Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:39   #1441
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Saw the car displayed yesterday at Select City Walk mall,saket. I always thought the car looked great but in fresh, it didn't seem all that spectacular. I even asked a couple of friends and they all agreed that it wasn't a great looking car.
The Verna looks tons better than the Fiesta.
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:21   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
...The delay might be because of couple of reasons -

1. They might be fine tuning the car and sorting out any small issues / niggles
2. They might be waiting for the initial excitement of Verna to come down so that the launch of NFS gets complete focus.

Or maybe they have completed all the fine-tuning and tweaking, and started production.

Since Ford management has repeatedly stressed on avoiding long waits for delivery after the Figo post-launch delivery issues, they may want to keep some numbers ready for the initial bookings estimates for the major variants. In that case, initial deliveries could start within 2-3 weeks bookings officially opening up, giving early bookers a very pleasant experience. Fingers crossed.
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:56   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
bookings officially opening up, giving early bookers a very pleasant experience.
Already the booking has started. The dealer with whom I had booked has crossed half century mark. Will there be an official opening?
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:15   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Saw the car displayed yesterday at Select City Walk mall,saket. I always thought the car looked great but in fresh, it didn't seem all that spectacular. I even asked a couple of friends and they all agreed that it wasn't a great looking car.
The Verna looks tons better than the Fiesta.
+1. Definitely, the Verna looks a whole lot better than the Fiesta. On road, the new Fiesta cannot stand close to it. Having said that, there are people who love Fiesta's stunning looks and the aggressive profile. To each his own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Already the booking has started. The dealer with whom I had booked has crossed half century mark. Will there be an official opening?
Yes, I know which dealer you are talking about as I heard the same thing when I went there for taking delivery of a friend's Figo.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:10   #1445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
+1. Definitely, the Verna looks a whole lot better than the Fiesta. On road, the new Fiesta cannot stand close to it. Having said that, there are people who love Fiesta's stunning looks and the aggressive profile. To each his own!
I didn't liked the looks of Verna initially, but after seeing the Fiesta, now RB looks attractive. Someone rightly pointed out that Dzire will get a "F" friend soon. The front portion of Fiesta is okay except that huge grill opening. Side profile of both the cars looks good. But there are certain photos in which NFS looks beautiful.

As you rightly pointed out to each its own ...

Edit: Figo's grill portion does not look that bad. Waiting to see the NFS in flesh

On cruise control here is one feedback. NFS has this feature & hope this will come handy for long drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machine View Post
And on this trip I realised, whoever invented "cruise-control" must have been DRIVING! If you do long drives must then this feature is awesome.

Hope you all find it useful!

Cheers
Link
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-verna-front.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-fiesta-front.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-verna-rear.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-fiesta-rear.jpg  

Last edited by Surprise : 3rd June 2011 at 22:25.
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:30   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Someone rightly pointed out that Dzire will get a "F" friend soon. The front portion of Fiesta is okay except that huge grill opening.
Though I agree with you on the rear of the Fiesta not looking good, I can't even imagine this being compared to the ugly Dzire. Sorry if I am hurting the sentiments of the owners, but I just cant imagine how Maruti-Suzuki had the guts and gumption to spoil a wonderful looking hatchback into an awful looking sedan.

Coming back to the Fiesta, again the hatch looks absolutely stunning from the rear while the sedan just manages to pass muster. IMO, slightly larger taillamps and less mass of metal between the rear windows and wheel arches would have made it look a lot better.
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:57   #1447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Though I agree with you on the rear of the Fiesta not looking good, I can't even imagine this being compared to the ugly Dzire. Sorry if I am hurting the sentiments of the owners, but I just cant imagine how Maruti-Suzuki had the guts and gumption to spoil a wonderful looking hatchback into an awful looking sedan.

Coming back to the Fiesta, again the hatch looks absolutely stunning from the rear while the sedan just manages to pass muster. IMO, slightly larger taillamps and less mass of metal between the rear windows and wheel arches would have made it look a lot better.
does anyone have a rear three quarter shot of the fiesta?
a bum shot from the tailpipe level, i dont think any car would look good/true at that angle.
Old 3rd June 2011, 23:06   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
does anyone have a rear three quarter shot of the fiesta?
a bum shot from the tailpipe level, i dont think any car would look good/true at that angle.
I have posted this elsewhere in this thread, but since you have specifically asked for the rear three-quarters, I am posting them again. I think this would give you an actual picture of how the new Fiesta looks from the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-5.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-6.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-7.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2011, 23:31   #1449
Senior - BHPian

From the rear three quarter, it looks decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
, i dont think any car would look good/true at that angle.
Agreed. Just check my favorites Vento rear & it does not translate the real looks at that angle
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-vwvento05.jpg  

Old 4th June 2011, 09:14   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Ford bookings have not started.

The dealers taking "bookings" are just dealers collecting some 'free float money'. 50 bookings for 50,000 each means 25Lacs of interest-free money for the dealer. The longer Ford takes to officially launch pricing and bookings, the longer dealers are going to enjoy this free money.

Ford (or any car maker) takes into account order priority/dates based on actual order entry by the dealer into the carmaker's systems. These 50 unofficial 'advance' orders will still have the same order date (first day of bookings if the dealer is efficient) as the real first 50 orders booked by another dealer that starts taking bookings when they really open.

So, it's best to see and test drive the car on first couple of days if you are really interested, and then place the order immediately if you like what you see. That'll get you the car as quickly as doing these unofficial advance bookings.

The actual variant ordered will often have a larger impact on delivery date.

Last edited by guptad42 : 4th June 2011 at 09:16. Reason: a small spelling mistake
guptad42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 18:10   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Ford India.

Caller reconfirmed my email ID & asked my pin code for verification. Checked with me, whether I am opting for petrol or diesel version. I got confused whether he is asking for the existing one or talking about the upcoming NFS.

He confirmed its about the new fiesta & launch will be in next 2 weeks. Added that I will receive an email from Ford with more details before the launch & my details will be forwarded to the nearest dealer.

When inquired about delivery, he says it will start within a week from the launch

PS: Dialed back that number & it goes to Ford India . July'11 first half looks like a possible date to have the car

Last edited by Surprise : 4th June 2011 at 18:33.
Old 4th June 2011, 18:37   #1452
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got a call from Ford India.

Caller reconfirmed my email ID & asked my pin code for verification. Checked with me, whether I am opting for petrol or diesel version. I got confused whether he is asking for the existing one or talking about the upcoming NFS.

He confirmed its about the new fiesta & launch will be in next 2 weeks. Added that I will receive an email from Ford with more details before the launch & my details will be forwarded to the nearest dealer.

When inquired about delivery, he says it will start within a week from the launch

PS: Dialed back that number & it goes to Ford India
Pretty cool. I kind of admire this newly found customer focus from Ford India. Starting from the Figo, they project an image of a very confident group of people, and have this kind of air that they know their customer well - starting from Mr. Michael Boneham, and all the way down.

Now, how the dealer deals with end product is a different story. Hope this so called delay is well spend in dealer and service personnel training as well.

So, you are opting for the petrol or diesel?

Edit: While typing this, I am watching a segment on Ford Mustang in NDTV Car & Bike show. Coincidence has its way!!

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th June 2011 at 18:40. Reason: Extra note added
Old 5th June 2011, 01:02   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't liked the looks of Verna initially, but after seeing the Fiesta, now RB looks attractive. Someone rightly pointed out that Dzire will get a "F" friend soon. The front portion of Fiesta is okay except that huge grill opening. Side profile of both the cars looks good. But there are certain photos in which NFS looks beautiful.

As you rightly pointed out to each its own ...
True. To each his own.

For me:
Front: City (Mk3)>Fiesta>Verna
Rear: Verna>Verna>Fiesta> > City
Side: All 3 look rather good. But if one had to choose it would be Verna>Fiesta>City
Overall: Fiesta>City/Verna, but only by a tiny margin.

To me, the Verna looks almost stunning from the rear. Much better than the Fiesta. Both look good front he side. The new Fiesta looks quite good from the front.

The front grill design looked good in the i10. A bit worse on the i20. A lot worse on the Verna.

The Fiesta looks like a very small car. The Verna a large one, especially from the rear and side. The City looks a lot smaller than it is, especially from the rear.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: The Vento lacks any sense of flair, but overall is very well put together and probably even looks better than all the others above. For design flair, it can only be the Linea. For character, in my books it is the Optra from the rear (see it when u can spot a new Optra, which is a bit rare)

Last edited by Poitive : 5th June 2011 at 01:05. Reason: Added the PS
Old 5th June 2011, 05:00   #1454
TOR
BHPian

Proportions, stance and wafability, the new Verna has tons of it.

Never liked the Verna in the pictures, nor the TD models with the stickers, but saw a silver colored car on the road yesterday and my initial trepidations have all but vanished!

Vento is too staid-even forgettable.

New Fiesta is jumble of design motifs-no cohesion whatsoever!
Old 5th June 2011, 10:57   #1455
BHPian

For me, looks don't matter much. Its the driving experience that counts. And nothing can beat the fiesta if we go according to the initial reviews. Unfortunately my wife doesnt think we are "upgrading" if we are buying a new fiesta after having owned the previous one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks