Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2011, 16:03   #1771
Team-BHP Support

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Thanks Surprise for sharing the safety information. And that’s one reason I asked Mustang earlier on the usage of Boron steel in the new Fiesta. Later I did some reading on the internet, and it is said that Boron steel is around 4 times stronger than the avertage high-strength steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Ooeeff- Sir, we are hanging for the past 24 hrs
It maybe that our in-house team is waiting for the pricing information, so that the review is complete in all sense? Anyway, I am quite sure that the Crème De La Crème of the team is working on this review
Old 18th June 2011, 16:16   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
And that’s one reason I asked Mustang earlier on the usage of Boron steel in the new Fiesta. Later I did some reading on the internet, and it is said that Boron steel is around 4 times stronger than the avertage high-strength steel
Hi Mustang! Can you comment upon the possibility of using the same content in India specific NFS?
Old 18th June 2011, 16:35   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Hi Mustang! Can you comment upon the possibility of using the same content in India specific NFS?
I thinks it is. The ford blog talks everything about the India NFS.

Quote:
Driving Ford is the official blog of Ford India. Established in 1995, Ford India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader. Ford India manufactures and distributes automobiles and engines made at its modern integrated manufacturing facilities, at Maraimalai Nagar, near Chennai. With more than 4,000 employees, the company’s models include the Ikon, Endeavour, Fiesta and the Figo. For more information, visit www.india.ford.com

Last edited by Surprise : 18th June 2011 at 16:53.
Old 18th June 2011, 16:36   #1774
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My understanding is a big 'Yes'. I asked question about Boron steel because I remember reading about it in some of the media reviews of New Fiesta in India. Here is one sample from BS Motoring (Page 6, #b): NEW! Ford Fiesta test and review
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 17:48   #1775
BANNED

Quote:
Yes the same has been followed in India as well.
Old 18th June 2011, 20:33   #1776
BHPian

The interior dimensions of New Fiesta and New Verna from the official US web sites of the two cars (2011 Ford Fiesta | View Interior Specifications | Ford.com and Hyundai Accent Trim: Safe, Small Cars - More Interior Than Corolla & Civic | Hyundai). This should be same for Indian versions of the two cars

(all dimensions in inches)

-------------- Fiesta Verna
LegRoom Front 42.2 41.8

LegRoom Rear 31.2 33.3

ShoulderRoom Fr 52.7 53.7

ShoulderRoom Rear 49 53.4

The front legroom of 42.2 inch is almost same as the claimed 1069mm in the fold india blog, perhaps it is best in class as claimed. Rear legroom is a bit less, but total legroom (fr+rear) available is just about 1.7 inch less than the Verna, which is not a big difference IMO. And if the rear bench thigh support is decent in the Fiesta, it should suffice.

It is the rear shoulder room where the Fiesta is significantly less, by almost 4.4 inch.

Last edited by mohan41 : 18th June 2011 at 20:43.
mohan41 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 10:00   #1777
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th June 2011 at 11:57.
Old 20th June 2011, 10:11   #1778
Distinguished - BHPian

yesterday was a full day.
TDd the diesel mt verna.
it is ghostly silent, really.
my FIL also TD'd it, and when he stepped out we realized he didnt even know it was a diesel!
he was shocked, to say the least.
couple o' gripes though, its power somehow doesnt feel like its going to the road, seems to be lost somewhere.
6 months waiting on diesel, 2.5 months on the petrol.
second, even in the top trim(SX), leather interiors is an option.
WHY?

Then checked out out 2 other cars(no TD).
The fluence.
this thing is good, at least it looks good.
Its looks like a grown up megane.
and biggggg too!
Petrol's more than the diesel(16l and 14l), as diesel apparently will not be getting an auto box, and petrol will have it as standard.
surprising, that there wont even be an option.
any body know about this?

and then i came to the fiesta(both are parked in DT mall, saket.)

well, it did look slightly small-ish, seeing it immediately after the fluence, but rebooted my mind, and compared it to the verna.
very similar presence, looks much more dynamic standing still, but the rear lamps...oh those rear lamps.
they are to small is all i could think.
if the were a little stretched out towards the centre of the boot, the bum would have been awesome too, and would have actually looked as big as it is, but the current size makes it look squelched, sort-of.

Spoke to the guy on the floor, and he said mid july is when they are expecting to announce everything!

Last edited by mayankk : 20th June 2011 at 10:13.
Old 20th June 2011, 10:34   #1779
BHPian

Got some info about NFS today. There will be four Variants each in Petrol and Diesel, i.e., Trend, Trend+, Titanium and Titanium+. Exact differences between these trims not known yet. Airbags standard across all the variants. The color optioins for NFS is most likely to be white, black, beige, silver, blue and chill. It looks like the launch is delayed because of the pricing dilemma.
Old 20th June 2011, 10:48   #1780
BHPian

Looks like they have started the Ford Fiesta advisement in good way. Was in Mantri Mall at Bangalore yesterday. Received the Bluetooth message with an installable .exe. Once you have installed it gives minor details of the new Fiesta.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:05   #1781
BHPian

Not to nitpick here but just wondering.. All the press releases so far keep claiming class-leading FE of 17 km/l for the petrol and 23.5km/l for the diesel. But the Verna matches or exceeds these figures(the 1.4 engines at least) with 17.43 km/l for the petrol and 23.5 km/l for the diesel. So can they legitimately continue claiming that they have class-leading FE?
Old 20th June 2011, 11:20   #1782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes the same has been followed in India as well.
This might be a bit too early to ask, but what are the color options on the cards for the New Fiesta?

There are some interesting colors in the US variants and am wondering if we could get any of those.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:23   #1783
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
This might be a bit too early to ask, but what are the color options on the cards for the New Fiesta?

There are some interesting colors in the US variants and am wondering if we could get any of those.
Probably we will get all the Figo's colors plus the blue that you have seen in the promos.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:27   #1784
Senior - BHPian

Is there any talk of beige color interior option? This is a must as there would be those buyers who will switch to Verna/ANHC/Vento just for this reason.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:30   #1785
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Is there any talk of beige color interior option? This is a must as there would be those buyers who will switch to Verna/ANHC/Vento just for this reason.
To tell you the truth, Most Indians do love the beige interiors but i have 2 beige interior cars and its a nightmare to maintain them even with regular cleaning.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks