Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 14:03   #226
BHPian

Re: 'Gangsta' mods :)

I remember seeing a long thread on Gangsta cars....with the Chrysler 300 C on it, but i too can't locate it
Old 14th December 2011, 13:17   #227
BHPian

Re: India's Best 'Dada'giri cars

I guess this is the 'Indian' gangta cars thread
Old 14th December 2011, 18:31   #228
Senior - BHPian

Ideally when referring to Gansta mods, the aim is not to go with a target list of what mods I am going to make. Very well done sleeper sedans or SUVs with a black paint job can get the gansta look.

It has to have this ability to instill fear or respect just by one look at the car. If anyone has played GTA, there is a black gansta car that one can use. It has got this wide, long and lowered look. Loved driving that car around in the game
Old 14th December 2011, 18:38   #229
BHPian

Every time I see a MARUTI OMNI, I get this feeling that it has been used for a kidnap at least once.
mempheS.D is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 19:36   #230
BHPian

A black Bentley Mulsanne with a Black Range Rover following it around both having vip plates, that's full on dadagiri scene.
Attached Thumbnails
India's Best 'Dada'giri cars-2dddddd.jpg  

Mirage is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 19:39   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
A black Bentley Mulsanne with a Black Range Rover following it around both having vip plates, that's full on dadagiri scene.
INDEED ! Considering the aesthetics of the surrounds which underpins the supposition you've stated.
Old 13th January 2012, 11:01   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
If I am not wrong the Bentley is WB registered. I have encountered this convoy (another gypsy behind the RR) being driven really rashly in bandra.Must be belonging to a real gangster only.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 11:18   #233
Senior - BHPian

Man, that black Bentley with a Range Rover support vehicle exudes sheer gangster aura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
If I am not wrong the Bentley is WB registered.
So literally, it's owned by a Dada
anekho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 11:44   #234
BHPian

Nice thread.
I see two views, one view is the vehicle having road presence to the point where others make way for it. The other being the vehicle imbibing the owner/driver with connotations of "dada", "bhai" just by their reputation/looks etc.,

I think most would agree on the scorpio. True blood dadagiri vehicle.
Some of the others i think (with embellishments as mentioned) ---

White mitsubishi lancer with a guy inside in gold chain and shades.

Toyota land cruiser, white with black glasses. (some film stars also use it to clean pavements of unsuspecting pavement dwellers)

And for some reason, a Ford Ikon. Somehow its symbolic of brash, unscrupulous elements of society (no offense to ikon owners here )
Old 13th January 2012, 12:47   #235
BHPian

According to me there are different types of 'dada's' and hence different types of 'dada'giri' cars,

some of them like to sit high above the ground, among the clouds (smoke), these are 'SUV/boss dada's' and own huge SUV's like Safari, endeavor, prados and the like. The road automatically makes way for that or else they run over the road. (by road I also mean motorists)

then you have those who like to sit in low slung, closer to the ground (figuratively and literally), so these are the 'sports/mafia dada's' who are seated in saloons, sports cars and the like. The road automatically smoothens out and clears up for them or else they will do exactly that to the road.

Whats common between the above two categories is that either 'Dada's' like bling'in the car up with dark tints, bull bars etc and also bling themselves up with a custom made ' one buttonless shirt' gold chains etc.

You also have dada's who are confused between which category they fall within so they make their presence felt with one of each type of car (as illustrated by Mirage)
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 20:40   #236
BHPian

Black Ambassador! No real dada would use it these days, however noone would mess with the owner of such a car!
Old 17th April 2019, 20:45   #237
BHPian

Mahindra Thar is one modern car that people don't want to mess with. Case in point: parking on pavements is illegal in Kolkata. However, just beside my friend's house, this dude parks his Thar on the pavement, and no one, not even the police dares to question him. The dude's not a Dada or anything, he's an IT professional.

India's Best 'Dada'giri cars-20190407_1527211.jpg

India's Best 'Dada'giri cars-20190407_152707.jpg
Old 17th April 2019, 23:13   #238
Senior - BHPian

A white ambassador for sure. You never know who it belongs to.
A Scorpio too, with the flag pole. You don't actually need to put a flag on it, just the flag pole is suggestive enough.
A white gypsy is soft top is pretty mean looking too.

On the flip side, I used to own a silver Indica Xeta. Wherever I went, friends and family always assumed its a taxi
Old 18th April 2019, 01:30   #239
BHPian

In this day and age, the make and model does not matter... you could be in a humble indica and put the fear of god in others or you could be in a high end SUV and still get beat up. People give a damn IMHO. Be stuck in a mile long traffic jam on a rainy night in Krishnigiri toll post (Chennai Bangalore Highway) at the end of a long weekend, you will know what i am talking about ! Any amount of dadagiri will ensure a dented face and car..
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 16:00   #240
BHPian

Interesting thread

The "dadagiri car" in the current age has to be Toyota Fortuner IMO. Most of the shady characters are seen in them, esp those (and usually these types are) involved in real estate dealings.
null is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks