re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

It is Fiesta time for Ford

Video review from NDTV.
Old 13th June 2011, 08:34   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
There are no major differences between those reviews on handling and driveability of the car.
Yes that is the overall impression I also gained from all the reviews. Reviewers are generally professionals who have to report the vehicle's performance in the minutest detail, that's their job. So one may say "lacks initial pick-up" or " turbo lag", but what is more important to us is the real world driving experience, which they give in their summary. And that's where the Ford scores good marks with all reviewers. Its driveability is still top class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
...all other reviews gave thumps up to diesel variant.
After reading all the reviews, I'm totally impressed with the new Fiesta diesel. If only I had the funds, I would plonk for this model without a moment's hesitation. Economy and the trademark Ford driving experience, it's a winning combo for someone like me.

Last edited by Damu : 13th June 2011 at 08:36. Reason: Deleted a blank line
Old 13th June 2011, 09:20   #1623
Team-BHP Support

Below is a line from the Ford Fiesta review in BS Motoring online. (Page 4, #10 NEW! Ford Fiesta test and review)

Quote:
Both cars, however, continue to have speedos that overread in true Ford fashion. At 100 kph, the Fiesta was running a true speed of 91.2 kph.
Is this true? And if so, why no action from Ford India to fix this? Maybe Mustang can help to answer.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 10:31   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Below is a line from the Ford Fiesta review in BS Motoring online. (Page 4, #10 NEW! Ford Fiesta test and review)

Is this true? And if so, why no action from Ford India to fix this? Maybe Mustang can help to answer.

Not sure what he meant! My ODO meter reading coincides with general moving conditions. I tested this in long run, when ODO stuck to 80, usually distance covered over a time matched speed reading! I also got pulled over for speeding! The laser reading pretty much meets ODO reading, unless both where way off!

To have 10% variation is too much! May be other ford owners can comment here.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 10:38   #1625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Not sure what he meant! My ODO meter reading coincides with general moving conditions. I tested this in long run, when ODO stuck to 80, usually distance covered over a time matched speed reading! I also got pulled over for speeding! The laser reading pretty much meets ODO reading, unless both where way off!

my speedo runs true too.
80 on the clock, 80 on the gps.
may have been reviewers luck to have got bad speedos, and has now generalized.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 10:49   #1626
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
my speedo runs true too.
80 on the clock, 80 on the gps.
may have been reviewers luck to have got bad speedos, and has now generalized.
Thanks guys. I have not noticed this in my Ikon either. That was pretty heavy generalization
Old 13th June 2011, 11:37   #1627
BHPian

Quote:

Not very surprised.

My Ford Fusion (with stock-sized tyres) always displays 10kmph higher than my GPS. And just in case someone may want to ask - no, it does not read 10kmph when stationary.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:32   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Not very surprised.

My Ford Fusion (with stock-sized tyres) always displays 10kmph higher than my GPS. And just in case someone may want to ask - no, it does not read 10kmph when stationary.
at your sense of humour!
My fiesta when on stock tyres used to show 100kmph when the GPS used to show me about 92-93.
After shifting to 185/65, when the speedo shows 100 - the GPS shows me about 97-98.

So there is some truth in the reviewers statement. My observations have been that this is the case for most cars - it may vary by how much - but usually the speedo is optimistic!
Old 13th June 2011, 13:55   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Even my Fiesta's speedo showed 100 when the GPS showed 93. I am on stock tyres.

Meanwhile, I am getting tired of this thread. It is high time that we got a review of the NFS on this forum. Every Tom, Dick and Harry in India has already posted his review on TV channels.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 14:34   #1630
BHPian

Hi Mods, Can we please have an ETA for the reviews? Over the weekend i must have checked the forum atleast 20 times thinking the reviews would appear. The quality of the team-bhp reviews are better than anything else out there. So kind of impatient for it
Old 13th June 2011, 14:53   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Ford fiesta Details to be announce b/w June 25-30, Launch will be next month ie. in July. I am taking an official leave to go for vacations starting tom. so I will have Internet access only on June 9 or June 10. Bye for now guys.
Hello Mustang

Are you back to civilization (internet access)? There are so many of us here eagerly waiting for some official info on the Fiesta. Could you please throw some light?
Old 13th June 2011, 15:14   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hi Mods, Can we please have an ETA for the reviews? Over the weekend i must have checked the forum atleast 20 times thinking the reviews would appear. The quality of the team-bhp reviews are better than anything else out there. So kind of impatient for it
True, i have also been desperate for the team-bhp review...lets hope we get it pretty soon
Old 13th June 2011, 18:15   #1633
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute

Hello Mustang

Are you back to civilization (internet access)? There are so many of us here eagerly waiting for some official info on the Fiesta. Could you please throw some light?
Day after I will be back, till then I only can read team-bhp on my phone.

PS - I think you missed some info I posted recently on this thread. Its a page or two behind this post.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:41   #1634
Senior - BHPian

The great OverDrive long trip test of the C segment, in the Dec 2006 issue, IIRC had the these lines " The Fords constantly over read by almost 8 percent, The City slightly over reads and the Vernas were under reading constantly" -Just to throw some light on the over reading part
Old 13th June 2011, 18:44   #1635
Team-BHP Support

What I dont understand is the point about stock tyres. All Ford cases reported on this thread, whenever stock tyres were changed, readings
matched readings with GPS devices.

Now that this was mentioned, even I have noticed at least 10% over-reading in my case too
(when compared against to a GPS device)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks