Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 13:16   #1711
Team-BHP Support

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Else even base + ABS would do on the diesel AT. How can we provide this feedback really strong to Ford? I have registered in the New Fiesta website and when I get a call I am going to try to convey these points, not sure how effective will that be.
Completely disagree there. Why do you want to give a regressive feedback to the manufacturer. No offense here, but safety features should not be an option at any case. AT or MT, I hope Ford provide standard safety features across the whole Fiesta range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
And I think its not just Ford, all other manufacturers in India need to realise that the AT doesn't necessarily have to be fully loaded! ANHC E AT anyone? ABS+Airbags+AT+ Essential features = much more sensible AT car!
Great point. Ideal scenario is the manufacturer provide an option to the customer to choose between AT or MT – across the range. Unfortunately, we are not there yet.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 13:34   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Is it confirmed that the Fiesta would have ABS and Airbags as standard across all variants? Is music system standard too?
Old 16th June 2011, 17:06   #1713
Senior - BHPian

And here is one more review

New Ford Fiesta 1.5 Ti-VCT / TDCi road test review

Quote:
Once on the highway, and given a chance to extend its legs, the diesel Fiesta is a much better car to drive. In-gear acceleration is great, the response from the engine is quick and overtaking happens without having to play around much with the clutch or the gearstick. Redlined at 4500 rpm and marked all the way up to 6000rpm, the engine remains responsive and shows keenness to move forward over a wide range of revs. The Fiesta diesel is no scorcher, but with its linear power delivery, great driveability, and reasonable punch, it should be able to delight a discerning enthusiastic driver when needed.
Quote:
Loaded with great features, the Fiesta is an amazing car if you love driving yourself. For most such people, things like the quality of fabric, or feel of the plastics doesn’t matter much. And if you are one of them, you’re going to have a lot of fun in this new baby from Ford.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:23   #1714
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
If I can remember correctly, the car that i drove did not have a front armrest. This is because it never got in the way of my elbows like most others do (I am a tall bloke). So as per me, there is no front armrest.
Mustang, is the Fiesta Sedan Euro-NCAP rated? And does it have anti-pinch protection for the 4 windows?
Old 16th June 2011, 18:13   #1715
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san

Mustang, is the Fiesta Sedan Euro-NCAP rated?
Yes fiesta has 5 out of 5 stars in euro ncap safety tests but that car had knee airbags for driver also.
Mustang.101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 20:28   #1716
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes fiesta has 5 out of 5 stars in euro ncap safety tests but that car had knee airbags for driver also.
Thanks, I remember seeing a BBC Top Gear segment explaining Euro-NCAP ratings. They had examples of a Ford Fiesta Hatch, Land Rover Freelander, a Proton (don’t remember the model) and a Toyota Avensis. According to them the Fiesta hatch did better than the Freelander in overall occupant protection. But as you mentioned, I guess that Fiesta had more airbags. I will search for the video and post it here.

By the way, I keep hearing references to Boron steel used in the new Fiesta. Any idea, how different is the body shell with Boron steel? And is it more for safety, or for weight saving?
Old 16th June 2011, 20:44   #1717
Senior - BHPian

Dear Mustang, Is it confirmed that the Fiesta would have ABS and Airbags as standard across all variants? Is music system standard too? I asked this question a few posts ago, but forgot to direct it towards you Sir.
Old 16th June 2011, 20:50   #1718
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang,

I know NFS is BSIV compliant but do you have the emission figures for the Petrol and Diesel variants.
Old 16th June 2011, 21:03   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Mustang,

I know NFS is BSIV compliant but do you have the emission figures for the Petrol and Diesel variants.
As these are all new engines, I don't think anyone would have those figures now.

Here's the review of the new Fiesta from motoroids.com ! I quite like the beige colour of the Fiesta in the link above. Blue is my favourite though
New Ford Fiesta 1.5 Ti-VCT / TDCi road test review

And this link states that the Fiesta production has begun!
http://motoroids.com/news/ford-india...ew-fiesta.html

Last edited by benbsb29 : 16th June 2011 at 22:22. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 16th June 2011, 22:43   #1720
BANNED

For vb-san, boron steel gives added strength and stiffness and a substancial saving of weight.

For ghodlur, i do not have the exact emission figures. But both these engines will fare much better than the previous engines.

For aravind, i literally have no concrete info on this but if the pricing is killer, which it most likely will be then expect the absence of airbags and abs in the lower spec variant.

Btw pre production of the fiesta started today. So launch is between 20-25 days.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 16th June 2011 at 23:01.
Mustang.101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 23:03   #1721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i literally have no concrete info on this but if the pricing is killer, which it most likely will be then expect the absence of airbags and abs in the lower spec variant.
Frankly if ABS & Airbags are not standard on base version it would be disappointing. Ford should go the Honda way by offering safety standard across the range and not go the Vento way to price it at 6.99 lacs ex showroom for the base version.

@Mustang - I assume my previous post went unnoticed from your end. Could you clarify the possibility of Fiesta hatch launch ?
Old 16th June 2011, 23:08   #1722
BHPian

A sales executive in one of the ford dealers in Chennai mentioned that they have a training on 20th and 21st for New Ford Fiesta. He mentioned that it is happening in a resort in East Coast Road. He was excited that he will get to drive and experience the car first hand during the training.

I hope they announce the price and variant details in a few days after the training.
Old 16th June 2011, 23:23   #1723
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja

@Mustang - I assume my previous post went unnoticed from your end. Could you clarify the possibility of Fiesta hatch launch ?
It wont be launched this year, we have to wait till auto expo in jan for an official announcement so most likely we will be seeing it next year.
Old 17th June 2011, 00:24   #1724
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Thanks for the info johnjojo08. Looks sure can be deceptive. Could you please links for the source of the data so that one can make a better comparison between the two. Thanks mate.
2011 ford fiesta width - 1722 mm
Hyundai verna RB width - 1700 mm(10mm lesser than i20 -1710 mm and just 5 mm more than old Verna -1695mm)
Honda City - 1695 mm
VW Vento - 1699 mm

See the links. Open hyundai site using IE.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...622032626.html

Ford Fiesta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by johnjojo08 : 17th June 2011 at 00:31.
johnjojo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 00:39   #1725
BANNED

Its official..

All-new Ford Fiesta update: Production begins at Chennai plant | Driving Ford
Closed Thread

Most Viewed