Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 12:44   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Why does one have to "give way" to vehicles? I just don't bother
If there is traffic in front of you, then its fine if you don't move over to the left lane.

If you're in the left lane, then you are ok for not moving over and letting the guy overtake from the right.

BUT If YOU are in the RIGHT LATE and DON't give way to cars when there is space to your left/front and time for a safe lane-change - Then you are an idiot who thinks he owns the road!

PS> Dadagiri-est car of all time - The Tumbler!
Old 7th April 2010, 12:49   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
If there is traffic in front of you, then its fine if you don't move over to the left lane.

If you're in the left lane, then you are ok for not moving over and letting the guy overtake from the right.

BUT If YOU are in the RIGHT LATE and DON't give way to cars when there is space to your left/front and time for a safe lane-change - Then you are an idiot who thinks he owns the road!

PS> Dadagiri-est car of all time - The Tumbler!
On a 2+2 laned highway, I agree. But you need to make way for all cars - even a M800. Not just for a vehicle which is bigger than yours.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

@ Rehaan, this should be suggested as an ad for the Scorpio.

Anyone working at Mahindra, here is a story for you to market

Several times I have spotted Octavia, Scorpios with balck tints, burly guys with several rings as someone said, top shirt buttons undone and have or portray a constipated look. Sometimes I find them funny.

I really gansta Safari I once saw was in Gurgaon. Black Safari, with dark tints and huge rims with spinners.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

Nothing can beat a jeep.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:49   #50
BANNED

well dadagiri car in punjab are as follows:-
1. Ford Endy
2. Fortuner
3. Pajero
4. Safari

No cars only SUVs.

All with black dark tints.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:59   #51
BHPian

1)Mahindra Scorpio fits the bill the most.Most of the drivers are intolerable,go off road to overtake and keep honking.As somebody said,"Not all scorpio drivers are rowdies but all rowdies drive scorpios".Anyway,I think its one of the coolest vehicle to own in India.

2)Tata Safari

3)Toyota Qualis(Bangalore cabbies are the worst)
Old 7th April 2010, 14:01   #52
BHPian

For a jaat from Rural Haryana, the ultimate DADAgiri car is an Alto, filled with 8 jaats with crew cut.

Strange nobody has mentioned a Land Cruiser here.

In punjab i guess the ultimate DADAgiri car is an M800 with alloy wheel and tires that go six inches out of the wheel arches fitted with suspension from a tractor.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:10   #53
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore, no car can qualify for this status because autos rule this roost undisputed.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:23   #54
Senior - BHPian

well, i rate the scorpio, safari, fortuner & endy as dadagiri cars! these cars have tough outer shells & a huge road presence that makes other cars give way.

there are more expensive SUVs too, but nobody is scared of them as they know that they wont be driven rashly as their paint/body work would be too expensive in the event of a shunt.

i have, on many occasions, seen cars giving way or stopping in an intersection when i am driving my scorpio, sometimes even without me honking or flashing. this does not happen with my innova. so i do not agree that innova is a dadagiri car.

by the way, to make it clear, my scorpio does not have dark tints, i dont have 10 rings on my fingers, i dont wear a white shirt with top 3 buttons undone & nor do i wear a heavy gold chain, my scorpio does not have a VIP number & lastly, i am not remotely related to any gang or political party!!! i just bought a scorpio because i love SUVs & a scorpio is fun to drive, nothing more. no intentions of scaring other traffic & i dont drive that way too.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:27   #55
BHPian

White Scorpio and Safari in that order . Scorpio really sends a shiver down my spine
Old 7th April 2010, 14:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
by the way, to make it clear, my scorpio does not have dark tints, i dont have 10 rings on my fingers, i dont wear a white shirt with top 3 buttons undone & nor do i wear a heavy gold chain, my scorpio does not have a VIP number & lastly, i am not remotely related to any gang or political party!!! i just bought a scorpio because i love SUVs & a scorpio is fun to drive, nothing more. no intentions of scaring other traffic & i dont drive that way too.
You have inadvertently become a Dada or maybe you can start enjoying the new dada status

Anyone with pics. Please make this post visually interesting as well
Old 7th April 2010, 14:38   #57
BHPian

Any SUV with ruling (mostly , but to some extent other) party flag in its front is a dadagiri vehicle for me.

I take utmost care to get out of their line. In most cases they are driven by morons who think they own the road and in most cases, i dont hink of revenge.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore, apart from Auto's, its the yellow board indicas and tata sumos.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:52   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
But you need to make way for all cars - even a M800. Not just for a vehicle which is bigger than yours.
100 google % ! There is nothing worse than an egoistic driver - they do the most 'dada-giri'!

This is a hilarious thread up-until the wannabe dada's on this forum start posting their pics!
Old 7th April 2010, 15:12   #60
BHPian

You can make any car a dadagiri vehicle (even M800), esp in saddi delhi with its innumerable small-time dadas.

All you need is extra large alloys, raised rear suspension, 100% black sun film, a dhinchak stereo at max volume, Jai Mata Di plastered on the rear window and a complete disregard for fellow motorists.

Most Viewed