Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 13:55   #1681
Team-BHP Support

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Petrol Automatic is certainly due within 6 months. I do not have any info regarding the diesel auto.
Thanks Mustang. That’s good to know.

Quote:
The issue is certainly the total cost. 6 speed dual clutch it should be AFAIK but the company might remove the manual shifters. The company has a dual clutch 6 speed gearbox version with no manual shifts.
With or without manual shifters is ok, but I remember reading elsewhere in the thread that Ford is planning a low-cost India specific auto-box. Is that true?

Quote:
I had said that about the 1.6 TDCi. Yes, the 1.5 TDCi does have some lag till about 1500 rpms if you ask me but after that it really disappears. It is still quite less and won’t be much of an issue. Most reviews call it "pronounced" lag because at 1800 rpms, the fiesta does go like a rocket. Hence the term "pronounced lag".
In one of the video review (I think, the one from NDTV), they mentioned that the diesel is even more fun to drive due to the additional weight in the front. Just want to know what is your take on this. If you need to choose between the petrol and diesel (without considering the fuel cost), which one you will opt for?
Old 15th June 2011, 14:02   #1682
Senior - BHPian

Guys, New Ford Fiesta test drive review from Zigwheels is out
New Ford Fiesta: India First Drive Page - 1 Zigwheels
When are we getting our official TBHP drive report ?

Quoting from the Zigwheels review
Quote:
Dynamic and dramatic, the new Fiesta can and does turn heads and making allowances for the imagined frowns of the critics, it is certain to bring on the smiles all around. This is a car that appears to be perched on its haunches, all set to spring forth on the prowl, exuding a tangible air of power and sportiness as it does.
Sets my pulse racing!!

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 15th June 2011 at 14:19.
Old 15th June 2011, 14:23   #1683
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If you need to choose between the petrol and diesel (without considering the fuel cost), which one you will opt for?
Ignoring initial cost and FE and Fuel cost.

I would go with the petrol for 100% city driving.
I would go with diesel otherwise.

Not Ignoring these factors: I would go with diesel.
Old 15th June 2011, 14:26   #1684
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Mustang has more work on t-bhp than in office after his vacation. Hope you had a great vacation.

Sorry, some questions from me too.

1. Was the engines downsized for some benefits in insurance / tax etc or better FE figures? Read that there are lesser amounts for insurance, RT etc when the engines are below 1500cc.

2. Have they started pre-launch production of cars? I guess there were a lot of production for Figo to meet the initial surge in sales, something of that sort for Fiesta as well?

3. Has the success of Verna created some unrest in NFS camp ?

4. Any news on the current Fiesta top end [SXi] price being revised / taken out of line ?

5. We read about the back light illumination being changed from red to blue as well, any pointers on that?

Hope you could answer the above questions, if not [due to official restrictions] please feel free to duck.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th June 2011 at 14:28.
Old 15th June 2011, 14:40   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like Mustang has more work on t-bhp than in office after his vacation. Hope you had a great vacation.

1. Was the engines downsized for some benefits in insurance / tax etc or better FE figures? Read that there are lesser amounts for insurance, RT etc when the engines are below 1500cc.

2. Have they started pre-launch production of cars? I guess there were a lot of production for Figo to meet the initial surge in sales, something of that sort for Fiesta as well?

4. Any news on the current Fiesta top end [SXi] price being revised / taken out of line ?

5. We read about the back light illumination being changed from red to blue as well, any pointers on that?

Hope you could answer the above questions, if not [due to official restrictions] please feel free to duck.
Though these were not meant for me, might I answer few of those Sir?
1. 1500cc engines were developed for the ASEAN region in general and few countries provide tax exemptions for engines with capacity lesser than 1500cc.
2. Yes, the New Fiesta is already on the production line.
3. -
4. I dont think that would be done, as it would have been done with the introduction of the Fiesta Classic, If Ford had such plans earlier.
5. That article was about the Fiesta face lift, some one or two years down the line I suppose.
Old 15th June 2011, 14:41   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
No it can't, firstly there is no provision for that and secondly the LCD can not accommodate a lot of colors.
It is a bit of disappointment, I would say. Verna is offering a rear view camera along with electro-chromic rear view mirror.

Will it be considered "tampering of electrical system" to put a rear camera in Fiesta? I mean, will I lose the electrical system warranty for putting this accessory?

JK
Old 15th June 2011, 14:42   #1687
BHPian

Thanks for your answers Mustang.

please let us know the variants and are safety features like ABS & Airbags provided on all variants or only the top end like now?
Old 15th June 2011, 14:56   #1688
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

1. For all the above mentioned factors

2. Yes pre production regimes are always followed.

3. There is no unrest at all.

4. I Have no idea about this but i do not think it will happen

5. I have no info regarding this.
Old 15th June 2011, 15:07   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Here is one more from livemint

This Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
When are we getting our official TBHP drive report ?
Ford would have got lots of feedback from TBHP, yet we were not invited for the TD party .
Old 15th June 2011, 15:16   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would go with the petrol for 100% city driving.
I would go with diesel otherwise.

Not Ignoring these factors: I would go with diesel.
Sorry to differ from you here but this whole thing about city driving and petrol is a misconception. 10km of city driving ( stop-start, tarffic signal wait, frequent gear-changes, traffic jams, bumper-tobumper crawl ) is equal to almost 20 km of highway driving ( steady crusing in 5th/6th). So, 1000 km monthly city crawl = 2000 km highway cruising. We can do the math here. I have seen guys running up a monthly fuel bill in excess of Rs.10,000/- on petrol hatchbacks just doing a daily city commute to work and back. Same commute on diesel hatch would cost you no more than 3,500 to 4,000/-. That is a whopping saving. Diesel costs less and burns less -- double advantage. My vote--- Diesel all the way. City driving or highway driving.

Last edited by pgsagar : 15th June 2011 at 15:18.
Old 15th June 2011, 15:32   #1691
BHPian

Any information on what will be missing in the base variant in essentials (like ABS, airbags, fog lamps, etc.), features (like auto climate control, audio, blue tooth, steering mounted controls, remote locking, alloys, seat height adjust, etc.) and gizmos (like voice commands, parking sensors, etc.)
Old 15th June 2011, 15:44   #1692
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Sorry to differ from you here but this whole thing about city driving and petrol is a misconception. 10km of city driving ( stop-start, tarffic signal wait, frequent gear-changes, traffic jams, bumper-tobumper crawl ) is equal to almost 20 km of highway driving ( steady crusing in 5th/6th). So, 1000 km monthly city crawl = 2000 km highway cruising. We can do the math here. I have seen guys running up a monthly fuel bill in excess of Rs.10,000/- on petrol hatchbacks just doing a daily city commute to work and back. Same commute on diesel hatch would cost you no more than 3,500 to 4,000/-. That is a whopping saving. Diesel costs less and burns less -- double advantage. My vote--- Diesel all the way. City driving or highway driving.
Looks like you missed the opening quote by Mustang
Quote:

So, what Mustang is saying if petrol and diesel priced similar he would prefer petrol if purpose is city driving only. Not to miss reviews mention petrol clutch is light on foot, so that could be added advantage here.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th June 2011 at 12:50. Reason: Please keep the discussion civil. No direct/indirect comments on members please.
Old 15th June 2011, 16:05   #1693
BHPian

There it goes - no driver armrest. Mustang, can you confirm on this please?
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-fiesta.jpg  

Old 15th June 2011, 17:09   #1694
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Oops that's something! Or could this be a base model?

EDIT: I haven't seen this car in flesh, but does anybody else feels grey interior seem little dull (At least in images)? IMO the red-black combo available on international Fiesta is more treat for eyes, which also looks quite up market.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th June 2011 at 12:50. Reason: Please keep the discussion civil. No direct/indirect comments on members please.
xPK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 17:38   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
None of the reviews I read mentioned the arm rest nor the videos I watched show it but surprisingly there are some pics of the front arm rest floating around.

In the gallery of pics posted on various websites I saw pics of the dash / ICE console / ACC controls (which i assume would be the high end model) and the arm rest is not to be seen in any of these pics.

Mustang, any info on this?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks