Gypsy?

How come no one mentioned it?
Old 7th April 2010, 15:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

what if some goon\dada buys a tata nano
it will become a dadagiri car
Old 7th April 2010, 15:40   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

From personal experience, nothing to beat my Mahindra Classic. Even buses, autos, taxis and all these poser SUVs like scorpio, endy, etc give way. Rather, they stop and let you "cut" even though they may have right of way.
I had a safari earlier with a big tyre upgrade. And that car also made way, but nothing to beat a classic with extra fog lights, huge tyres in your rearview mirror and a crazy air horn blasting away on top of the diesel engine clutter!
Old 7th April 2010, 15:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
But, why all this discussion, why cannot WE Indians drive with road manners, i.e. keep to your left lane,centre lane, leave the right most lane only for overtaking, allow vehicles coming in faster to first overtake and then take our turn, etc. etc.
I had suggested long back that Tbhp should make pamplets that should be handedover at all toll collections with the toll reciept, showing some basic driving rules and ettiquets, requesting the drivers to adhere to them and enable our roads become safer and enjoyable.
In how many places do we have left, centre and right lanes in India ? Most highways are roads that do not even have dividers in the first place. Here the so called "dadagiri" by a few people help them reach their destination faster.

Your idea of handing over booklet to drivers seems good.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:44   #65
BHPian

The two vehicles (on sale) which come to my mind immediately are the Scorpio and Safari. The difference however is that Scorpio is generally driven by goons and uneducated anti-social elements whereas Safari has relatively better scores in this department according to my observation. To put it in a better way: not all Scorpio drivers are goons but most of the goons prefer Scorpio toother vehicles.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:00   #66
BHPian

Road presence dadagir:
1. Ford Endeavour : Black + tints
2. Tata Safari : White + tints + bullguard
3. Hindustan Motors Contessa : Black/white/any dark color + powerful horn
4. Hindustan Motors Ambassador : Same as above
5. Any Mercedes/Bimmer/Audi

And as far as experience goes, I'm totally against hatchback owners, especially Hyundai Santros (no offence, just that I've encountered this many a times) who honk your brains off on the highways while they're trying to reach I-don't-know-where!!
Just don't understand why can't they be a bit sane. Fellow Mumbaikars must've definitely experienced this on the Eastern and Western Express Highways for sure.

Also, who can miss the way some wannabe biker crowds stare at you when it's them who're overtaking you from........................every side of the car!!!
Old 7th April 2010, 16:06   #67
BHPian

Which one?

India's Best 'Dada'giri cars-1135fs.jpg

or

India's Best 'Dada'giri cars-1qd.jpg

Snorkel and bull-bar are photoshoped to black.

here is the original look...

India's Best 'Dada'giri cars-12.jpg

out of these three which one you think I feel more dadagiri type vehicle?

Though Sadly I would be selling my Safari soon, and buying Gypsy!!

Last edited by rhandle : 7th April 2010 at 16:16.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:14   #68
BHPian

All 3 are killers.
The snorkel and bullbar in black look great on the Trax and get the bullbar on the Safari needs to be positioned evenly to make it look more butch!!
Old 7th April 2010, 16:36   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
From personal experience, nothing to beat my Mahindra Classic. Even buses, autos, taxis and all these poser SUVs like scorpio, endy, etc give way.
Il hand 50% on the impression factor to you. But you have to agree that it might have a lot to do with curiosity too? After all, there arent many mahindra classics around. For the other 50% - its more to do with another kind of dadagiri i.e. Fear of damage! If you hit those cars, the damage to yours is not too much (in fact it can be tinkered with by any local garge) but for the other guy its gonna "crash boom bang" !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Road presence dadagir:
1. Ford Endeavour : Black + tints
2. Tata Safari : White + tints + bullguard
3. Hindustan Motors Contessa : Black/white/any dark color + powerful horn
4. Hindustan Motors Ambassador : Same as above
5. Any Mercedes/Bimmer/Audi
I would call that more like 'chota dada' i.e. MLA or Corporator. From first the big league like - Stalin (DMK), Amma (ADMK), Sharad Pawar (NCP) and several other politicos its always a super SUV. I would say Audi Q7, Land Cruiser, Mercedes GL, Hummer H2, Mitsubishi Pajero, VW Touareg, Porsche Cayenne etc are the real power projectors. Apart from these, a supercar is always a power projection too
Old 7th April 2010, 16:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
You have inadvertently become a Dada or maybe you can start enjoying the new dada status

Anyone with pics. Please make this post visually interesting as well
LOL...

interestingly, when my vehicle was brand new & i was waiting outside a shop to install my front bull bar (which by the way is a small black nudge guard), a tavera cab driver came upto me & asked "new scorpio". i said yes. he asked me why i dint have a VIP number like '1' or '999'!!! i said i dont believe in numerology & so i feel spending any amount on fancy numbers is utter waste (just my opinion). he said a white scorpio should definitely have a VIP number & a huge chrome guard up front, not this small nudge guard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Any SUV with ruling (mostly , but to some extent other) party flag in its front is a dadagiri vehicle for me.

I take utmost care to get out of their line. In most cases they are driven by morons who think they own the road and in most cases, i dont hink of revenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
You can make any car a dadagiri vehicle (even M800), esp in saddi delhi with its innumerable small-time dadas.

All you need is extra large alloys, raised rear suspension, 100% black sun film, a dhinchak stereo at max volume, Jai Mata Di plastered on the rear window and a complete disregard for fellow motorists.
totally agree. infact even a small swift which has a flag of any political party or their symbol on its number plate should be stayed away from. i keep my distance with such cars, whether its a swift or a 800 or even a splendour!

i was recently pushed off the road by a silver zen having four teenagers. why? because i mildly honked at them for parking right in the middle of the road! and you people say white scorpio drivers are 'dadas'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
From personal experience, nothing to beat my Mahindra Classic. Even buses, autos, taxis and all these poser SUVs like scorpio, endy, etc give way. Rather, they stop and let you "cut" even though they may have right of way.
I had a safari earlier with a big tyre upgrade. And that car also made way, but nothing to beat a classic with extra fog lights, huge tyres in your rearview mirror and a crazy air horn blasting away on top of the diesel engine clutter!
buddy, you mahindra classic has huge iron bumpers on both sides! even a small shunt with your car will literally tear apart the other car's fibre bumpers! infact every classic owner should stick "danger! keep 10 feet distance" on both the bumpers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Which one?

Attachment 324300

or

Attachment 324301

Snorkel and bull-bar are photoshoped to black.

here is the original look...

Attachment 324302

out of these three which one you think I feel more dadagiri type vehicle?

Though Sadly I would be selling my Safari soon, and buying Gypsy!!
the gurkha tops followed by the fortuner followed by the safari...

there we have our first 'dada' from T-BHP: Mr. rhandle! Lol...

Last edited by raj_5004 : 7th April 2010 at 16:56.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:15   #71
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Safari beats them all

1) Larger and more exclusive than the Scorpio.
2) Used by politicos,
3) Not too expensive to repair in the rare case of it getting scratched by other cars.
4) Scares other vehicles away by size, sound and presence.
5) Endy is as large but due to the low seating it is hard for the driver to command a presence = plus one is a a bit cautious in taking on other vehicles due to costly pannel parts.
6) Fortuner too has seating closer to the cars, but it is most imposing externally, (Exluding the Prado and Land Cruiser) . But again has costly pannel parts.
7) Scorpio has the cheapest pannel parts and is a good VFM bully but then it is not as imposing as the Safari. Yet it too is used by quite a few politicos, is a bit of a bully in white with dark tints.
8) The Pajero too commands respect, but is not used by Politicos today so though it comands presence on the road it is not feared to that extent.

To command traffic one need to also be a vehicle that is not a Delicate Touch me Not, which one is invariably if the vehicle is expensive or the lights, bumpers, side mirrors are too costly.

To be the envy of town is a bit different from being a bully. One is indeed an envy of town in a fortuner, Prado, LC with people in that stata.

Last edited by ACM : 7th April 2010 at 17:33.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:16   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
True story :

Dealership somewhere in Bihar.
Man walks in carrying a rifle, asks to sit in the Scorpio.

Sits in the car, asks the price, and hands over cash on the spot.

Salesman asks if he would like to take a test-drive first. Guy replies that all he wanted to do was make sure his rifle would fit in the car whilst being held upright.
I am into supply business and once went to a rural place where almirah (duplicate Godrej)fabrication was done,
they used to make a stand for rifle in all the almirahs they made, else no one would buy them.
the situation is much improved now though, it is just that, the gap is pretty wider from other place

enough of Ot--
__________________________________________________ _____

Dadagiri= Mahindra Scorpio/Bolero
Tata Safari

and bigger/costlier the vehicle, the bigger your dadagiri quotient raises
CRV/Endy/Fortuner
Old 7th April 2010, 17:27   #73
Senior - BHPian

According to me its

1. Fortuner- all black
2. Prado

Among the under 15 lakh bracket

1. Scorpio - nothing else will do
2. Safari.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:37   #74
BHPian

Ofcourse All politicians cars are dadagiri cars..
Here is my list -
1) Scorpio - with big bull bar, wider tyres and Alloys
2) Safari - with big bull bar, wider tyres and Alloys
3) Ford Endv - by default it has a dadagiri looks
4) Tata Sierra - Old dada
Any car driven by Saurav Ganguly is also a dadagiri car ...
Old 7th April 2010, 19:34   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Dadagiri gaadi's ? India has only one : the Scorp. Esp a White one, with black tints.

Anywhere you go : even the chota dons in rural areas can be seen in one.
Was in HR for a project visit, and the guys were telling us about how they go in a small convoy of Scorps - so they are safe !

May be add the Qualis too - when following the Scorp & sports a party flag. The Amby's used to be the ones for a long time.

The Pajero's, the Endy's etc .. are more like politicians' gaadi's. Safari is relatively too sauve to be dadagiri gaadi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks