Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 08:06   #1486
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Hormaz (Autocar) tweets:

New Fiesta launched with 1.5 110PS petrol and 1.5 91PS diesel. These engines a global first for Ford

Ford claims class leading fuel economy for Fiesta. 17kpl for 1.5 petrol and 23.5kpl for 1.5 diesel. ARAI figures

Ford going for top end of mid-size market with fully loaded Fiesta. Rs.10 lakh plus. Goes head-on with Verna 1.6 and Vento Highline

Mustang had mentioned that the price would be killer or something to that effect. If the price mentioned is true, did they use Verna as a reference and Jack up the price instead of pricing it competitively. I hope my observation is false. It is still priced less than Vento and Verna I guess and we know it cannot do that. How much less is what will help the New Fiesta's Success.
Old 7th June 2011, 09:23   #1487
Team-BHP Support

I had a feeling that they'll come up with India specific engines. Actually the petrol looks quite impressive on paper. Waiting for the official annoucement on pricing. But the damper here is that the auto box is coming only later this year!
Old 7th June 2011, 09:49   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Instead of following Hyundai who launched both 1.4 and 1.6 options for petrol and diesel, Ford seem to have decided to take the average and launch the 1.5L models. The performance specs doesn't look very attractive and Ford will have to work hard on the reputation of poor FE (for petrol) and high service costs to make any sale out of these cars. Else, fall back to Figo.
Old 7th June 2011, 10:18   #1489
BHPian

Today morning, saw 4-5 new cars (New fiesta ? ) parked in Hotel Matthan
( opposite to Hotel Leela Palace )
Old 7th June 2011, 10:26   #1490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Instead of following Hyundai who launched both 1.4 and 1.6 options for petrol and diesel, Ford seem to have decided to take the average and launch the 1.5L models. The performance specs doesn't look very attractive and Ford will have to work hard on the reputation of poor FE (for petrol) and high service costs to make any sale out of these cars. Else, fall back to Figo.
even the current gen fiesta didnt blaze the specs on paper.
the scorecard went north on driveability.
Poor FE?
well i wouldnt call it poor.
it just scores a C- where everyone else is into As and Bs.

as far as higher service costs are concerned, that was quite some time ago, and if its what is stopping anyone from going for a ford, be stopped no more!

Any body who depsoited 50k with a dealer got a call?
we need an on-road TBHP review pronto!!

EDIT: @allwheeldrive (next comment)....smart(on ford), eh?
Theyll continue with the classic as well?nice.......

Last edited by mayankk : 7th June 2011 at 10:33.
Old 7th June 2011, 10:29   #1491
BHPian

1.5 litre engines (below 1500cc) means Ford gets to save Rs 15000 on excise duty which is not much in this segment...But still...

Now they have a Fiesta classic with 1.6 L petrol and New Fiesta with 1.5 L Petrol. Oh!!!
Old 7th June 2011, 10:34   #1492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post
1.5 litre engines (below 1500cc) means Ford gets to save Rs 15000 on excise duty which is not much in this segment...But still...

Now they have a Fiesta classic with 1.6 L petrol and New Fiesta with 1.5 L Petrol. Oh!!!
In this era of downsizing, I guess going by the engine size may not be the right way. For e.g.; VW 1.4 TSi powered models are more expensive than the 1.6.

Who knows, in future Ford may get the new EcoBoost 3-cylinder 1-litre petrol engines in their India range

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th June 2011 at 10:35. Reason: re-worded
Old 7th June 2011, 10:41   #1493
BHPian

Saw a set of 3-4 NFS (the brown-gray shade) this morning on Inner Ring Road (near Ooty Chocolates). Each car had at least 4 occupants who seemed to be on a test-drive. Saw one yesterday evening (the jazzy blue) on Airport Road, which had awesome road presence.

Unfortunately all were in opposite direction so could not get a better look.
Old 7th June 2011, 11:14   #1494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwheeldrive

The new Ford Fiesta does not qualify for small car excise benefits because it's longer than 4meters, so offering engines of any size would not save them tax. Maybe they want to use the Diesel in a hatchback in future.
Old 7th June 2011, 11:58   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The new Ford Fiesta does not qualify for small car excise benefits because it's longer than 4meters, so offering engines of any size would not save them tax. Maybe they want to use the Diesel in a hatchback in future.
Not sure about this but I distinctly remember paying higher road tax and higher insurance when i got my Palio 1.6 about 2 and half years back. This was in BLR and may not apply to the rest of the country.
Anybody from BLR can throw some more light on this?
Old 7th June 2011, 12:03   #1496
BHPian

Damn you ford, here i was looking forward to a 120 hp fiesta! :@

The only saving grace is that apparently these new 1.5 engines look to be evolutions of the older engines so should result in lower cost. But is it worth the loss of 12 ps?? :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
There is a flat tax charged on all cars depending on the engine size. I think someone had mentioned in another thread that it is Rs. 10000/- for cars between 1500 and 2000 cc and Rs. 15000/- for cars above 2000 cc

Last edited by radiokidb : 7th June 2011 at 12:09.
Old 7th June 2011, 12:15   #1497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull76 View Post
Today morning, saw 4-5 new cars (New fiesta ? ) parked in Hotel Matthan
( opposite to Hotel Leela Palace )
I think those are the Toyota Etios Liva. As somebody posted that these were there at the very same place you are mentioning.
Old 7th June 2011, 12:35   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I think those are the Toyota Etios Liva. As somebody posted that these were there at the very same place you are mentioning.
That was new fiesta. They are taking out the car from the hotel and couple of them were on the road. 2-3 were jazzy blue color, i feel very good road presence.
There was a small traffic block near to Manipal hospital because of this.
Old 7th June 2011, 12:52   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Ford India pulls off a surprise by endowing both Fiesta variants with 1.5 Liter engines! | IndianCarsBikes.in

Quote:
The day after tomorrow, we would be driving both these cars to see how the 2011 Fiesta Sedan performs on the roads. Until then though, we’d have to reserve our judgement on how the slightly smaller engined Fiesta Sedan will perform
One good thing is we don't need to wait till this month end to understand the characteristics of this car. Looks like it will be out by 9th or 10th of this month. So not too far from having one here at TBHP

By the time Mustang.101 returns, we will have the details on performance on car...so his contribution has to be on pricing
Old 7th June 2011, 13:21   #1500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Hormaz (Autocar) tweets:

New Fiesta launched with 1.5 110PS petrol and 1.5 91PS diesel. These engines a global first for Ford

Ford claims class leading fuel economy for Fiesta. 17kpl for 1.5 petrol and 23.5kpl for 1.5 diesel. ARAI figures

Ford going for top end of mid-size market with fully loaded Fiesta. Rs.10 lakh plus. Goes head-on with Verna 1.6 and Vento Highline
Further Tweets by Hormaz:

New Fiesta ride and handling just brilliant. Electric steering the best yet

Driving new Fiesta. 1.5 diesel, punchy, v refined but not as ... on Twitpic
- Driving new Fiesta. 1.5 diesel, punchy, v refined but not as responsive as old 1.4 fiesta dsl
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks