Team-BHP - Cars to cost more from April 2010 for BS (IV) norms
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cars to cost more from April 2010 for BS (IV) norms (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/78671-cars-cost-more-april-2010-bs-iv-norms.html)

No this is not due to the Kirit S. Parikh committee report's implementation. This is due to the BS(IV) norms effective from today. All manufacturers have decided to pass on the costs to the consumers. Even petrol cars prices will also go up, but percentage wise for diesel cars it will be more.

I guess no one saw this one coming again in terms of a one more price hike on cars.

Source : Diesel cars to cost more from today

Diesel cars to cost more from today

By Shweta Bhanot

Diesel passenger vehicles are expected to cost more than their petrol counterparts from April, with car companies looking at passing on the investments made by them to meet the new Bharat Stage IV emission norms (BS-IV) (equivalent to Euro-IV) to the end customers. This is on the back of the improvements achieved in diesel under the BS-IV and hence involving significant investments made by the companies to get their engines calibrated for it. An investment of close to Rs 25,000 crore is believed to have been made by auto companies to meet the new emission norms.
A price increase of 1-2% is expected across the board by the car makers due to BS-IV this April. This will be the third price hike by the automobile industry after January and post-budget in February, amounting together to around 3-4%.
Typically, a diesel passenger vehicle costs around Rs 70,000 to Rs 1 lakh more than petrol passenger vehicles, depending upon the brand and the model. An increase in fuel prices by Rs 0.50 a litre is expected to decelerate the demand for the diesel cars. As much as 55-60% vehicles in the Indian market are petrol passenger vehicles. General Motors India vice-president (corporate affairs) P Balendran said, "We will increase prices between 0.5-1.5% across our models expect Beat. The price rise over diesel cars will be slightly more than the petrol due to the improvement achieved."

Explaining what new emission norms really mean, Maruti Suzuki chief general manager (research & development) CV Raman said, "In terms of diesel, there is more impact as from 350-ppm it will come down to 50-ppm. For petrol, it will be brought down from 150-ppm to 50-ppm, which is an achievement making emission norms 50% more stringent."
"There will be an increase in prices but we have not quantified yet as to how much," Maruti Suzuki India executive officer (marketing & sales) Mayank Pareek said.
Hyundai Motor India director (marketing & sales) Arvind Saxena said, "There will be an increase in prices from April across the board. The increase in prices will be more on diesel vehicles compared to petrol." Even Tata Motors has talked about increase in the prices.
All the 13 cities including New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra, Surat, Ahmedabad, Pune and Sholapur that follow BS-III are scheduled to move up to BS-IV from April. While other parts of the country which were to move up to BS-III from BS-II will see that happening not before October this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsan02 (Post 1815030)
Source : Diesel cars to cost more from today

Diesel cars to cost more from today

By Shweta Bhanot

Quite a misleading headline I must say. It is not that prices of petrol vehicles aren't going up to meet the new norms. If Maruti didn't increase Swift petrol's price, it was because the car now attracts lesser excise due to the new K series engine being below 1200 CC.

The difference between BS-II and BS-III emissions wasn't significant. BS-III compliance could be achieved by minor tweaking of BS-II engines. The shift to BS-IV involves a quantum jump, just like the shift from BS-I to BS-II did.

I know for a fact that TATA Manza Quadrajet vehicles that were booked on March-2010 itself had a price hike of about 15k because of BS-IV compliance. So the price hike is already in place in case of TATA Motors at least.

Even fule prices have gone up quite marginally from today due to BSIV grade quaility. So an up in the price of car ownership all around

What I understand is that the main catch is upgrading the rest of India from BS-II to BS-III. Teh PSUs have arm twisted the Govt. for a 'phased rollout' by 1 October. The change in BS-III to BS-IV is relatively marginal for petrol. Also, I see no point in the BS-II Premium Fuels (I hear they will be discontinued, at least until proper BS-III/IV Premium at 95RON is launched) being continued. I have stopped buying them.

And one day buying a car will become more expensive than a house and hopefully they will add more paper work also :p

When will this automobile and petrol price increase stop!?

My question may be a little off topic but I had to ask: Have all cars, which were previously BS III compliant been up to BS IV standards? Have cars like the NANO been moved up to BS IV standards?

Are you asking whether whether manufacturers are upgrading their earlier BSIII to BSIV.

If that is the case, several cars are not being upgraded and are being discontinued, as the cost of upgrade is not resulting in the desired cost-benefit ratio

There is a thread on this "cars to be discontinued due to BSIV"

check it out

What is the impact of using BS-II fuel in BS-IV cars? This could be an issue to drive new cars outside of the BS-IV fuel cities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishwas (Post 1815940)
What is the impact of using BS-II fuel in BS-IV cars? This could be an issue to drive new cars outside of the BS-IV fuel cities.

you could probably find the answer here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...y-euro-iv.html

What will be the future sale of premium petrol/diesel in the 13 cities where the BSIV fuel is supposed to be available from today. Are they still selling them? Companies were making good profit on this.

CLJ

Bolero Prices have been increased by 26,100
any idea whether it is just for Crde or Across the range?
Mahindra & Mahindra hikes prices of its Vehicles after BS IV Emission Norms | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog