Team-BHP - Audi Q7 to get 3 upgraded powertrains to replace current ones
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Audi Q7 to get 3 upgraded powertrains to replace current ones (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/79149-audi-q7-get-3-upgraded-powertrains-replace-current-ones.html)

From this article, 2011 Audi Q7 SUV Gains New V6 Engines Including 333HP Supercharged TFSI and 8-Speed Autos - Carscoop

Audi is replacing three out its four powertrain offerings in its Q7 line up. All models now get an 8 speed automatic transmission.

Internationally and of course in India, the Q7 comes with:Was this the reason behind Audi's delays in Q7 deliveries?

Hope India gets these new engines soon after the German launch tomorrow at the Leipzig auto show.

I think the 3.0 TFSI engine should be priced lower than the 3.0TDi to drive volumes. An entry level petrol if priced will could attract more customers, although most buyers would still prefer the diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1826691)
  • 4.2 TDI, already launched yesterday in India at an approx price of Rs.59 lakhs for a limited period, produces 340 bhp and 740 NM torque. Now this motor has upgraded hi pressure CRDi injection and an increased

Just saw the Q7 4.2 TDI test drive in zig wheels. 740NM torque is the too good.
IMO, its next best thing to Q7 v12

I saw a 'Wanted Q7 4.2 TDi, Premium assured' advertisement in the Hindustan Times Classifieds last weekend. Any idea on the waiting period?

V8 petrol are dropped for all markets entirely in the interest of FE.

Really bold move by Audi esp for the US market where V8s rule.

Even the new Porsche Cayenne and upcoming VW Touareg have shed the proper offroading hardware including the low ratio, and just like the Audi Q7 they will be available with 8 Speed Gearbox(Might be a lower 1st gear might try to compensate for the lack of low ratios).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1911438)
V8 petrol are dropped for all markets entirely in the interest of FE.

Really bold move by Audi esp for the US market where V8s rule.

Might not be for the US market though.
They have only petrol offerings in US.
Infact they dropped the plan of selling Q7 v12 there because even though it has an amazing engine with excellent FE(considering its performance that is), they found that being a diesel it will not have many takers in US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 1911430)
I saw a 'Wanted Q7 4.2 TDi, Premium assured' advertisement in the Hindustan Times Classifieds last weekend. Any idea on the waiting period?

Yes I have also been asked indirectly if I'd be interested in such a thing for my booking. Strange that there is so much interest generated by this particular variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxx (Post 1911414)
Just saw the Q7 4.2 TDI test drive in zig wheels. 740NM torque is the too good.
IMO, its next best thing to Q7 v12

Actually this engine has good potential for chipping. Imagine what 440+ PS and 920+ Nm of torque can do with chipping (RaceChip) ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by entropy (Post 1911746)
Actually this engine has good potential for chipping. Imagine what 440+ PS and 920+ Nm of torque can do with chipping (RaceChip) ...

Yup, and its way cheaper than the v12 which costs almost twice this.

Moreover, 740Nm is enough practically here.
1000Nm is insane, maybe good when we are on the Autobahn.

I tried for a Q7 from Chennai. The Chennai dealer revealed that all Q7 4.2TDI's in stock all over the country have been sold out, the waiting period is now 15 (or was it 50) weeks. He also said the 3.0TDI is no longer available. Might be that Audi is changing the engines, and the Q7 is a better deal in the segment, as the Mercedes GL is still 6 cylinder and the Toyota LC nudges 1 crore mark OTR. Or is it the usual Audi India norm- those models you want have a standard 4 months waiting period, but those petrol TFSI's are available almost right away?

^^ 50 weeks for a Q7? :eek: I would rather build it myself :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxx (Post 1911448)
Might not be for the US market though.
They have only petrol offerings in US.
Infact they dropped the plan of selling Q7 v12 there because even though it has an amazing engine with excellent FE(considering its performance that is), they found that being a diesel it will not have many takers in US.

Hey. No man. I think they are selling TDI engines in many states in US. I am sure that they sell in Pennsylvania, because I have seen the ads on tv in Philadelphia. They even claim that their engines are less polluting compared to petrol. But that sure has something to do with the catalytic converters also.

The below article from Autocar mentions that the Q7 with the V12 tdi engine is headed to India and it will cost approximately Rs 1 crore ex-showroom.

Audi Q7 V12 TDI review, test drive - Review - Autocar India

Audi Q7 to get 3 upgraded powertrains to replace current ones-q7v12.jpg