Team-BHP - Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/78775-mercedes-benz-launches-e-250-cdi-classic-priced-rs-40-20-000-ex-delhi.html)

Mercedes Benz has launched a stripped down version of the E 250 CDI called classic, priced at mouth watering Rs. 40,20,000 ex-showroom, Delhi.

Equipment differences:Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02629.jpg
alloys from S 350 CDI

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02630.jpg
halogen headlights with convectional round fog lamps are changes at the front end.

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02632.jpg
CDI badging of E 250 diesel blueefficiency

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02633.jpg
steering column in full leather. wooden insert deleted.

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02634.jpg
gauge cluster has minute trim changes.

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02635.jpg
central console is same as elegence and avantgarde.

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02636.jpg
5 speed AT and radio comand control standard. No paddle shifters.

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02638.jpg
memory seats for driver with 3 settings also standard even on base classic version.

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02640.jpg
classic gets different wood trim. memory seats standard for front passenger also.

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02641.jpg

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02642.jpg

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02643.jpg

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02644.jpg
audio jacks for all types of digital music players

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02645.jpg
front passenger seat controls with 3 memory settings

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02631.jpg
sunroof deleted.

Mercedes Benz launches E 250 CDI classic priced at Rs. 40,20,000 (ex-Delhi)-dsc02639.jpg
interiors are grey in colour

In addition to this, the E 350 CDI is now also available in elegence trim, as compared to avantgarde trim earlier. It is priced about 1,40,000 cheaper.

Current prices of E class range:

E 250 CDIE 250 petrol:E 350 CDI:E 350 petrol:(prices in bracket indicate on road, Delhi including insurance, registration and road tax)
all prices in rupees.

Mercedes Benz will also launch the new E class coupe on either the 7th or a day or two after that in Mumbai, priced at approx. Rs. 57-58 lakh in E 350 petrol version.

I fail to understand why they had to launch a strip down version that too with a mere difference of about 1.4 lakh!!!

Any idea whats in their mind??

INMHO, to save a few lacs here and there while going for a classic version i think its a bad compromise. when you are buying a merc. i say one should spend it like the car deserves. no sunroof is okay and even the wooden strips removed i don't mind. but i don't like the removal of these features.the rear red led lights are there or gone i wonder?. that too INMO,is a safety feature. bmw has dynamic emergency brake lights. i don't know if mercedes benz uses such technology.

i would consider the above as safety features. and we all know how badly we need good night vision. especially in the dark, when driving at high speeds. i would also if possible exchange those alloys with 5 spoke AMG styled ones. and get the car in silver amg style. if only i had 40 odd lacs to spare :p

this will be mostly bought by cab operators.. . like ORIX

Great news Sid, thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caramelo (Post 1817685)
the rear red led lights are there or gone i wonder?. that too INMO,is a safety feature. bmw has dynamic emergency brake lights. i don't know if mercedes benz uses such technology.

This feature was first introduced in Merc as part of standard pre-safe system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1817515)
Mercedes Benz will also launch the new E class coupe on either the 7th or a day or two after that in Mumbai, priced at approx. Rs. 57-58 lakh in E 350 petrol version.

Any plan for cabriolet in India ?

The price down by MB is a complete SCAM they have taken away stuff that was available as options = nearly Rs. 5 lacs in the past!!! I say take away the electric memory seat ( a pain to maintain in the medium term) throw the biXenons, wood steering, and elegance chrome strips back in and price the damn car 5 lacs down MB you CHEATS & Cheapskates! This car should be 35 lacs ex showroom it will do more numbers thus increasing your goodwill and some volumes which will happen anyways. Who in his right mind will save on just 1.5 lacs to get a step down classic in this spec?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1817813)
Great news Sid, thank you!

This feature was first introduced in Merc as part of standard pre-safe system.

yeah i thought they must have had it. but was not sure. i forgot that presafe systems have lot of features. (sunroof closing, seat belts tightning etc). mercedes benz were always first in safety systems. but what i am wondering is that with change in the lights to normal non led lamps. will they compromise on dynamic braking lights?

This is not really a stripped down version, Rather only a trim downgrade.

They should Ideally have launched this without Memory seats / Electric sunblind / Parktronic and try price it around 35 - 38 Ex showroom, and a distant dream would be a manual transmission.

the main target market is fleet customers, it comes only in white, black and silver with grey interior.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammerHead (Post 1817638)
I fail to understand why they had to launch a strip down version that too with a mere difference of about 1.4 lakh!!!

Tour operators as well as price-sensitive customers. This is the entry-level E-Class diesel and has a good chance of becoming the best seller.

40.xx lakhs is a tad on the higher side for the base variant. Plus, that's the price for Delhi which has amongst the lowest taxes (think of Bangaloreans :Shockked:). A more realistic approach would have been to price the E250 Classic at about 37 - 38 lakhs.

E 250 is 51,97,948 and E350 CDI is 59,42,813 in Bangalore. :( We get looted more than any other Indians. Pretty harsh stuff

New E class coupe coming on 7th in Mumbai.