Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2006, 13:28   #46
Team-BHP Support

Speeds of buses need to be controlled, acc to me.. As pointed out earlier on this thread, even a rally driver wud be put to shame with the way these bus drivers in Kerala drive..!! If u happen to be a hapless 2 wheeler rider with a bus comin up behind u, or in front of u, u wud be forgiven for ploughing ur bike into some neighbouring paddy field to prevent being smashed.

As reg the Volvos, there was a case in Bangalore recently where a BMTC Volvo B7R bus killed an HAL employee due to overspeeding. Driver fled the scene, while the locals torched the Volvo. 75 lakh up in flames... !!
Old 25th November 2006, 16:07   #47
fb1
BHPian

This is a really smart move, must be enforced... maybe increase the speed to 45 but this will definitely save a lot of lives
Old 25th November 2006, 16:41   #48
BHPian

Hey, guys sorry for the late reply..i'm in an opinion that it should be implemented.I work in a place called kalamassery where there's a main university junction.you should actually see the buses speeding through the signal.They dont even wait for the signal, they come at very high speeds and cross.If someone in the front is waiting for the signal, They continously honk until the frustrated guy leave way..This is a very pathetic situation here.Another one major problem is almost all the bus drivers in cochin are gundaas ..The thing i've heard about the speed breaker is that the manufacture of the device itself is providing the provision for increasing the speed.dunno whether its rite, bu heard it form my colleagues out here..
Old 25th November 2006, 16:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Just checked up on how speed governors are implemented in KSRTC[K-Kerala] buses.There is a bolt placed under the accelerator pedal so you cannot depress the accelerator pedal below a certain limit.

An Indian Jugaad.
Old 27th November 2006, 09:23   #50
Team-BHP Support

Bolt under the accelerator???
Well, i am sure they can very well file it, so as to reduce the height... that way, it can be depressed further.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks