Team-BHP Support

The upper echelon's of Dadagiri can been seen in

Nissan X trails
VW Touregs
Range Rovers

and... Bentleys
Old 7th April 2010, 11:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

I would say the ultimate dadagiri vehicle as per me is a White Gypsy with front cabin only soft top, two huge guys standing in the back with a long antenna in the rear followed by a black/white safari fully tinted with a fancy number plate.

Pramod
Old 7th April 2010, 11:23   #33
BHPian

no way fellas!
Audi Q7 quattro (black or dark grey)
RangeRover Sport
and of course the Chevy Escalade!!

I know the threads is based on Indian Gangsta vehicles., But me dont think there are arent any 'intimidating' vehicles in India!!

but these ones i've mentioned above, sure will make you think twice to overtake/ block the way!!
Old 7th April 2010, 11:24   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Why is an Octavia considered a dadagiri car? Its an understated, economical and practical car. Hardly a comparison to the Scorps, Safaris and so forth
If you've been to Hyderabad, you'll realize why the Octavia is a dadagiri car, specially when its driven by a burly fellow with innumerous gold rings and a thick bracelet, sporting a registration number such as 9, 99, 999, 9999.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

I'd define a 'Dadagiri' car as one that would give you a sweaty eyebrows feeling when you see one in the rear view mirror. My list is like this.. in decreasing order of Dadagiri

1. Tata Sumo - I'll say run when you see this one.
2. Scorpio - Too much Torque for many nincompoops on the road, give way
3. Safari - A lot more graceful than the Scrop, but will still make you move
4. Endeavor - Covers up most of the rear view mirror, better give way or get run over
5. Fortuner - Absolutely menacing when one is behind you.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:42   #36
BHPian

For me, it has to be a Black Tata Xenon with lotsa chrome on it! It will be a true gangsta car then.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:03   #37
Team-BHP Support

True story :

Dealership somewhere in Bihar.
Man walks in carrying a rifle, asks to sit in the Scorpio.

Sits in the car, asks the price, and hands over cash on the spot.

Salesman asks if he would like to take a test-drive first. Guy replies that all he wanted to do was make sure his rifle would fit in the car whilst being held upright.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2010 at 12:05.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2010, 12:06   #38
BHPian

But can I mention Volvo buses here ? Man. I get shivers when I see one charging at me in my RVM. More so if it is a multi axle one.

On a serious note, I have seen a lot of wannabe dadas in Scorpios. So lost respect for that vehicle. (No offense to any owners here.) The Endy and the Safari are cars that I give way to even before they honk. And yes, the Fortuner too.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 7th April 2010 at 12:07.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
True story :

Dealership somewhere in Bihar.
Man walks in carrying a rifle, asks to sit in the Scorpio.

Sits in the car, asks the price, and hands over cash on the spot.

Salesman asks if he would like to take a test-drive first. Guy replies that all he wanted to do was make sure his rifle would fit in the car whilst being held upright.

And I am sure the guy installed an aftermarket openable sun roof to fire the upright rifle, whenever he felt the need to flex his muscles !
Old 7th April 2010, 12:15   #40
Team-BHP Support

Why does one have to "give way" to vehicles? I just don't bother, even if it is a big Hummer behind my back. If somebody wants to overtake me, they'll have to do it themselves without my help. That is, they'll have to wait for an opportunity and then gun their accelerator to get past me.

I actually don't get this "Big Size = Dadagiri" concept.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:23   #41
BHPian

This thread is hilarious! But a lot of fake dadagiri cars are being suggested - like somebody else said above; You can make the occupants of Mercedeses, Land Cruisers and Lexuses, weep and shiver with a M-800 (unless they are netas in the middle of a convoy of speeding Sumos and Scorpios).

One dude like this, with major political pull in a neighboring state, parks the following at various days in our street: Swift DDiS, Octavia, Bolero, Pajero, Scorpio - and all with 9 series number plates.

Last edited by vishwas : 7th April 2010 at 12:25.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:27   #42
BHPian

Best Dadagiri cars are Mumbai Taxis. They are old premier padminis made with steel straight imported from mars. Mind you if they bang your from anyside your car is most likey to suffer maximum damage whilst on the other hand the taxi will end up with a bent bumper at the most. I let them pass everytime they come even a wee bit close.
The Hummer H2 is another vehicle which can easily qualify for the top spot...
Old 7th April 2010, 12:36   #43
BHPian

In Pune / Raigad / Kolhapur, the lower end dadagiri cars have to be White Scorpios with a dark tint bearing 4141/5151 as their number (literally written as "dada" in Devanagari script on the plate)

The ones that command hands down respect have to be the BMWs / Audis with numbers like 1,4,6,9 and the ones that you absolutely HAVE TO make way for are the red ones with PMT written on them
Old 7th April 2010, 12:37   #44
BHPian

In Delhi, any Innova, Tavera or Qualis with HR taxi plates wins hands down.
Otherwise nothing beats a black Escalade with black tints and chrome rims.

Someone I knew, had a Toyota Land Cruiser (new), an X5, a Prado, a Safari (all black) and a white E 280. Whenever the whole family went out all their cars used to go. It looked amazing and trust me the Safari looked more deadly than all the others.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Sumo is the Dadagiri Vehicle. It doesnt matter if its banged all around, value is low. I would not be scared of a fortuner, the owner will also not like to dent his new car!
But, why all this discussion, why cannot WE Indians drive with road manners, i.e. keep to your left lane,centre lane, leave the right most lane only for overtaking, allow vehicles coming in faster to first overtake and then take our turn, etc. etc.
I had suggested long back that Tbhp should make pamplets that should be handedover at all toll collections with the toll reciept, showing some basic driving rules and ettiquets, requesting the drivers to adhere to them and enable our roads become safer and enjoyable.

Most Viewed