Team-BHP - Auto Show South in Hyderabad on 13th-15th May 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Auto Show South in Hyderabad on 13th-15th May 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/79031-auto-show-south-hyderabad-13th-15th-may-2010-a.html)

Hi guys,

If some one out there is still not aware of the event which is coming up at the Hyderabad Hitex Center, then please read this.

CII, ACMA, FADA & SIAM are organizing "Auto Show South" in Hyderabad in 14th-15th May 2010. This is a 1st regional show from the makers of Auto Expo which is held once in every 2 years in Pragati Maidan New Delhi.

Most of the Indian Automobile Manufacturers will come together at Hyderabad for this show.

Coming Friday I might have to go to Hyderabad for a recce visit, with some people from CII.

Source: SIAM

Watch out this section for more updates.

Psst: I tried calling Autopsyche as he can also be a part of this event, however, he didn't respond to call made from my office.

The show dates are:
13th May 2010 (Media day) Not open for public
14th May 2010
15th May 2010 &
16th May 2010 for public

Venue, Hitex Exhibiton Centre, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.

Going to Hyderabad tomorrow to see the venue with a team from CII, will click pics and upload them here day after.

Cool. But what kind of participation are we talking here. Will it be full scale or a very toned down version?

@mile: It wont be a bigg participation like "The Auto Expo", but will have some stunt activities and torture track for suv.

Guys just came back from Hyderabad and started my pc while sipping water.
I wish I could spend some more time at Hyderabad.
The venue was nice and had some huge halls.
I saw some nice and some w&w rides in Hyderabad, but, because I was moving in a cab (a MERU cab Logan) and the rides I spotted were moving too and mostly on the other side of the road, I couldn't click pics :-(
I saw a Red indigo with a transparent spoiler
a yellow zen with negative offset alloys (very wide tires)
a white maruti 800 (old model may be 95-96) with negative offset alloys (very wide tires)
a zen with 14" tires
a black accent with 15" white rims
maroon civic with BBS rims at the airport
A brand new white polo
modded sonata
and a drag of innova and bmw x3, lol the innova was left farr behind.
will try to post pics late in the night, or tomorrow from office.
cya.

psst: 1 thing I couldn't understood why all the auto rickshaws had a sticker "4 in all" (may be they can accommodate 4 people?)

a bird view of the newly made highway in Hyderabad
Auto Show South in Hyderabad on 13th-15th May 2010-img_6646-medium.jpg

Highway to heaven oops HITEX (a MERU indigo, while going towards Hitex)

Auto Show South in Hyderabad on 13th-15th May 2010-img_6647-medium.jpg

Auto Show South in Hyderabad on 13th-15th May 2010-img_6648-medium.jpg

Bond James Bond
4 in all why ? where, when ? you should have told me earlier..

Auto Show South in Hyderabad on 13th-15th May 2010-img_6684-medium.jpg

will post more pics soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 1837585)

Bond James Bond
4 in all why ? where, when ? you should have told me earlier..

That's the Hyderabadi way to remind the auto driver that auto rickshaw is meant for only 3 passengers.
4 in all = 3 passengers + driver. :D

Awaiting more details on the auto show.
It will be in the Hitex or HICC? The last show was in HICC and even though it's huge, it got really crowded on the last day and the organizers had to give away key chains and pens to people to the crowd so that they leave the venue soon.

@pulsar: this one will be held in Hitex Exhibition center, Izzat Nagar. Here we have enough space to accommodate the auto enthusiasts. Hope to see you there.

4 in all includes the driver as well

back to the topic, is this similar to what they had last year or is it more b2b oriented fair

Quote:

Originally Posted by indian21r (Post 1838636)
4 in all includes the driver as well

back to the topic, is this similar to what they had last year or is it more b2b oriented fair

hmm, buddy I have no idea what happened in Hitex last year, but, yeah, this show is gonna be for both b2b and b2c, to be precise b2c more, this is like a baby Auto Expo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 1838758)
hmm, buddy I have no idea what happened in Hitex last year, but, yeah, this show is gonna be for both b2b and b2c, to be precise b2c more, this is like a baby Auto Expo.

Link to details/Pics of the last show:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ow-2009-a.html

Hoping that this time it would be better! :)

Last year we had the Ist International Auto Expo in Hitex in Hyderabad,which was very well organised.Deccan Heritage Automobile Association (DHAA) was responsible for displaying some great Vintage cars and motorcycles.
Im in touch with the organisers for this year event too.
@nick..is this a different show? I remember last year too,there were FADA participating in the expo.How are you associated with the event?

@pulsar & hill: Well for the background, as we all know that "Auto Expo" which is organized once in every 2 years in New Delhi is a very bigg show and had taken India to a different level of Auto Shows..

Still various automobile manufacturers had conveyed to SIAM that one "Auto Expo" in two years is not enough for the industry in today’s context, since it has grown significantly in the last 25 years when the Auto Expo was conceptualize for Delhi. Also, at the same time there is a proliferation of private auto shows in various cities were members directly or through dealers are participating.

Keeping these developments in mind, it was decided that there is a need for SIAM to reach out to cities other than Delhi to organize low cost shows for the local markets. The idea is to showcase the existing products of the entire industry under the association banner – reaching out to customers together.

As a first step a Bus and Special Vehicle Show was organized in Bangalore in 2009, which was highly successful from the point of view of attendance of visitors and their profile as well as appreciation of members because of the kind of exposure that they got from the participation.
We are now planning to get FADA and ACMA also together to support this event.

As far my relation is concerned with this event, I work with SIAM as an Asst. Manager in New Delhi.

Wow, now how does one get tickets/passes?

Last time I missed this.. dont want to do the same this year!

You can buy the tickets at the venue. I did that last year. Also, I have seen people carrying a few passes as well. If you get them dont have to buy ticket at the venue.

Regards,
Hydswift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 1839569)
Wow, now how does one get tickets/passes?

Last time I missed this.. dont want to do the same this year!