Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 17:57   #1696
BANNED

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Sorry to differ from you here but this whole thing about city driving and petrol is a misconception. 10km of city driving ( stop-start, tarffic signal wait, frequent gear-changes, traffic jams, bumper-tobumper crawl ) is equal to almost 20 km of highway driving ( steady crusing in 5th/6th). So, 1000 km monthly city crawl = 2000 km highway cruising. We can do the math here. I have seen guys running up a monthly fuel bill in excess of Rs.10,000/- on petrol hatchbacks just doing a daily city commute to work and back. Same commute on diesel hatch would cost you no more than 3,500 to 4,000/-. That is a whopping saving. Diesel costs less and burns less -- double advantage. My vote--- Diesel all the way. City driving or highway driving.
You are missing some details in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
None of the reviews I read mentioned the arm rest nor the videos I watched show it but surprisingly there are some pics of the front arm rest floating around.

Mustang, any info on this?
If I can remember correctly, the car that i drove did not have a front armrest. This is because it never got in the way of my elbows like most others do (I am a tall bloke). So as per me, there is no front armrest.
Old 15th June 2011, 18:39   #1697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumar007 View Post
It is a bit of disappointment, I would say. Verna is offering a rear view camera along with electro-chromic rear view mirror.

Will it be considered "tampering of electrical system" to put a rear camera in Fiesta? I mean, will I lose the electrical system warranty for putting this accessory?

JK
I've mounted a rear view camera on my Fiesta soon after purchase and it had no effect on my 4-year warranty, which expired a few months back.

As regards driver's armrest, I did not see it on the model on display in the US
Old 15th June 2011, 20:49   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
If I can remember correctly, the car that i drove did not have a front armrest. This is because it never got in the way of my elbows like most others do (I am a tall bloke). So as per me, there is no front armrest.
Please look at this picture...
At Arms Length | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I think the armrest is an accessory that can be fit into Fiesta.
If it is an original equipment part, then obviously the Ford label would be there instead of this part supplier name.

JK
Old 15th June 2011, 21:24   #1699
Distinguished - BHPian

Will the new Fiesta petrol pricing be re-looked at the last moment after the Honda City price cut?
Old 15th June 2011, 21:46   #1700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumar007 View Post
Will it be considered "tampering of electrical system" to put a rear camera in Fiesta? I mean, will I lose the electrical system warranty for putting this accessory?
As long as you dont cut the factory wires, i dont think you will have any problems. Thats one of the reasons the ICE guys usually use a "connector" to plug the wires. By this method they don't have to cut the factory wires and will save the warranty as well.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:37   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Ignoring initial cost and FE and Fuel cost.

I would go with the petrol for 100% city driving.
I would go with diesel otherwise.

Not Ignoring these factors: I would go with diesel.
I believe you say this because the diesel has a hard clutch and little bit of turbo lag, making it not a convenient one for city driving. Dont you think Ford should think of diesel AT along with petrol AT considering these factors. If the cost is a deterrant, why not cut down some features and bring down the cost? I sincerely hope Ford considers bringing out diesel AT and not too late.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:49   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I believe you say this because the diesel has a hard clutch and little bit of turbo lag, making it not a convenient one for city driving. Dont you think Ford should think of diesel AT along with petrol AT considering these factors. If the cost is a deterrant, why not cut down some features and bring down the cost? I sincerely hope Ford considers bringing out diesel AT and not too late.
Right said! Diesel automatics would be more convenient as the AT will deal with the turbo lag, the relatively harder clutch would be gone, and slightly lesser efficiency on a diesel wont be a bother either. And for all those manufacturers who are worried that the diesel auto would push the price up a lot, why not offer AT with the base diesel as well? that would bring in more volumes than a top end with AT and a very high price tag. Why should the AT always be a fully loaded car?
Old 16th June 2011, 10:31   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Earlier Mustang.101 mentioned that launch is confirmed between June 25-31. Now his latest update is first week of July 2011. Getting tired with FORD & even more with the pending review here at TBHP :(

Will the 2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan come with an automatic transmission: We have some answers! | IndianCarsBikes.in

Quote:
The 2011 Fiesta Sedan, will in all probability arrive with the 6 speed automatic gearbox as and when Ford India decides to launch the Fiesta Automatic. So, that is some real good news there. We also quizzed the Ford official about what to expect with the dual clutch six speeder auto box.
To that, the official said that the dual clutch automatic gearbox makes a lot of sense for India than conventional automatics as the new mapping technology employed by the dual clutch auto box allows for a very wide range of ratios to be mapped into the gearbox, thus allowing Ford to tune the gearbox for razor sharp responsiveness or outright fuel economy.
Quote:
whether the diesel engined Fiesta would get the dual clutch automatic gearbox, a-la-Hyundai Verna Fluidic.
To this question, we got a reply that wasn’t too much in favor of the diesel engined Fiesta getting an automatic gearbox as that could results in costs getting too high, which could make the diesel engined 2011 Fiesta Sedan a tough car to sell.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 11:02   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Prices : No idea as of now but i expect the petrol base version to start at 7.25 Lacs and the petrol top model to be slightly above 8 Lacs with all the goodies.
IIRC you had mentioned there would be 2 variants in petrol and Diesel. So Base Diesel could start at 8-8.25 and top end 9-9.25 lacs ex showroom ( I have added 1 lac premium over your petrol variant price idea). So Dual Airbags is standard across the range right? Any info on the Fiesta Hatch? Really looking forward to that car ! Thanks in advance .
Old 16th June 2011, 11:12   #1705
BHPian

^^ Surprise

"To this question, we got a reply that wasn’t too much in favor of the diesel engined Fiesta getting an automatic gearbox as that could results in costs getting too high, which could make the diesel engined 2011 Fiesta Sedan a tough car to sell."

So looks like diesel AT is not likely to come soon. Ouch! Need to now look elsewhere

Thanks Surprise for digging in to try to get the query answered.
Old 16th June 2011, 11:57   #1706
BHPian

Waiting for the definitive review by Team BHP.
Lots of reviews across the internet but none can match Team-Bhp's.

Were we not invited for the Test Drive for the new Ford Fiesta?
Old 16th June 2011, 12:22   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
why not offer AT with the base diesel as well? that would bring in more volumes than a top end with AT and a very high price tag. Why should the AT always be a fully loaded car?
I am in the same boat as you. Base version should be - diesel engine + aircon + power steering + AT, in that order. When I look around, the only diesel with AT I find is Verna, but my numbers are just not adding up. AT Verna comes loaded with lot of other features that I can live without. If only we could pick and choose features to cut down on price.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:30   #1708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I am in the same boat as you. Base version should be - diesel engine + aircon + power steering + AT, in that order. When I look around, the only diesel with AT I find is Verna, but my numbers are just not adding up. AT Verna comes loaded with lot of other features that I can live without. If only we could pick and choose features to cut down on price.
Exactly! And the diesel verna would find far less buyers now at its current price. Even with the manual diesel, many prefer the SX and the 1.6 Base model over the SX (O) which comes with unwanted but bling bling features and an inflated tag! Now only if Ford came up with a base diesel AT, would they see some sustainable figures for the AT. Why don't they give this a chance? And Ford invested a lot for the Fiesta 1.6 S knowing it would be a niche product and wont bring in volumes, so why not try this?
Old 16th June 2011, 12:43   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Exactly! And the diesel verna would find far less buyers now at its current price. Even with the manual diesel, many prefer the SX and the 1.6 Base model over the SX (O) which comes with unwanted but bling bling features and an inflated tag! Now only if Ford came up with a base diesel AT, would they see some sustainable figures for the AT. Why don't they give this a chance? And Ford invested a lot for the Fiesta 1.6 S knowing it would be a niche product and wont bring in volumes, so why not try this?
+1 to that, though I prefer to have safety features (ABS/dual Airbags) with AT. Else even base + ABS would do on the diesel AT. How can we provide this feedback really strong to Ford? I have registered in the New Fiesta website and when I get a call I am going to try to convey these points, not sure how effective will that be.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:48   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
+1 to that, though I prefer to have safety features (ABS/dual Airbags) with AT. Else even base + ABS would do on the diesel AT. How can we provide this feedback really strong to Ford? I have registered in the New Fiesta website and when I get a call I am going to try to convey these points, not sure how effective will that be.
At this stage (launch and promotion) they would be more interested to call you up and make you listen to all the new features of the Fiesta, and might not take a serious note of our suggestions and would most probably not communicate those to the company's top bosses. Maybe our Mustang.101 can help us here
And I think its not just Ford, all other manufacturers in India need to realise that the AT doesn't necessarily have to be fully loaded! ANHC E AT anyone? ABS+Airbags+AT+ Essential features = much more sensible AT car!

Last edited by aravind.anand : 16th June 2011 at 12:53.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks