Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2012, 18:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes A-Class India Launch Mid 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Even if it does launch, I doubt it'll be much lesser than 20lakh. I wonder if our market is ready for it yet. Look at the X1, even that does not sell too much, as far as I know.
I guess killer pricing is not something one expects from the German Big 3 - nor large volumes. But I guess you are right - pricing would be interesting - price it too high or close to the B-Class and interest would fizzle out.
Old 28th July 2012, 10:04   #32
BHPian

Re: Mercedes A Class coming here?

Here it is, right from the horse's mouth. In today's TOI's interview with Dr. Dieter Zetsche, he has stated that Mercedes will introduce a much younger portfolio of products in India. The B class will be launched in 2012 and the A class will follow in 2013.
They will also get their small 4 door coupe (The CLA class?) as well as a small SUV.
I wonder how they will price the A class hatch here.
Old 28th July 2012, 10:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

I thought X1 sells well in India?

I believe A1 will also make a serious dent. But A class - not in the same league atleast as far as looks are concerned.

I am making a big statement here - MB needs a makeover
Old 31st August 2012, 17:59   #34
BHPian

Spotted the A-Class today at NH8.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes A Class coming here?-image2853604843.jpg  

Old 31st August 2012, 18:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

I had the opportunity to drive the A class 2 weeks ago in the UK - so yes , it was outside the country and there could be major differences between what i drove and what lands here in 2013 but basis what i drove i was far from impressed.

While there is a general sense of good quality throughout the vehicle , it was not overwhelming. There were enough areas which one would label as great 'letdowns' here in India , for example the inside doors , big plastic panels not really off-set by anything.

The engine was 'OK' , its a small car at the end of day any maybe one was being a bit optimistic to expect bursts of power when commanded but not something i would pick up in India irrespective of the price tag , the engine is smooth but did very little to excite of have fun with it.
Old 5th October 2012, 10:47   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

MB - A Class has landed in India for testing purposes. Sporting a petrol engine with a paddle-shifter-equipped semi-automatic transmission, the MH14-registered white test mule, most likely strapped with a petrol engine (camouflaged with surgical tape) was spotted near Kothrud.

Expect MB India to position the smaller A Class between 15-20 lakh rupees.

Mercedes Benz India had planned the A Class’s launch around July 2013.
Old 5th October 2012, 11:17   #37
BANNED

So now we may be able have a three pointed star for under 20L. I hope the service costs are also pared down to more reasonable levels.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 12:23   #38
BHPian

Would this be a CBU or CKD. If they can source parts locally that would make it south of 15L. Now wouldn't that be tempting.
Old 20th October 2012, 09:49   #39
BHPian

Autocar Scoop. Mercedes A-Class in India.

Quote:
The new A-Class (codename: W176) was launched globally some months ago and will come to India next year. It will be the second of four models, after the recently launched B-class, built on Mercedes’ new front-wheel-drive MFA platform. Mercedes is expected to launch all four models here in India.

The A-Class is 4292mm long, 1780mm high and about 1433mm wide. India will mostly get the A200 CDI which is powered a 1.8-litre turbo-diesel motor that is good for 134bhp and is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. It gets high-quality interior which is similar to theB-Class launched here.

As seen from the picture, the test-car seems to carry AMG body kit that features special side-skirts and aerodynamic add-ons to the bumpers. The test-car is also seen with a panoramic sun-roof. We drove the A-Class in Europe earlier where the car came shot with 18-inch AMG alloys and AMG kit but the car seen in India is shod with smaller wheels and higher-profile tyres keeping in mind the Indian road conditions.
Link:http://www.autocarindia.com/News/319...-in-india.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes A Class coming here?-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20121019081252_autocarindiamercedesbenzbclass_spy.jpg  

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 20th October 2012 at 09:55.
sarthakgupta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 16:42   #40
BHPian

Re: All-New Merc A-Class caught testing in India

A class is better looking car than B class. MB's sales pitch on sports tourer for B class just doesnot make sense.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks