Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 18:34   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hey DCEite the thread you pointed out is brilliant, man. Specially liked the Desi version of Hotel California (hotel Karnal-a-fonia)and Sambhar of 69!! Giri Giri Peck!! where do guys come up with such jewels!!

Last edited by windiesel : 11th April 2010 at 18:39.
Old 11th April 2010, 21:43   #122
BHPian

Sad fate of Punto. Except for the past bad after sales service, for the average joe, Punto is much better value than i 20. I would trade the extra space in i20 for lower cost in Punto. I could go for a higher spec Punto for a comparitive i20 cost.
Fiat's loss also needs to be seen with regard to the phenomenal numbers of Figo which also had a bad after sales history.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:54   #123
BHPian

Hi
I thought logan was discontinued from the market and a new upgraded version is to come. But the figures show that logan is still in the game.
Nice to note the numbers for nano. Really a tremendrous effort from tata motors. Hey could you get the numbers for xylo, scorpio, safari and innova.
Cheers.
Old 12th April 2010, 01:46   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Fiat's loss also needs to be seen with regard to the phenomenal numbers of Figo which also had a bad after sales history.
I agree on the Punto part. But on the above statement, Can you please explain?
Old 12th April 2010, 03:26   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Slightly OT again, when people writing Volkswagen (pronounced as 'folk,va:gen) (as Germans doesn't have F in their alphabet) properly as per the company's name, why showed reluctancy to write MARUTI as per company's name, irrespective of how they pronounce?
says who? They did not teach that when I took my german lessons!!
Old 12th April 2010, 07:12   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
I think Deep Blue meant Ford's reputation of expensive-to-maintain cars.

On the contrary, I think Fiat has not done too badly with the Punto. I might be wrong, because the i20 does way more numbers, but that's more to do with Hyundai's reputation (well deserved though). The key for Fiat is to get those 1000 units per month to have highly satisfied owners. That along with the fact that the Linea is still doing quite well, would get them a customer base that they need.

With word of mouth publicity working positively for a change, they can add new varients/upgrades to the Punto and the Linea to make them sell better.
On the face of it, the sales figures seem disappointing, but Fiat is slowly coming back!
Old 12th April 2010, 08:45   #127
BHPian

Pardon my knowledge, but why are Skoda's sales divided into 3; Octavia, Laura and L&K. As per my knowledge, L&K is the top-end model of the Octi (which I guess is discontinued) and Laura.
Old 12th April 2010, 09:15   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I am surprised to see the sales of old lady Pajero rasied from 57 to 200. is there any reason behind this ?

One of the reasons could be that from April 2010 onwards, the Pajero cannot be sold in Euro4 Cities (due to non-compliance).
So, all intending buyers from these cities would have queued up to grab the last opportunity.
Old 12th April 2010, 09:50   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Sorry, my bad, I meant the Ford, not Figo specifically.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:24   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Looks like you need to chill. Neither did I take you view personally (I dont own an A-star) nor did I question the validity of your view on looks. All I said that most hatches available today are as screwed-up when it comes to looks.
Got your point supremebaleno

Qwirky is the new age desing mantra
Old 12th April 2010, 11:34   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
It's MARUTI and not MARUTHI, pal. Don't believe me? check out the company's website
Dude! chill! it is just a typo!

after all what is in a name.

the CR-V numbers seem to be CR-ying at just 66

Last edited by Mafia : 12th April 2010 at 11:38.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:35   #132
Senior - BHPian

1 Logan is sold in April! My neighbour just bought a Logan Tourer. Looks "good" as compared to other Logans.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:23   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Some interesting observations:

Slightly OT again, when people writing Volkswagen (pronounced as 'folk,va:gen) (as Germans doesn't have F in their alphabet) properly as per the company's name, why showed reluctancy to write MARUTI as per company's name, irrespective of how they pronounce?

Thanks heavens ford wasn't a german or we would be labelling "Vord Vigo" as the monthly champion of march 2010 sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Sad fate of Punto. Except for the past bad after sales service, for the average joe, Punto is much better value than i 20. I would trade the extra space in i20 for lower cost in Punto. I could go for a higher spec Punto for a comparitive i20 cost.
I am not sure how much is the effect of Pricing on Punto's sales. If my memory serves right Punto was launched at 3.99 L pricing for the lowest end model, whereas the current TVCs show Punto range starting at 4.57 L.

That may be the true reason why sales are falling for punto. Customer still sees this car as a Swift competitor than i20 Fighter.

Last edited by Dippy : 12th April 2010 at 19:23. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:43   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
1 Logan is sold in April! My neighbour just bought a Logan Tourer. Looks "good" as compared to other Logans.
That's one of the best sarcastic comments

Was it on April fools day?

P.S: No offence to Logan owners. I'm aware of it's +ves and -ves.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:58   #135
BHPian

So this marks the official death of the Fiat Palio with 2,2,0 figures. R.I.P. one of the most under marketed cars in Indian automotive history. IMHO, the Palio could have been the turnaround car for Fiat in India, and even today holds some promise at the right price point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks