Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 21:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

India's Best 'Dada'giri cars

There are some cars you see on the road and it instantly throws out a massive road presence. You feel the person sitting in the car is someone very powerful or notorious

The car definitely draws eyes wherever it goes and when you get out of it, you can be assured a few people will look at you with envy and probably even fear.

You come up behind someone and even before you honk, the person in front generally gives way.

These are atleast what I call Gansta or in Indian context 'Dada Giri' cars

A few cars that immediately come to my mind are

1. Mahindra Scorpio
2. Skoda Octavia
3. Honda Accord
4. Chevrolet Captiva
5. Ford Endeavour

Please add to the list and better still post pictures of what you feel are truly Gansta pics of Indian cars.
Old 6th April 2010, 22:02   #2
PCS
BHPian

According To Me The Dada -giri Cars Of India Are Only Toyota Range Of Suv's\\

Fortuner
Prado
Land Cruiser

And

Of Course Some Imports Like Lexus
PCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2010, 22:06   #3
BHPian

Jeep ( don't know if its a car ) is the ultimate Dadagiri vehicle.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2010, 22:08   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Classic. Nothing has quite the same knockout effect.
Old 6th April 2010, 22:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yep. How could I forget the Fortuner and the Land Cruiser (Any colour, but all black would be killers)

+1 @PCS

Dear Mods. Sorry to post in succession, but wanted to put a message through

Request for the title to be changed to

'India's Best 'Dada'giri / Gansta rides'

To make posting easier and not just restricted to cars

Last edited by Dippy : 7th April 2010 at 08:34. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 6th April 2010, 22:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

With due respect, nothing beats a Tata Sierra.
It was the best DADAGIRI SUV. People actually made way for it. Only car that grabbed eyeballs even in rearview mirrors. IMO It paved the way & passed on the legacy to Tata Safari.
You may cross a Pajero, Landcruiser or whatever on the road but these two Tata SUV's command respect that is indeed earned.
Old 6th April 2010, 22:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

None of the imports i.e Lexus, landcruisers, Prado's count as dadagiri car's more like padagiri . These cars cost so much that half the time you are sweating that the mad 800 driver who bought his for 25k and does not give damn if it touched you, your fender and fondled all and sundry sitting inside Tons of folks who can't tell their bonnet from their boot judgement wise these are to be watched out for as nothing in their control, then there are those who have no skill but think they can keep up with you these are managable if ones skill is good, but the worse are the totally MAD one's who don't give a damn about their cars and love to just scrap you at any instigation added to which they mostly doing this with someone else's car = Tourist Taxi guys. But they to are on the decline what with numbers on cars asking for driver feedback, th private car guys who don't care are thew worst.

Trust me folks I have driven them on our roads and half the time you are breaking into sweat and trust me most 15 lac and above cars owners/drivers break a sweat as to replace anything means a big hole in the pocket and everyone driving around in cheap cars know this which is why they keep leaning and pushing these exotics in traffic...I have been on both sides and have had a ball of time in the Tata Safari and trust me people around you know that every damn thing is cheap to replace and any tin work touch looks no better or worse that it came from the factory. I had a Safari for 5 years and then a 25 lac Merc E class and now an Innova and the redeeming part about down grading is peace of mind, no dinks or hits and you can get away bullying people BIG BIG time so any MUV/SUV below 10 lacs is the real DADAGIRI car and amongst them the Scorpio, Safari, and Innova take the cake as they are the most powerful as one needs getaway acceleration when things start to get crazy.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2010 at 10:36. Reason: Post edited. Extra smiley removed. Also please take it easy on the language! If a word *s out, you shouldn't be using it.
Old 6th April 2010, 22:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Droptop old Merc 500SEL and 500SL's make a very big effect on the road. DRAMATIC! Not to forget cars like Speedy's BIG DADDY. All mercedes, I would say, are dadagiri material ;-)
Old 6th April 2010, 23:10   #9
BHPian

A white Scorpio with jet black tints all around will be a gangsta car for sure! Sure they are common, but their size is truly intimidating on the road! Among sedans it has to be the Accord. Throw on some bling rims and you can pass for Pablo Escobar ;-)
Old 6th April 2010, 23:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

white ambassador with red beacon and a govt number plate.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:22   #11
Team-BHP Support

India's best Dadagiri car is the Tata Indicab. You buy one of those for yourself, and you will strangely find everybody making way for you. I'm personally quite scared of those critters.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:23   #12
BHPian

I think you guys are forgetting the Grand daddy of all.

Any and every car on the road or on this tread will quickly make way for any white or dark blue Amby with either a red or blue beacon light on top of it. Any challengers to it would be defence vehicles especially the TATRA(with huge wheels) and Shaktiman trucks. Nissan 1 tonners and the Jonga were also king and prince during their time.

Without the beacon light I would put my weight behind any beat up rusted vehicle especially a Tata Xenon.
home

On Kerala roads though the Padmini which I used to own till a few years ago was the king. With the Padmini I could bully even the murderous Tipper lorries who made way lest they scraped my car and lost a days earnings or till the court released it. I miss my Padmini which can now be bought for about Rs15000/-
Old 6th April 2010, 23:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, the best Dadagiri cars in India are :

1) Mahindra Scorpio
2) Tata Safari
3) Ford Endy.
4) Skoda Octavia A4/5.
5) Honda Accord
6) Maruti Gypsy
7) Mahindra jeeps.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th April 2010 at 23:28.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:31   #14
BHPian

Dadagiri cars? I feel the best dadagiri are the Indicabs On a serious note, I think all the SUV's come under the category of best dadagiri cars like Scorpio, Endavour, Captiva, etc. White Innovas with dark tints also look the same.

Last edited by prateekm : 6th April 2010 at 23:34.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
A white Scorpio with jet black tints all around will be a gangsta car for sure! Sure they are common, but their size is truly intimidating on the road! Among sedans it has to be the Accord. Throw on some bling rims and you can pass for Pablo Escobar ;-)
Bingo. Same thing I had in mind and you see quite a few of these on our roads actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
white ambassador with red beacon and a govt number plate.
There is a lot of Dada giri in that equation
thedreamcatcher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks