Team-BHP - ikon 1.6
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   ikon 1.6 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7846-ikon-1-6-a.html)

i saw an advterisement in hindu on sep25th
saying they were offering 1.6 for 4.99 lks. folks do u think its a good offer as we think of putting on lpg kit .is ikon gonna continue even after fiesta is launched or shall we go for a flair or go for a baleno (but we dont like the bumpers of flair) can we consider corsa

and i thought if it should be a diesel car it should only be a palio .
Is it a good choice, i thought of ikon coz its with a boot and no disturbance for the cabin when we fit a gas kit.we dont think a small petrol car would be good thinking about the fuel price hike
finally
1,if petrol no small car gas kit problem
2. is ikon good for buying at this stage when it may be stopped
3,if diesel suggest me a good vehicle
budget can extend upto 6l
4 we thought of alto or wgonr but lpg kit problem(so no swift also)
5 how are the spares parts of ikon is it cheap
i luv palio d but unable to convince my father he thinks indica would be better

p.s is fitting lpg worth it coz even diesel prices are going up

Ikon 1.6 @ 4.99 is a good buy - is that on the road?

If you want diesel and have a budget of 6 lakhs, go for the Indigo. If your father is leaning towards the Indica, convince him to go for the Indigo - the TDi comes with pretty decent power, too. You may even be able to pick up the Sx version with leather seats and all sorts of bells and whistles for about 6.1 on the road.

Don't buy a Tata car, you're regret it for as long as you drive it. I know cause I had an Indigo for almost 2 years until we finally decided it wasn't worth it - bad average, bad fit and finish, horrible performance, spare parts not available for 2 months, zero resale value...

LPG kit in a new car would mean warranty void.
and since you have budget of 6L on road then indigo TDI is good, why the indica!?
As for LPG vs diesel, LPG prices will also go up since govt is planning to reduce subsidy.

Ikon 1.6 is ex showroom i am sure, however its a very good buy! Otherwise head where most bhpians do and thats to buy a Baleno! Good peformance and acceptable average as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Don't buy a Tata car, you're regret it for as long as you drive it. I know cause I had an Indigo for almost 2 years until we finally decided it wasn't worth it - bad average, bad fit and finish, horrible performance, spare parts not available for 2 months, zero resale value...

Was yours a petrol indigo?

Drifter

For that price, Ikon 1.6 is good, but nobody knows ikon will stay after Ford's new launch..I guess it would be better to wait till the new launch, then you can know whether ikon is discontinued or not and also compare the new car as it will be refreshing to have a new model...Incase Ikon stays you can still go for it with big discounts as many unsold will be available with the dealers.
Think of diesel only if you drive 1000+ kms a month... indigo would be a good bet if you are ok with the fit and finish...I would not prefer for fiat...With the company's present status I will not put my lakhs on this car even though palios and petras are rock solid and give you good service...
a baleno also is a good choice if yoc can live up with the looks.. good ride and handling, ample power, and good average...Check for the old version of baleno lxi where in you can get solid discounts...
And lastly does not recommend fitting an lpg kit on a new car

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
LPG kit in a new car would mean warranty void.
and since you have budget of 6L on road then indigo TDI is good, why the indica!?
As for LPG vs diesel, LPG prices will also go up since govt is planning to reduce subsidy.

what is the problem fitting a lpg kit on a new car.

and what do u mean by warrany void
if no lpg then not a petrol car
but diesel would fire to 40 rs that is also too much
i love a palio d elx wish palio belonged to some other company
please someone write positively about fiattttttttt

Quote:

if no lpg then not a petrol car
My making alterations to the fuel system your warranty gets void and incase of problem the company can blame it on your custom modifications!

How about a Accent CRDi, wondeful machine but will be costly by around 80k from your budget! Will give you good average and wont let you feel that you driving a Diesel!

It kind of seems odd to me to fit a LPG/CNG in a brand new car ... probably Ikon is not the car to meet your needs !

Also since LPG/CNG are dry fuels as compared to Diesel/Petrol ..they also wear down the engine faster.

cutting down to final options
fiat palio d elx/el(give me a suggestion which is better)
accent crdi
ikon 1.8 nxt (we stay in hyd but we can get it registerred to our village's address)
tata indigo( would marina be a problemas it is long and reversing is a slight problem for my dad?)
how is adventure??
guys this is my 5oth posttttttttttttt

Since you are looking at diesel go for Indigo/marina. It is not that big and power is also good at 70PS.
Avoid ikon 1.8D. Best is the Accent Viva Crdi if it falls in your budget(7L on road)

dear trinadha

the ikon 1.8 nxt isnt in production anymore, just forget abt it.

also the cheapest accent crdi viva will cost you 7.5 on road.

btw werent you supposed to come to my house yest?

My advice is, go for the Accent CRDi, if you can up your budget. It's easily the BEST diesel car around within that price, and you won't even feel as you are driving a diesel vehicle. And returns a 15-17 mileage as well, under normal driving cycle.
Then, of course, I can suggest the Skoda :)

If you are keen to put up an LPG kit, I suggest you go for a second hand car. I suggest a 3 year old Lancer.

M