Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 13:39   #1381
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

I've also enquired the same New Fiesta today from the Local Ford showroom & the SE replied that its launch will be probably by June-end or july-beginning.
Sales will immediately commence after its launch.
Expected pricing will be in the range of 9-11 lacs OTR for the diesel variant.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 16:36   #1382
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang.101- Any info about the dates or the number of variants or the list of standard features one can expect? Will the music system be standard as well?
Old 30th May 2011, 16:48   #1383
Team-BHP Support

My friend who happened to be in Delhi says that he saw the NF at some shopping mall (for display purpose). The dude who was accompanying the Car didn't divulge any pricing details.

Would pricing be on par with the new Verna for the diesel top end?
Old 30th May 2011, 18:08   #1384
Senior - BHPian

To be very frank, the thread is going like a Hindi soap opera, you check on the thread even after some two weeks, there is not much progress at all.
I had been a avid supporter of Ford, but the wait is just killing me, in fact I a feeling they are getting things wrong right from day one.

Shame on you Ford. You shouldnt have done all the marketing earlier, if there was no plan to launch later. It looks like a gimmick just to make sure the attention was caught from the Verna. But sorry you lost it altogether.
Old 30th May 2011, 18:10   #1385
BHPian

^
Sheel, the NF was (not sure if still it is) kept on display at Select CityWalk, Delhi. Even a fellow t-bhpian took pictures of it, you may find it on post #917.
iSpoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 20:04   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon
To be very frank, the thread is going like a Hindi soap opera, you check on the thread even after some two weeks, there is not much progress at all.
I had been a avid supporter of Ford, but the wait is just killing me, in fact I a feeling they are getting things wrong right from day one.

Shame on you Ford. You shouldnt have done all the marketing earlier, if there was no plan to launch later. It looks like a gimmick just to make sure the attention was caught from the Verna. But sorry you lost it altogether.
Though I agree to some extent on the frustration, I think this is probably a good strategy by ford in announcing the launch well in advance. Most people who are about to spend about ten lakhs would definitely wait to get another option before deciding on where to spend that amount. For people like us who follow this thread for every update, it is kind of a let down though.
Old 30th May 2011, 20:11   #1387
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
@Mustang.101- Any info about the dates or the number of variants or the list of standard features one can expect? Will the music system be standard as well?
Tomorrow i have an appointment with the dentist so i will get you some cool info on wednesday. I will get you something cool and concrete on wednesday. So wait till then.
Mustang.101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 20:49   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Agree 200%. But i would believe that it was a smart marketing move from Ford to get eyeballs and mindshare. It wont be fair to compare the cola wars but it was almost the same between a Verna and Fiesta in 8-9L (diesel) segment. I'm sure marketing team @ Ford would've pushed for it despite questions from all corners for pulling the stunt off successfully without negetive impacts. Lets accept the fact that they (marketing) are also dependant on other teams sticking to timelines. May be Mustang can tell us the real story sometime later and we all can laugh about it.
Old 30th May 2011, 21:42   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Tomorrow i have an appointment with the dentist so i will get you some cool info on wednesday. I will get you something cool and concrete on wednesday. So wait till then.
Obviously the high expectations are turning out this wait slowly into a frustrating experience. Good that at last you have given some life to the very demanding people out here

Personally for me the full rear view of NFS looks horrible, worse than the Verna F. But I hope the vehicle characteristics turns out to be best in the segment so that trade off is a cakewalk . I am waiting to see the car in flesh & TD here out at TBHP.
Old 30th May 2011, 21:49   #1390
BHPian

@Mustang.101 : Guess I shall be back again checking this thread on wednesday!

But all said and sone, I somehow agree with Xingamazon to a large extent... the wait is getting (check) has now become rather irritating. A stating price of 9 lacs for the diesel would actually be a turn off for me. All the same it would be interesting to see how they price the ANFS w.r.t. the Fiesta Classic.

As I said, shall surely check this thread again on Wednesday
Old 30th May 2011, 22:57   #1391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hurray! That is awesome news bro! Finally some good news for all of us! Does that mean, Ford would finalise the dates by Wednesday?
Old 30th May 2011, 23:58   #1392
BHPian

The launch apparently happens to be tomorrow, with a fashion show by designer Swapnil Shinde in Delhi. He is a friend of mine, so that's how i know this.
Old 31st May 2011, 02:20   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I don't think there is much of connection between deciding on pricing & waiting for euphoria to die down. I guess there may be minimal flexibility in terms of determining the price based on market situation. Hence it should not be very tough to decide on that & immediate potential buyers are important to gain the initial momentum.
As we all realize, India is a very price sensitive market. Any manufacturer, (especially in the A,B and C segments) willing to ignore that does it at it's own peril. Also timing one's moves in the market is important (unveiling the New Fiesta around the Verna launch).

The company may choose various pricing models, which could include some kind of an invitation pricing to start with. Or start with regular pricing itself. Or start with a premium, if one expects to pull it off.

My bigger point (probably not well conveyed) was that Ford may have a bigger plan (good or bad), to look beyond the frustration of people expressed in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Poitive,

Ford India has a plan and a schedule which is to launch the car end June and start selling in July. And this has nothing to do with the New Verna being launched or its success. They are sticking to their original schedule. Whatever we hear about pre/post-ponement are just rumours.
Quite possible. I expect that even that plan would be built keeping the Verna launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
I think Fiesta is a car that Ford is hoping to cash on. Also going to be a model/name that they are going to for a long time.
So they will have to consider a lot of things before they price this beauty lest they damage the name due to hasty pricing;
they must have put at least a few people in confusion for now with their unveiling timed along side the Verna launch. Smart ! Now lets hope they don't overplay it.
Totally agree mate. A good company is quick on it's feet and is willing to respond to what it observes of the market. My little point was that Ford may be doing the same, keeping what they observe from Verna's launch and success.
Old 31st May 2011, 07:14   #1394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Good one Mustang!
Why don't you change the dentist appt. to Wednesday, and break the cool news on Tuesday itself?
Old 31st May 2011, 09:20   #1395
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
The launch apparently happens to be tomorrow, with a fashion show by designer Swapnil Shinde in Delhi. He is a friend of mine, so that's how i know this.
On May 31 ie today you can watch the live stream of the Swapnil Shinde Fiesta inspired fashion show on the facebook page. But one thing is sure that the car will NOT be launched today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good one Mustang!
Why don't you change the dentist appt. to Wednesday, and break the cool news on Tuesday itself?
haha I wish i could. Time to loosen my pockets for greedy dentists.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks