ford does have a program for this: the exchange bonus.

When I bought my 1.6S in July 2010, Metro Ford offered Rs. 2.1 lakhs straight off (i.e., without my bargaining) for my 2004 Ikon 1.6 in exchange value.

Sorry for the digression! When I asked Metro again if they'd take the Ikon in, the price was Rs. 1.6 lakhs. Reason quoted: "Ikon is discontinued now and also direct sale is less price. But buy another Ford in exchange and we'll still give you a better price as an exchange bonus".
Quote:
BTW, I didn't check the used car market prices at all, so I don't know if Metro gave me a special offer at Rs. 2.1 lakhs.
My impression about exchange bonuses is that do something like this - Offer 20k for the older car and then give a 10k bonus.

My experience has been that one gets the least value for ones car when sold via an exchange offer from a new car dealership (though maximum convenience). One gets a better price from used car dealers (with moderate convenience). And one gets the best price if sold directly to the end user via newspaper advertizements etc. (most tedious route).

Will not get into further details here as it is quite OT.
---------
About Ford not releasing further details or launch dates may be because they may themselves be a bit unsure after the overwhelming response to the New Verna. They may be waiting for the euphoria to die down a bit and then decide on how to price and promote the car. Their vision would be a bit beyond the immediate potential buyers and they may be focusing more on how the car fares over the next few years. On how it may work for the company as a whole.
Old 29th May 2011, 18:42   #1375
BHPian

While chatting with my SA during the 2nd service of my Figo, he told that they have a 2 day training program for the new Fiesta starting June 18th. He said normally a car launches within 1-2 weeks of such a training.

So we can expect it to be out by 3rd week of June
Old 29th May 2011, 21:28   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
While chatting with my SA during the 2nd service of my Figo, he told that they have a 2 day training program for the new Fiesta starting June 18th. He said normally a car launches within 1-2 weeks of such a training.

So we can expect it to be out by 3rd week of June
3rd week of June 2011?? So almost a month for the TD report at TBHP :(

Hope atleast they start the deliveries effective first week of July 2011 & not push it to August 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
They may be waiting for the euphoria to die down a bit and then decide on how to price and promote the car. Their vision would be a bit beyond the immediate potential buyers and they may be focusing more on how the car fares over the next few years. On how it may work for the company as a whole.
I don't think there is much of connection between deciding on pricing & waiting for euphoria to die down. I guess there may be minimal flexibility in terms of determining the price based on market situation. Hence it should not be very tough to decide on that & immediate potential buyers are important to gain the initial momentum.

Last edited by Surprise : 29th May 2011 at 21:29.
Old 29th May 2011, 21:39   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
They may be waiting for the euphoria to die down a bit and then decide on how to price and promote the car..
I think Fiesta is a car that Ford is hoping to cash on. Also going to be a model/name that they are going to for a long time.
So they will have to consider a lot of things before they price this beauty lest they damage the name due to hasty pricing;
they must have put at least a few people in confusion for now with their unveiling timed along side the Verna launch. Smart ! Now lets hope they don't overplay it.
Old 30th May 2011, 09:49   #1378
BHPian

Went to Lathangi to check the classic for my pal. SA said new Fiesta will launch in July.
Old 30th May 2011, 11:39   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
About Ford not releasing further details or launch dates may be because they may themselves be a bit unsure after the overwhelming response to the New Verna. They may be waiting for the euphoria to die down a bit and then decide on how to price and promote the car. Their vision would be a bit beyond the immediate potential buyers and they may be focusing more on how the car fares over the next few years. On how it may work for the company as a whole.
Poitive,

Ford India has a plan and a schedule which is to launch the car end June and start selling in July. And this has nothing to do with the New Verna being launched or its success. They are sticking to their original schedule. Whatever we hear about pre/post-ponement are just rumours.
NoRules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 12:05   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Went to Lathangi to check the classic for my pal. SA said new Fiesta will launch in July.
I hope he meant the deliveries and not the launch as all other sources indicate a June launch with deliveries beginning from July
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks