Team-BHP - No more Audi Q7 3.0 TDI???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   No more Audi Q7 3.0 TDI??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/78893-no-more-audi-q7-3-0-tdi.html)

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where this went but just wanted to find out about this. I recently visited two Audi dealers in NCR and the word I got from both was that there are no more Audi Q7 3.0 TDI vehicles for sale :eek:. This model is apparently being replaced by the 4.2 TDI. Both dealers seemed very keen to get people to book this model and there was absolutely no mention of the 3.0 ever being offered again.

The reason given for this change was that the old 3.0 engine was Euro 3 compliant only and that starting April 1st, every car sold needed to be Euro 4 compliant hence prompting the engine change.

My questions regarding this are

1. Has anyone else heard about the same thing (and can confirm)?

2. What is the point of not having this model (albeit with a new 3.0 engine that meets emissions norms) which probably provided the most sales volumes?

3. Does anyone know if and when a new version of the 3.0 will be released?

Thanks in advance. Mods, I apologize if this is in the wrong area of the forum. Just wasn't sure where it went

I've never heard anything about Audi stopping 3.0TDI. Most of the sales of Q7 are from the 3.0 TDI and I dont think Audi will stop it. Sometimes, the dealers might be lying to increase the bookings for 4.2 TDI. Not sure though.

yes, I have heard the same from Audi Hyderabad dealer. Audi currently stopped the Q7 3.0 TDI. I am not sure of the exact reason for this. Currently they are taking bookings only for the 4.2 TDi Q7. However, the sales person was telling me that they are going to take a minimum of 4 to 5 months to accept bookings for the Q7, 3.0 TDI again.

Adithya,

It could be possible that the Q7 3.0 TDI as is may not be BS IV compliant

They need to tweak the same. The reason why I say this is that the same Q7 avatar with new technologies is Euro 6 compliant which comes into effect in 2014 per the link

You may have to wait for the tweaks to be completed and the price increase associated with it

Regards

Sateesh

IT maybe to force people into booking the 4.2 TDI. As far as 3.0 TDI engine is concerned, it IS BSIV complaint.
The dealers had to come up with some excuse right?

Ask the dealer if they'd take a booking or sell you a A4 3.0 TDi ?? If yes then the Euro IV thing is crap. As the engines are the same, as is the 3.0 TDi in the A6 / Q5..

Cheers

The Audi Q7 3.0 TDI is still there.

The problem is huge order backlog of existing Q7 3.0 TDI which audi is facing difficult to fulfill, for resaons which are unknown.
Same for audi's A4, Q5 and A6 diesel cars, which are not available at many dealers. This is one reason why audi is frequently promoting its TSI engines in recent print ad commercials.

There is some tussle with the ARAI for emission compliance (from what I have heard, or is it some fual quality issue?) and the diesel cars will be freely available from august/september onwards.

The q7 4.2 TDI will be launched on April 24th. But lets see how audi copes up with its delivery standards, which are already below par currently.

I can confirm that Audi is looking at jump starting its sales for the 4.2 TDi as it gives them better margins.

Audi 3.0 TDI Engine is still globally available, same applies for India - In the A6, Q5 & A4 & A8 - it is available (maybe not readily) but there is no question of it being discontinued only for the Q7.

However, as SidIndica mentioned, their supply chain has been going through ridiculous issues - I've heard everything from overbought, to under forecast (dealers end), to homologation issues & BSIV & Euro certification snags + they have a ridiculous no-competition clause - (cars available in Jaipur/Mumbai & Chandigarh but were not sold to me in Delhi due to this.)

The dealers could be to blame for adopting poor allocation policies and Audi India for having a near 6-8 months delivery cycle on a car not 'pre-ordered' by the dealer.

Its a joke either which way, i'm sure you will be able to order the car but there will definately be a 5-6 month waiting period. Why don't you check out the GL 350?