Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 00:08   #16
BHPian

Safari Rules

Nothing can come nearer to a mighty white safari with a fancy number!

Its the real BOSS on road!!
Old 7th April 2010, 08:34   #17
BHPian

It is got to be the BEAST - THE TATA SAFARI. The most respected cars on Indian highways, even the truckers respect and give pass to it.
Old 7th April 2010, 08:40   #18
BANNED

I agree with most of you here, but i would like to add a DADAGIRI car in the hatchback segment & that would be a ford fusion!
Old 7th April 2010, 09:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

It has to be the M&M trio SCORPIO, BOLERO and XYLO which bounce and nose-dive and what not when they brake as you see in the rear view mirror, which means "give way or else i will pounce on you", when i consciously or sub-consciously clear up. Other mean-looking SUV's are driven quite sedately(or appear so) and hence don't quality as a Dada.
Old 7th April 2010, 09:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Come to punjab,it has to be Tata Safari\Mahindra Bolero
both white with black tints and Big fat tyres on Chrome Rims.
Old 7th April 2010, 09:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endy it is. that is one HUGE suv. After endy, all Toyota SUVs have some Dadagiri looks.
In sub 12L, my pick will be a subtily bliged black / white Bolero and black / white Safari.
Old 7th April 2010, 09:54   #22
BHPian

Dadagiri is not only about the size...

Dadagiri is not only about the size, it is about the attitude and track record of that model. from this perspective scorpio has earned the maximum fear factor on Indian roads, especially Mumbai and Pune.
Another car that was "avoided" by other drivers was the Swift. Though recently rough-driven swifts are not as common.
TATA indicab....."Jis college me baki padai kartey haiN, wo uss college ka dean hai".
Phoren cars cannot do dadagiri. They have super-duper road presence, but cannot afford dadagiri.

Last edited by Exhaust_Note : 7th April 2010 at 10:03.
Old 7th April 2010, 09:55   #23
BHPian

Rashly driven Tata 407. If there's one in your rear view mirror, better move outta the way !!
Old 7th April 2010, 10:04   #24
BHPian

Its definately an open top gypsy with 7-8 guys sitting in it.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:05   #25
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
India's best Dadagiri car is the Tata Indicab. You buy one of those for yourself, and you will strangely find everybody making way for you. I'm personally quite scared of those critters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Dadagiri cars? I feel the best dadagiri are the Indicabs
Add the TATA Sumos with their constant dinkchak honking

Toyota Fortuner's presence is huge and instantly commands attention. Ford Endy is also a dadagiri material.

Edit - Wasn't there a similar thread discussing about menacing/mean looking beasts?
Old 7th April 2010, 10:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Why is an Octavia considered a dadagiri car? Its an understated, economical and practical car. Hardly a comparison to the Scorps, Safaris and so forth
Old 7th April 2010, 10:26   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Add the Fortuner to that list. I have only had it a few days and boy does it get it's way around. Our Endeavour never managed to clear it's path as well. Also, I got the german style bosch air horn fitted on it so that helps gain some respect too
Old 7th April 2010, 10:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
It has to be the M&M trio SCORPIO, BOLERO and XYLO which bounce and nose-dive and what not when they brake as you see in the rear view mirror, which means "give way or else i will pounce on you", when i consciously or sub-consciously clear up. Other mean-looking SUV's are driven quite sedately(or appear so) and hence don't quality as a Dada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Come to punjab,it has to be Tata Safari\Mahindra Bolero
both white with black tints and Big fat tyres on Chrome Rims.
I agree... There is no way you can leave aside the Mahindra Vehicles, especially the Bolero. It's practically built like a tank and I have seen others give it a wide berth on the road. Scorpio and Xylo, I am not too sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Rashly driven Tata 407. If there's one in your rear view mirror, better move outta the way !!
That's in no way a vehicle in the Personal Ownership segment. From the Tata Stable, I guess the ones with sizeable Road Presence would be the Sierra and the TL 4X4. Safari looks too delicate to be mean enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
I fully agree with you,aerohit.In fact I strongly dislike the word itself-'dada-giri'.Sounds utter cheap.IMO this type of rough attitude is displayed by the drivers of these vehicles, and NOT by the vehicle.People in big cars, SUVs and MUVs feel they are indestructible, which they are not.Another reason is many times such attitude is shown by REAL LIFE GOONS, who are illiterate morons attached to some political party.
Pardon my harsh words,but I hate such kind of road attitude.
No offence to any one here on this community though.
I believe (as a naive newbie perhaps) that the point of this thread is not to promote a culture of "Dadagiri" driving, but to only identify vehicles with sheer road presence that automatically beget respect on the road. I also abhor the mindset that if I am driving a bigger vehicle, I am entitled to push the lesser vehicles off the road. However, at times, it is also desirable, that people give you reasonable space on the road and do not try and push you off. That is where the vehicles being discussed in this thread come into the picture.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:35   #29
BHPian

1. An open Gypsy King (black) with negative offset rims and white lettered tires.
2. A Zen with loud exhaust, big rims & a sun roof.
3. A black Skoda Octaiva with all black tints with big chrome rims.
4. A Safari with negative offset roms and a VIP no.
5. A black porsche panamera (some one owns 1 in my office building), looks dead-lee
Old 7th April 2010, 10:37   #30
BHPian

True. The fortuner is one hell of a dadagiri car. On an aside, any car with bi-xenons or similar powerful headlights gets its way in the night.

Most Viewed