Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:27   #46
BHPian

When will E-IV norms apply to the rest of country. Anybody? I think it is not worth if it takes too much time.

Also, what is the reason that these norms have not come into effect in whole country at the same time?
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:51   #47
BANNED

Mods please correct that list, Its only the Ikon 1.3 Rocam that has been discontinued & not the TDCI one. The list just mentions 'Ikon'
Old 3rd April 2010, 13:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Again if you are a tourist and you are taking this car to a banned city will the police/rto catch you.
I dont think the RTO will catch. If that was the case, what about the cars that are only BS2 compliant etc? Also, so many people in metros will be owning the cars which are on the list of non BS-4 compliant cars.

BTW, does this affect resale values? Like if someone wants to sell their Maruti 800, do they have to sell at a lesser price?
Old 3rd April 2010, 13:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

The real problem will arise only when the current BS II/BS II cars in metros have to renew their FCs. Will they be renewed or not?
Old 3rd April 2010, 13:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
I dont think the RTO will catch. If that was the case, what about the cars that are only BS2 compliant etc? Also, so many people in metros will be owning the cars which are on the list of non BS-4 compliant cars.

BTW, does this affect resale values? Like if someone wants to sell their Maruti 800, do they have to sell at a lesser price?

I also want some info on this, as my dad owns a 2001 M800 STD and we are planning to replace it later this year.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:28   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Fabia P is not going anywhere. The Autocar reporter is talking without all facts.

The new Chakan assembly plant was setup like a few months ago only, primarily for this car. And the Fabia petrol model sales are far more than the diesel.

They will tune the engine for BS4 norms and continue selling that.
I got a confirmation from Skoda India that Fabia 1.2 does not meet Bharat Stage IV emission norms. However, they will continue with the production of this car which will not be sold in the 13 cities where Stage IV norms are being enforced.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:20   #52
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I also want some info on this, as my dad owns a 2001 M800 STD and we are planning to replace it later this year.
I don't see how this would affect resale. As long as your old car is registered within a BS IV city (say, Mumbai), it can be freely transferred to a Mumbai buyer.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:35   #53
BHPian

Off Topic: Will ikon get the petrol engine from Figo. Or will it be available in diesel version only?
Old 8th April 2010, 13:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't see how this would affect resale. As long as your old car is registered within a BS IV city (say, Mumbai), it can be freely transferred to a Mumbai buyer.
A 2001 car will have only 6 years of FC left. Will the FC be renewed or not? The answer to that may affect the resale.

As for Alto, I visited ABT Guindy during lunch time. Altos out of stock as of now. New BS IV stock expected by end May. They don't have any idea about the prices either.

This could be the reason for the drop in sales figures of the Alto for the month of March as well.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Doesnt Omni and M800 have the same engine, how come Omni is still kept alive?
Because the sales figures justify that ? And also because it is sort of owned by the government ?
Old 8th April 2010, 15:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Because the sales figures justify that ? And also because it is sort of owned by the government ?
The Indian govt. does not own any share in MSIL.

The Omni nowadays sell more in the non-metro markets which don't fall under the BS-IV norms. So it seems a logical decision to continue its production.
Old 9th April 2010, 08:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Altos out of stock as of now. New BS IV stock expected by end May.
What overconfidence MSIL!!? Alto will be disappeared from market for 1 and half month. Open market for SPARK ( and lower version of santro)!!
Old 9th April 2010, 10:25   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
What overconfidence MSIL!!? Alto will be disappeared from market for 1 and half month. Open market for SPARK ( and lower version of santro)!!
Believe me, there are people willing to wait that long rather than buy some other car!

May be MSIL will try to fire up the A-Star sales during this oppurtunity. Any discounts going for that model?
Old 9th April 2010, 12:04   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Believe me, there are people willing to wait that long rather than buy some other car!
Yes you are right. This is the reputation MSIL earned in 25 years.

Quote:
May be MSIL will try to fire up the A-Star sales during this oppurtunity. Any discounts going for that model?
Bingo. Gansan, how the thought came??
i had seen an add in today newspaper saying that a-star starting with Rs. 3.19 lacs. Though there may all offer inclusive but your thought is correct. MSIL is trying to push the a-star sale during this bank period.

now my confusion--
A-start is having 1.0 l engine and belongs to B+ segment. Why people always compare A-star with alto!? A-star is even above wegon-r & santro.

Last edited by (Alok) : 9th April 2010 at 12:06.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
A-start is having 1.0 l engine and belongs to B+ segment. Why people always compare A-star with alto!? A-star is even above wegon-r & santro.
Because it is sold as the Alto in Europe and elsewhere, and people here are also aware of that. Even if they drop the price of the A-Star, but if it matches or exceeds the volume of the Alto, they will still make a profit.

Last edited by Gansan : 9th April 2010 at 12:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks